Default Just back from CTI.....

Well we got in earlier this evening from our trip to CTI....WOW what a fantastic vacation!!

Here is the low down....

Food: incredible!
    Bayside: awesome atmosphere....outside, litterally on top of the ocean to eat. You can watch the sun set, candles, very nice
    Eight Rivers: Very good as well. More ''fancy'' men NEED pants, women, capris, dresses, sandals are fine. I did see a couple men with pants and dress shirt with sandals and they were ok....but not 100% sure it`s always the case.
    The Verandah, also good...no reservations needed.
    The Patio: We only had breakfast and lunch there....never dinner.
    The Poolside Grill: Really good burgers, onion rings (YUM) calamari, fish sandwich, really good.
    The Veggie Bar: As others have said....sweet potato chips with dips (artichoke dip, hummus) and paninis, very good as well.

Activities:

Catmaran cruise: SUPER fun!!
    Snorkeling: Went twice, was very cool!
    Dunn's River Falls: A MUST!! Awesome!
    Hobbie Cat: fun!
    Waterskiing: did not do it, but looked fun.
    Horseback riding: Did not do it, done it before....

Room: Deluxe ocean room, absolutely gorgeous!! Wow what a view!!

Staff: You are treated like royalty....

The Gala night (Sat).....was ok, not much going on there.
    The Beach Party night (Mon) was really good. GREAT entertainement!!

Golf: my husband went and liked it a lot. Said it was a nice course.

Tips: You need to tip the Catamarn people...and the Dunn's River Falls people (the guides at the Falls) also the horseback riding....that is pretty much it (of course the drivers to and from the airport)

Well, a long day of travelling, so bed time for me

If you have any questions about CTI will be glad to answer

Sounds like you had a great trip and thanks for the great review! cant wait to go there next year!

Thanks for the review. We`re doing the single digit dance leaving on the 29th. We`ve been to CSA but this is out first trip to CTI.

Hi there! We are just counting down the days to CTI now.

I'm very curious about the bugs and humidity.

Our wedding is late August, 11am. Think we will roast?

We bought the door screen to protect from bugs, but will it be too humid to even leave the door open at night?

So glad you had a great time!

AWESOME!! Gald you had a wondeful trip!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

SunshineandFire, I found it more humid at night....11 am seems to be the PERFECT time! We had one morning with rain (only lasted about an hour) and was long gone by 11:00, then a few rain showers in the afternoon, never ever at 11:00, so perfect time! I don't think you will roast, we saw at least 3 weddings and they were gorgeous!!

It is funny you mention the bugs because I had read the same thing on here, but did not encounter 1 single bug! Some said they wore bug spray to go horse back riding, but at the resort....nothing at all! As far as leaving the door open, we did not, we like it cold to sleep and it was really hot in the room if you left it open. So that's a personal preferance I guess. We did use the balcany a lot, but did not leave the doors open for long periods of time.

It was fantastic, you will love it! Congrats on the wedding!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineandFire View Post

I'm very curious about the bugs and humidity. Bugs, none the first week of July, humidity, not all the bad because of the wind.

Our wedding is late August, 11am. Think we will roast? It will be on the warm side in the direct sun, I would not wear a heavy dress or heavy suit.

We bought the door screen to protect from bugs, but will it be too humid to even leave the door open at night? I would leave it at home and close your door at night. Your room and clothes will get damp and not feel fresh.

You will to, just be relaxed and do not expect anything completed fast, it is Jamaica. Jamaica does not run high speed like the Unites States. So put your wedding requests in on your first meeting and do not wait for last moment.
    IF you have any other questions, please ask.

Enjoy your Wedding and time at CTI!!!
    Irie Mon

Bugs are not much of a problem at CTI. The only mosquito I saw was near the spa--it's very tropical right there. We did see some ants on the balcony, but not in our room. At CTI, there is usually a very nice breeze coming off the ocean so outside you don't notice the humidity so much. We didn't leave our doors open all night, but I would open first thing in the morning. I loved the sound of the ocean and the resort "waking up".
    Vicky

Thanks for the review!..Down to 36 days now...Soon home come!!

ib2loud....hey we arrive the same day at CTI coming on the bus from Couples Negril for a short 3 day stop to check it out....see ya at the swim up bar! Our pic is posted on the meetup forum board or I think you would see it if you looked up our screen name. Do you have a pic out there?
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineandFire View Post

I'm very curious about the bugs and humidity.

Our wedding is late August, 11am. Think we will roast?

We bought the door screen to protect from bugs, but will it be too humid to even leave the door open at night?

What day is your wedding? Ours is August 29th at 4pm

We're doing it reverse....CTI first CSA soon to come....I would love to hear how they compare from you when you get back! Have an awesome trip....I miss CTI almost everyday! This message board and my pics from our trip are always a great way to make me smile no matter what!

Can't wait to arrive at CTI in November. Do you remember what days the local vendors were there? We've purchased some great sandals and beads from them in the past at the other Couples resorts so I'm hoping they will be at CTI.

Thanks,
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by nguc54t View Post
    Can't wait to arrive at CTI in November. Do you remember what days the local vendors were there? We've purchased some great sandals and beads from them in the past at the other Couples resorts so I'm hoping they will be at CTI.

Thanks,
    Karen
    There is one vendor there every day near the beach. They have several vendors on Beach Party night--Monday.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by slewis View Post
    What day is your wedding? Ours is August 29th at 4pm
    Your wedding date is my birthday lets hope that's lucky for you somehow! =)

I'll be there the same time... if our paths don't cross, have a bday drink for me and i'll have a congratulatory drink for you =)

Chelle