Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Silly question?

Couple is for couples in love...are you in love? If you are, you and your love are in the right place. However, Jamaica as a whole is not so opened minded and you should keep this in mind if you leave the resort.

I like Couples and was prepared to fall in love with it during our first stay in 36 days amd counting. After reading the comments from the 'repeaters" on this thread, I am crazy in love with this resort chain. tuckerberg, we'll meet you on Sunset Beach!

I think that people are understating the non-acceptance of homosexuality in Jamaica. Male homosexuality is illegal in Jamaica. Article 79 of the Offences Against the Person Act:
    Any male person who, in public or private, commits, or is a party to the commission of, or procures or attempts to procure the commission by any male person of, any act of gross indecency with another male person, shall be guilty of a misdemeanour, and being convicted thereof shall be liable at the discretion of the court to be imprisoned for a term not exceeding two years, with or without hard labour.
    Read More Here

Quote Originally Posted by jenpatrick View Post
    I think that people are understating the non-acceptance of homosexuality in Jamaica. Male homosexuality is illegal in Jamaica . . . .
    Homosexuality is not illegal; rather, the commission of certain sexual acts between two men is illegal. It is the act, not the status, that is illegal.

That being said, homosexual acts are also illegal in a number of states in the U.S. Those laws are simply not enforced. The Jamaican police are not going to stake out the room of any homosexual couple and burst in if they suspect that some illegal act might be going on inside.

However, the OP is a woman, and Jamaica's laws rendering homosexual acts to be illegal are confined to sexual acts between men, not women.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I am overwhelmed by all the responses!! Thank you all so very much for your kindness, consideration and information. We have decided to book a trip for next fall wish it could be sooner but finances and schedules are tight. I am SO excited!!!!!!!!!!! plus it will give me plenty of time to drop the 15 pesky pounds that have been taunting me...
    I have been reading these boards for so many years and been so envious of all of you. I guess i have been living vicariously through each post i read and pictures you have posted. Time to make it happen.
    Thank you all again,
    Kristen

tuckerberg,
    Wonderful!! Hope to see you at CSA next fall!
    Cheers,
    Terri

OMG...SO JEALOUS! I hope it is everything you dreamed!! I will be looking for the review and pics!!!

2 years ago I stayed at CSA and there were 2 white guys hanging out with the water sports guys on a regular basis. I assumed they were staff. One night while eating at Feathers they came into the restaurant, as a couple. I was shocked, but happily so. I was happy to see the staff treating them so well, and the water sports team treating them like old friends. I would not worry about it while at the resort.
    Also, I became close to one of the entertainment staff during my visits, and he is a gay man. He keeps it to him self ( even though most people can tell), but is treated with respect from the Couples as his employer, which also makes me happy.
    Also, CSA attracts a younger crowd then the other Couples resorts, and I have never visited the resort when there was not 1-2 lesbian couples. No worry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2