Default First time. CSS or TI , what to do, room to reserve. etc.,

Message boards gave me tons of insight!! Thanks. We are taking our honeymoon ( FINALLY!) Dec 20th - 24th. I like what I've read abvout CSS and TI but would appreciate some info from regulars. Which resort and why? What to wear in Dec ? Which rooms ( they all look alike in the pics)? We would like a beach view. What to do ( scuba etc.,)? Is 4 days long enough to soak it in or should we try 5-6 days? SUPER EXCITED!!

We prefer CSS because to us the resort has more of a "villa" feel, while CTI seems more "hotel" like. That may be just our opinion. As far as which room, they are all great. they all have a view of the ocean. The beachfront are right by the beach, and the ground floor view of course can be obstructed by the beach structures. But we love it.
    Linda

I say the longer the better! We got a deluxe ocean front room! It was on the top floor of building 4 and it was incredible, a suite would be nice, but rather than the extra expense of a suite we splurged on a longer trip and the room was still fabulous with an absolutely perfect view

I've only been once (to CTI), am going back this spring to SA, but I will say CTI was amazing! If I wasn't going back for a wedding I'd be staying at CTI again! Every restaurant was amazing, every staff member was amazing, I think you get the point that everything was amazing!

We had an Ocean View Jr. Suite. I wouldn't recommend it. We got it because it had a mini bar, a jacuzzi tub and of course the view. The mini bar was nice to have, but the jacuzzi tub was so small it was more annoying then romantic, and the view if you stood on the chair on the balcony and moved your head to the left you could see the beach otherwise all you saw were palm tree branches. None of those things ruined our trip, and we had the most amazing time regardless, but next time I'll either go big or go no frills. My advice to you would be to upgrade all the way and get the best room in the place or not waste the money on a slightly advanced room.

No matter where you go I'm sure you'll love every second of it. Since it is your honeymoon, if you can swing it I'd say get the highest room in CTI, if you're facing the sea the left side of the property probably has the most amazing views, getting better and better the higher the floor.

I can answer nothing except this - 4 days for a honeymoon seems short to me. If you can swing it, go longer. I cannot imagine you will regret spending an extra day or two on your honeymoon. ;-)

We like CSS but CTI is our favorite. If you want to be around people and a party atmosphere during the day the island can't be beat. The A/N beach at CSS is beautiful too and more private plus being able to easily get naked in the ocean is nice too. We have never been unhappy with any room we have had at couples as long as it has an ocean view. CTI is closer to the ocean so you can hear it from the room. CSS is spread out a lot more and you have to do some walking to get from one end to the other but the grounds are beautiful. CTI is smaller and more intimate and we like the night life at CTI better. We always book 8 or 9 days and I really think 4 would just leave you wanting more. I probably just confused you more with my opinions. Have a great trip whatever you decide!

HI!
    Both are lovely resorts with exceptional food, drink and service. Is 4 nights long enough? NO WAY
    Heck, we can't even do 7 anymore, has to be 14. We stayed at CTI and were actually booked there for 14 nights but half way through we went ot CSS for the day, fell in love with it and moved the next morning. CTI was just not us, to much like a hotel, small beach not enough to do at night. CSS was amazing! Gorgeous rooms, grounds and much calmer water to float in! We've been back since our first time there in 2010 and are planning to go again in January.

Thanks guys...Looks like we're scratching the 4 days and adding a few. Heading out 12/18. CSS maybe this time around with an ocean view, save TI for the next one. They both sound awesome! We appreciate the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    HI!
    Both are lovely resorts with exceptional food, drink and service. Is 4 nights long enough? NO WAY
    Heck, we can't even do 7 anymore, has to be 14. We stayed at CTI and were actually booked there for 14 nights but half way through we went ot CSS for the day, fell in love with it and moved the next morning. CTI was just not us, to much like a hotel, small beach not enough to do at night. CSS was amazing! Gorgeous rooms, grounds and much calmer water to float in! We've been back since our first time there in 2010 and are planning to go again in January.
    Marnies...youare an inspiration to me. I must stop thinking of stays of only 7 days and think of stays of 14 days or more. I am looking forward to falling in love with CSS, as you have.

We go to CTI. We have visited CSS 2x just prefer CTI for us. As for length of stay, I would book the cheapest room and stay longer if that is what it takes. All rooms at CTI will have mini bars and full room service as of August 21. We have stayed in Superior Ocean, Deluxe & Premier. Seriously, I would stay in a garden view if I needed to. Someone mentioned getting the best room--those are the villas on the lawn and have no ocean view. BUT one or two of them have private plunge pools. Another thing about the 4 days--you have one day of arrival, check in isn't until 3 or 4, but sometimes you can get in earlier; then one day for departure. That really only gives you two days to enjoy the resort.
    Vicky