Default Need Reassurance!!!!!

Hey All! I'm been reading the board for awhile, but this is my first post. My fiance and I are going to CN for our Honeymoon in November!!! I did a lot of research before booking and my gut feeling told me, CN beachfront suite, so that's what we booked! I'm starting to feel uneasy due to some recent pictures and reviews on tripadvisor. These pics show dirty tile, rusty railings, and say some pretty bad things. Just looking for some feed back from recent visitors! I am so excited to go, and don't want to doubt it for a second!!!!!

I am going to CN for the first time in two weeks, and I also am confused as the latest negative reviews. Its like they are talking about a different resort , but then I did see the pics as well.

Hello!! I recently got married at Couples Negril. I am somewhat picky and was worried about EVERYTHING. We stayed in an Ocean Deluxe Beachfront Room and couldn't have been any more satisfied. We went with 31 people and EVERYONE was happy. Everything was perfect, not at any time did we feel "not clean". The floors are a little moist, that's because of all of the humidity. I promise, you made a good decision, don't worry about a thing, you will be completely happy with everything.

We've stayed at CN numerous times and have never witnessed anything dirty, especially in the rooms. Housekeeping there as well as other Couples resorts is outstanding. The resort is not brand new, but well kept. You have to be wary of comments you see on TA, I think some people just like to complain and/or are extremely picky. You will LOVE CN, go forth and enjoy.

First, congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon. Now ... relax. We were at CN last November, with a deluxe oceanview room (Bldg 8), and we'll be right there again this November. Everything was clean, and we didn't see any rust anywhere. Most mornings we could be found on our balcony having coffee before heading out ... clean out there as well. The bathroom was always clean.

Now if you're looking for a 5-star type of accommodation, this isn't it. It's not fancy-shmancy. But it is tropical paradise, and you won't be disappointed. And since you have a suite, you'll even more room to spread out. Not that you'll be spending all that much time in your room.

Maybe we'll see you there.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Trip Advisor reviews must be taken with a grain of salt. We're returning to CN in August for our third trip, it's really not a shoddy resort! Note that it's not spanking brand new, nor is it full of marble and gold, it's more rustic luxury but it is clean, well kept and recently remodeled. I don't think the Couples resorts would be making Travel & Leisure's Top 10 Resorts in the Caribbean year after year if they were as bad as some of those reviews lead others to believe. Read more reviews on here and less on TA.

We stayed in a deluxe beachfront regular room in May 2011. We had no problems with any of what you have mentioned. The resort is not new so there are sometimes signs of use and exposure to saltwater. We are booked already for a return trip(this time for 8 nights) and are booking the same room type. We met a young couple on our last trip that were also on their honeymoon and they were having a blast. You will have a GREAT time.

Some people expect marble and gold when they get there. IMO, these are some of the nicest rooms I've ever seen. The rooms are clean...we've NEVER had a problem with the cleanliness of the rooms, including the bathroom. Some might show a little age but it is because they are so popular! Age is charm sometimes too and I think they are great. CN is WONDERFUL. You have not made a mistake. We will be there in November as well, not for our honeymoon, but it is our 3rd trip back. Look at the meet up thread at the top, go to CN and look for our November thread and jump on board with us!

Trust your instincts...they were right on!

My husband and I just got back from our Honeymoon at CN 3 days ago. I just posted our review on Tripadvisor but its currently "pending", but watch out for it because it will give you all the details of our trip. We had an amazing time at CN, we couldn't have asked for anything better. CN is not a ritzy super fancy resort but it is still beautiful and clean. We actually were plesantly suprised with our room. We too would read all the reviews before we left and heard things about the resort being "run down" but we did not feel that at all. Its got a Jamaican flare to it, which is exactly what we wanted, a authentic Jamaican resort. The grounds are beautiful and our room was clean and very nice without dirty tile and we never saw one but of any sort in our room the whole time we were there. Honestly, don't worry. I worried before our trip and it was a waste because it was paradise.

Trust me and everyone on the MB- this resort is top notch! I spend my days of dreaming of our return trip. This will be our 3rd time and already have the 4th trip booked as well. If it is glitz and glamor you want, then CN is not for you. If you want a sparkling clean charming resort with a Jamaican feel, excellent food, top notch service and one of the loveliest beaches in the entire Caribbean, CN is indeed for you. Stop worrying. Trust us message board junkies. CN is the spot and resort for you and your beloved.

