Thread: Football

Default Football

Is there anywhere near CSS which has 'Sky' or a satellite channel station which will show English Football?
    Only 10days to go : ) and the football starts that weekend. x

I'm disappointed there will be no HOF game b/c hubby and I will be there then! Tho as I told him, I'm sure we could find *some* football! Plus our anniv is on 8/6...celebrating 17 years!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Good question. We'll be in CTI in October. Is there anywhere there to watch "real" football on Sunday's? (NFL)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    Good question. We'll be in CTI in October. Is there anywhere there to watch "real" football on Sunday's? (NFL)
    Are you referring to the so-called "real" football that was begun well after Association Football(soccer) and is only popular here in the US? My interpretation of "real" would be the one that has been around longer, has a much larger following and is played by more people worldwide. Sorry, but that is not the NFL. Jamaica's most popular sports are cricket and "real" football (not American football), so the chance of watching the NFL may be slim. I know when we were at CN in February, we went to Margaritaville and they had Premier League matches on the televisions. GGMU
    Stay Irie, Mon!
    Dana & Mike

Martin who works in the Gift shop at CSS IS A BIG Man U fan and told me that he watches the Premier League football in the bar next door to CSS (On the right as you leave the property and on the same side of the road) together with some of the other guys working at CSS. If you have a word with him `

Martin who works in the gift shop at CSS is a big Man U fan and told me that he watches the Premier League games at the "locals" bar next door to couples (on the right as you come out of CSS and on the same side of the road) with some of the other guys who work there. If you have a word with him he will probably be able to let you know what games are scheduled and the timings and will most likely invite you to join him and his friends when they are next going.

Couples Resorts carry the primary American network channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox), so you will be able to watch NFL games. However, the network affiliates are generally out of Miami, so you would get the Sunday games on CBS and Fox that are shown in the Miami viewing area.

If you don't want to watch a game in your room, there is also a television in the game room.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Actually, they get NFL. We watched the Packer games almost every December we are there.
    Linda

Thanks for the info. I guess it will be Margaritaville to watch REAL football aka soccer. NEWCASTLE UNITED all the way! x

I've successfully streamed football games in the internet cafe at CSA. Additionally, you will be able to see whatever coverage that the Miami FL market is provided on television. Of course, I'm talking about American Football for those interested.

Although there were some preemptions on the ESPN channel. Cricket was on instead of ESPN college Gameday. Soccer was on instead of Sunday Night Baseball, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    Despite the snarky response you already got, you can watch it on the televisions the resort provides.

You can watch football at CTI in the games room (along with staff who hide in there to watch the football). They have the premiership on virtually every day and you can also watch footy in the gym. UP THE VILLA!!.
    Steve.

Here's hoping I can catch the Auburn vs Florida game on October 15th! War Eagle!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)