Default Airport to Couples Negril??

We are scheduled to land at 11:40am on a saturday and are wondering about how long it will take us to get thru customs, grab our luggage and the bus ride to Couples Negril? Thanks in Advance, Jim

Really hard to say. We arrived on a Saturday at 10:50 (early), and we were on the bus at 11:40. We were at CTI by shortly after 1:00 pm. Some things you can do to get through quicker is to make sure you have your immigration paperwork filled out completely and correctly and have passport and form ready when you get to the desk. We find that our luggage is usually waiting for us when we get to baggage claim. This last trip we were looking for it on the belt and it was not there or near it, but near another belt (happens to us everyone time, one of these days we might learn). We got through Customs very quickly but I forgot to sign my customs form. They had me sign quickly and we were headed to the Couples Lounge. There was a bus waiting and we barely had time to get a Red Stripe and Pepsi.
    Vicky

Saturday is probably the busiest day of the week at the airport, which is why we now begin our vacations on a Friday. Exactly how busy it will be will depend upon how many planes have landed near in time to your flight. No one can tell you how long you'll have to wait in line in Immigration b/c it varies; we've had experiences where we walked right up to an Immigration officer's station, and we've had experiences where we waited in line for 45 minutes. After you clear Immigration, you'll pick up your luggage if you checked any and then proceed to Customs, which is generally much quicker than Immigration.

After clearing Customs, you'll proceed to the Couples Lounge, check in at the desk, and grab a Red Stripe until a van is ready to transport you. We always fly on TimAir, but generally people wait no more than 30 minutes for a van.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

2 - 2.5 hours from the time you land. We usually get to Mobay around 10:30 - 11:00 and that is what it has been for us. We usually have gone on a weekday though so it may be a little more crowded on a Saturday.
    Also, if your shuttle stops on the way it will add about 15 - 20 minutes to the trip. The driver usually leaves it up to the group onboard to make that call.

If I remember right, that is about the same time we landed in MB. I think we were at the resort by about 2:30. Getting thru customs took the longest, just because of the lines of folks in front of you. Once we got to the Couples lounge, we had time for a bathroom break, two Redstripes ( I drink fast) and we were on our way. Our shuttle stopped about half way for another bathroom break and headed out. Its not a bad drive at all, just sit back, meet new friends, and check out the scenery. In fact, some of the friends we met in the lounge and on the shuttle....we (as a group) are planning our next trip in 2012.

Just depends on the lines in customs & immigration but normally after you land, you've got your bags & are through all that & in the Couples Lounge within an hour or so (weekends are busier than weekdays at the airport) ..... FYI - Make sure to fill out your immigration/customs card TOP & BOTTOM or they will make you fix it before they will let you get in line. ..... Once you are in the Couples Lounge, you will probably only have time to go to the restroom & grab a quick drink & they'll have you on the shuttle to the resort ..... Sometimes, they take you the minute you get there & other times you may have to wait 15 minutes. Depending on traffic & whether you want to stop for a potty/beer break, you should be at the resort within 1 & 1/2 hours .... Check in could take another 30 minutes or so depending on how many others are getting there at the same time .... Saturday is a busy arrival day .... but you will be given wet washclothes to freshen up with & sparkling wine while you check in. Your room may not be ready but you will be able to go get a late lunch & drinks or whatever while you wait. You are even welcome to change into your swimsuit & hit the pool if you like .... There's a nice restroom with space for this down off the pool area. Normally our room is ready by the time we eat & have a couple of drinks.
    Julie

Can anyone tell me if there is a changing room at the Couples lounge in the airport?

Thanks for all the responses. We were considering timair if the bus and customs took too long but thanks to your responses I think we will see the scenery from the bus!

For our December trip, we have booked an Air Jamaica flight that gets us the Montego Bay at 9:30 a.m. on a Thursday morning. We are splurging on the TimAir flight and hope to be at the pool bar at CN by 11: 00 a.m. Rather than day 1 being a bit of a wash due to travel, I will consider pool bar by 11:00 to be full day.

Fingers crossed, knocking on wood and anything else to have hassle free travels!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there is a changing room at the Couples lounge in the airport?

Just a bathroom, but people change there.

Jaydee, there is a bathroom in the Couples lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    There is a small restroom at the Couples lounge.

Jaydee - No changing room in the Couples Lounge really but you can change in the restroom there ... It's small but clean & people do change in there.
    Julie

@Bert what is the flight cost per person

This past June 29th we flew Air Jamaica #44 out of Philly...landed in MoBay 8:20 AM....took Tim Air to Negril...at CN lobby 9:25 AM......changed in bathrooms near Heliconia grill......grabbed some breakfast at Cassava......made 2 mimosas on the way out of breakfast......on the beach by 10:15.

Of course this was a Wed....we try never to arrrive on a Sat or leave on a Mon...

Departure day....we now take the bus as the improved roads make the return to Mo Bay airport 1 1/2 hours or less.
    Last trip only took 1 hour 10 min on a Sunday.

Hope this info helps...enjoy!!!!

Joey, my recollection is that in April we paid ~$450 for 2 people round trip. I think this December will be about $250 for both of us one way ($125 ea.). Yes, we are splurging a little bit...but we both agree that getting there A.S.A.P. makes it worthwhile. Plus, the view of the island from the air is quite nice.

We are taking the bus back this trip. We are in no rush to get to the airport and we do have a late afternoon flight. So we can still do a little beach or pool time that morning, have lunch and cocktails.

Oh how I wish I was in Negril right now!

We did the early morning Air Jamaica from Philly in June as well. We however took the bus to the resort and was at the resort approx. 11:30ish. We had a large group and some rooms were not ready, no big deal for us, so we went to one of the rooms, changed then hit up the grill for lunch and then went to the beach. Next trip will be Air Jamaica again for sure.