Default Superior vs Deluxe Ocean @ CTI

Do all of the superior ocean rooms at CTI have little private balconies? I've looked various places and some say yes and some say no. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

If not, do all of the deluxe ocean rooms? I'm trying to figure out if I need to upgrade!

Travelling 9/22-9/27 for the first time!

Default Yes...

Superior and Deluxe oceanfront rooms all have balconies. The difference is what buildings they may be in. We will be at CTI from 9/17 through 9/26 so we will be there when you are. Hopefully we will meet up with each other. Check out the Meet up board Sept. 2011 thread, lots of us there going to be there the same time.

Ralph & Roberta
    Syracuse, NY
    COR 9/1982, CTI 9/2007, CTI 9/2009, CTI 9/2011

Location is the main difference between superior, deluxe and premier room catergories at CTI.
    The premier rooms are in a new building

All rooms at CTI have some sort of balcony or patio (garden rooms have a patio on the lower level).
    Vicky

Excellent! I just wanted to make sure we could eat breakfast there in the morning and have champagne at night. Cant wait! Perhaps we could meet up!

What time do you arrive? Seeing that this is your 1st time at CTI, I will buy the 1st round of drinks. We will have to make a meeting place to meet. I promise to save some rum for you. Keep in touch.

Ralph & Roberta
    Syracuse, NY
    COR 9/1982, CTI 9/2007, CTI 9/2009, CTI 9/2011

If we get her renewed passport in time *fingers crossed* we are due to land at 11:50 so pending the transfer, we hope to get there by 2:30-3:00 on 9/22.

Here's a look from the Superior Ocean room in Bldg #2 by the new pool. We were on the 2nd floor with a great view of the pool and the ocean.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mike & Martha

CSS 2010, 2013, 2014
    CTI 2011
    CN 2012

[QUOTE=bowlcoach;142790]Here's a look from the Superior Ocean room in Bldg #2 by the new pool. We were on the 2nd floor with a great view of the pool and the ocean.[/QUOTE

Building 2 has premier and Jr. Suites rooms. Superior are in Building 5.
    Vicky

Excellent view, thanks for the pic! Could you hear the waves from building 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks41 View Post
    Excellent view, thanks for the pic! Could you hear the waves from building 2?
    You can hear the waves from Building 2 as well as the waterfall during the day. The rooms in Building 2 are Premier and Jr. Suites, though, not Superior.
    Vicky

Vicky,

I posted my waves question before your previous post was shown due to moderation of the boards. Thanks for the insight though!

What about from Building 5 then?

Rooms in #5 are Superior. These rooms face west and overlook the ocean and small cove. Not sure about hearing the waves, but I have known several couples that had rooms in #5 and really enjoyed the quiet as there is no foot traffic and the furthest from the activity at the resort. There is a walkway between a wall and the building, but there are no rooms on the ground floor.
    Vicky

If you go with a Superior room, I'd request (when you get there, since you cannot beforehand) a higher level room. We walked around that end of the resort (there's a path going right past the balconies of building 5) and the 1st and maybe the 2nd floor rooms at the far end away from the water had views obstructed by the foliage. (That was in Jan. so unless they cut it back!)
    Deluxe rooms are in buildings 1 and 4. We were in building 4 and even on the 1st floor had a totally unobstructed view straight out over Tower Isle. We loved the location far enough away from the restaurants. We'd pick that category again for sure.
    Our view:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1129097...49397684269618
    If you scroll back there are more room photos.

Jamaicanmecrazy...Your photos are awesome! Thanks much! I'll be returning to CTI for the third time on 8/27 thru 9/3...Can't wait!

Very nice pictures Jamaicanmecrazy!! Thanks for sharing

On an up note... her renewed passport arrived from the Lithuanian Embassy a month early!!! Woohoo!