Just returned from there. We can't stop thinking about CN.We talk about it constantly! We enjoyed the rooms because they have a eclectic Jamaican feel to them- bright colors, great bedding and I thought they were very clean and great!
    The place is not a marble covered, stuffy, over the top rich palace but that is why we love it!!! You will have the time of your life there. be excited!!

I absolutely agree with everything that has been said on this message board. I have visited 2 S resorts in Jamaica. Would i return to one again? absolutely not. I visited CN 2 years ago. Would i return again? well we are doing in a few weeks time. CN to us was just absolutely perfect. Yes i did think that the bathrooms needed a facelift, BUT they were always spotless as was the rest of the room and resort. I feel 100% confident that you will not be disappointed. By the way we were next door to a suite, and the young couple let us have a look. Believe me they are stunning. Congrats and enjoy

Default Thank you!!

Thanks so much everyone for your feedback!!! It did make me feel a lot better!! I am not looking for glitz and glamour, just a relaxing, tropical, romantic 8 days with my new hubby . I will not worry anymore, I just know CN will be right for us. Oh, we will be there 11/14-11/22 for the other going in November, maybe we'll see you!!

We stayed in a beachfront suite while at CN during our last trip. The room was beautiful, clean, and perfectly maintained. I, too, love the authentic, Jamaican vibe that is evident at this resort. I hope you love this place as much as we do.

As everyone else has said...no need to fear. Keep in mind, this is a tropical location. The tropics are warm and humid, so there will always be the potential for some natural things (some mildew type things), but everything is clean and well maintained. Could you se a few bugs? Sure. But again, it is the tropics. Just relax and have fun!!!

Our first trip to CN we went for it and got the beachfront suite (I think that's what it's called...6301 was out room - outstanding!!!!). We are returning for stay #3 in December, #4 in April 2012. It's fun to have 2 trips booked! (we are spoiled ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by JCJH111211 View Post
    Thanks so much everyone for your feedback!!! It did make me feel a lot better!! I am not looking for glitz and glamour, just a relaxing, tropical, romantic 8 days with my new hubby . I will not worry anymore, I just know CN will be right for us. Oh, we will be there 11/14-11/22 for the other going in November, maybe we'll see you!!
    Glad you now feel at ease. Here's a suggestion too. Go to this thread Couples at Couples and then post a picture of the two of you. Then we'll know who to say hi to! We'll be there the same week as you two.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I think so people just have preconceived notions and their expectations don't match the setting. I have traveled extensively and generally go 5-star. I usually take Celebrity cruises and when I'm on one I expect opulence, glitz and white glove service. I get what I expect. I don't expect that glitz at Couples and I don't care that I won't find it there.

I just went to Trip Adviser to see the reviews you were talking about. From reading them, it seems that people were expecting that as well. Couples makes no promises to WOW you with their Italian marble and gold gilded mirrors. The promise to give you comfortable accommodations, THE BEST service, THE BEST selection of FREE activities, beautiful surroundings, etc... Anyone even looking at a picture of the rooms on the website will know they aren't getting luxurious accommodations, so don't expect them. I could have paid an extra $10,000 for my 10 night trip if I wanted a *fancy* bathroom.

Now, with respect to the cleanliness....I did find the pictures of the one bathroom unacceptable, BUT the reviewer stated that he didn't call the front desk and cleaned it himself. Okay, you deserve to be unhappy with that, but I'm sure that a call to the front desk would have had the bathroom cleaned.

Also, the reviewer was complaining about having to wait 2 hours for a room...BUT he got there at 1pm (before check-in time), AND he refused a 2nd floor room that was ready and OPTED to WAIT for a first floor room. You can't complain if your room isn't ready if you get there BEFORE check-in time AND refuse a room that's ready.

I would certainly take those reviews with a grain of salt. Some people just love to complain. Read between the lines and see if the complaint is valid. Another example from a different review.... He said that his wife only got 3 correct lemon drop martinis out of 30 ordered. I have bartended part-time for my mother, who is a banquet manager, for 15 years. I have a drink mixer app on my phone...I just looked it up and there are EIGHT different recipes for a lemon drop. I know that I have personally poured some that people say are different than what they are used to...I just ask them what is in the ones they usually drink, or go down my list and pick a different recipe for them to try. The booze is free, it's not like you're paying for them. If it's not the way you like it, speak up and tell them how to make it. Don't just sit around and complain on the internet.

Rant over. lol