Default No Worries Mon...Not Quite Yet

Arrived at airport at 3:45am just to see plane cancelled...not delayed cancelled..this was followed by no worries we have done everything we can to fix this and have rebooked you for tomorrow...Um NO!!!! Changed airlines and now arriving almost 2 hours later than original schedule. We will miss the afternoon snorkel...and maybe even miss a few pina coladas with a shot of Appleton Rum on top, but we won't miss a night!
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)

I am SO sorry that you're flight got canceled and no one let you guys know this?? great customer service now!
    glad you guys got on another flight and enjoy your trip!!

That would have devastated me!!! But then I don't handle stress and change very well especially not when it comes to my vacations which have been planned out for a long long time.

I love how it appears that you made "a margarita" out of a lemon...so to speak. I am glad that you were able to work it out without much delay .

which airline?

What airline (so I'll know who NOT to use)?

Also one reason I always purchase trip cancellation / interruption insurance.

OMG! So glad things worked out for you! Our flights were changed for Dec to different days, but at least we had time to change airlines! BTW, what airline did this to you, may I ask?!

Great story!!!! If you don't mind me asking what airport and what airline?

I Love it!! Adapt improvise and overcome!!!

Enjoy your stay!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Great attitude!!!! Enjoy your trip and safe travels.

3:45 a.m. and you found out at the airport! I know that you catch more flies with sugar but I would have literally chewed someones head off - especially if I didn't have my coffee! I am so glad that it worked out for you..........a crisis diverted so you can relax in paradise! Ahhhhhhh.

I would have been angry over that! Great job in getting on a different airline to get to Jamaica. Slightly jealous of you right now, but that's what I get for not scheduling our trip til December! Have a great time!!

Sorry guys it took me so long to respond...I'm always to sad to get back on the message boards right away until I am at least in the same year as my next trip!!!

It was AirTran but unfortunately they are a big name that still offers flights to Jamaica so it's not likely it would happen again and it might have just been in error, as the fault was mother natures. The good thing was that it did all turn out alright!!!!
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)

Whew! Glad you were able to get to paradise the same day!

Just a point to consider when booking air tickets... if your airline is part of a bigger "group", you have more flexibility if your flight is cancelled. This is because you can request to be re-booked on one of the partner airlines (they won't do it automatically, but will on request). If you book a "bargain" airline that is not affiliated with any group, then you will most likely have to wait until that airline can rebook you on their plane - and likely it's one flight per day, and the next day may be booked full. So, if the price is similar I go for the big airline. If it is a HUGE difference in cost, then the cheaper. Also, helpful if you have a smartphone app with flight schedules on it. I've had better luck asking for specific alternate flights (ie "can you please try to get me a seat on VS007 this afternoon?" v/s saying "what can you do to help, please?". If you don't have a smartphone, you can also make a cheat sheet by doing a flight search for your same destinations/days and noting who flies and when. I have flown a *lot* for work and pleasure, and it is empowering (and calming) to KNOW you have options.

Further tip: many airlines now offer a text message flight update service. If you register, they will send you a text with your gate, and any delay updates. I've found that I often know about delays before the gate staff do, so can make alternate plans (ie fix missed connections) before the rest of the plane is trying to do the same.

MeandT

Good points. We always book our entire trip through an airline vacation package. Including insurance. THEY have to fix any issues. And have in past trips.

Life is good