Thread: fishing?

Hybrid View

Default fishing?

my fiance is into fishing...has anyone done any fishing trips or anything like that on or off resort? Can you fish off the beach there?

The tour desk has an optional deep sea fishing excursion...believe it costs $150 (US) per person.

...and I'd be curious to hear about the deep sea fishing excursion from someone who's "been there...done that". Sounds cool to hook onto a blue marlin and drag that rascal in...

Quote Originally Posted by vacationman View Post
    ...and I'd be curious to hear about the deep sea fishing excursion from someone who's "been there...done that". Sounds cool to hook onto a blue marlin and drag that rascal in...
    will be at CTI August 26h-sept 2nd and have one booked. Will post how it is

Don't want to brag but on11 July while at CSS my husband myself and a friend went out on Whaler One.
    We are not fishermen hubby just loves to go out on the sea.
    we hooked 4 Mai-Mai some of which the chef at cooked for us it was superb .
    BUT the star of the show was a 250lb Marlin aprox. the catch of a lifetime .

Very nice Patty. My brother and a friend went out with one of "local" boats while at CN. They did not catch anything but said they were well entertained for sure. They had one bite but lost it. We talked about renting a charter boat but had too much other stuff going on and just went out with one of the guys that float the line. They both stated that they would do it again in a heart beat just for the fun they had.

@Patty....OMG...That's awesome!! I HATE fishing, but my fiance loves it. I'm fine with paying $150 to just get some sun on the boat, I guess....especially if he catches THAT for dinner!

Default Awesome catch!!! You should be bragging!!!

What was the name of the fishing charter you took and what was the cost. My guys are really into fishing. Thanks.

Beachbaby310 from Patty
    We booked it privately it was $600 don't know if that was too much but considering what we caught well worth the money for the catch of a lifetime.
    Some people we met at CSS booked the same boat Whaler One through the tour desk but they went out after we had left so i have no idea how much they paid as 4 went out on it, but didn't catch anything I heard later.
    Don't know anything about sea fishing (neither does hubby) but the crew knew what they were doing and helped bring in the fish for my husband as he has weak shoulders and was having a bit of trouble. When we hooked the big one Captain Dave took control of everything it was so exciting there was no way he was going to let that one go.
    They came and collected us and brought us back.
    We hope to do the same thing next year but looking at the UK prices for Couples and Jamaica the only fishing we will be doing is off Southend Pier (English Joke)
    Hopefully they might go down in January