Default Day Pass Activites and Off site Ideas

Hello All!

I've been greatly enjoying reading messages as we countdown days to our first visit to Couples (Sans Souci) in October for our 5th Anniversary. A couple of quick questions - we have registered for Romance Rewards and do plan to do a visit to CTI. I'm wondering if you are allowed to stay at other site for dinner and if you are allowed to enjoy activities available at other site. Specifically, wondering about horseback riding and the daily catamaran cruises.

Also wondering, aside from Dunns River, if anyone would suggest any other MUST DO off site visits - and if so, if any of that should be arranged PRIOR to arrival to Jamaica, like through travel sites.

Last question, what kind of evening music or live entertainment will we find at CSS. I know it's more laid back, but if there are specific entertainers or events that are not to miss, that would be great, as well as any other words of wisdom from CSS veterans out there..............countdown smile every day!

Many thanks.....Marianne

Marianne,

We wish we didn't have to wait till April to head back to CSS. The "trading places" is for a set time each day, I believe about 9AM to 4 PM, though don't qoute me on those times. While there you can enjoy all the resort activities. This does not include the catamaran cruise or horseback riding as they are specific excursions for CTI.

If you want to do the horseback riding then you can set that excursion, and others, at the tour desk in the lobby area. We did a great ride, for not a lot of money, with an outfit called Hooves. It was a ride through a plantation down to the ocean and included running the horses through the surf. For sure something to do!!! Haven't tried it but friends who've been there say that the zip-line is a real blast!

There is entertainment most every evening at the Balloon Bar. Other events not to miss include:
    - The Beach Party, which I believe is Tuesday,
    - The repeater dinner, if you're a repeat Couples guest, which is on Thursday,
    - And the Gala, which is Friday.
    Couples has a list of CSS activities on their site at: http://couples.com/14cs/49-CSSActivities.htm. A recommendation is to do the orientation. It's offered twice a day. We did it the day we got there and it really helped us to know where things are, what's going on and how to get there.

Enjoy your stay!!!

Bart & Bug

The Trading Places program leaves your resort at 9:45 am and leaves the visited resort at 4:00 pm, so that means "no" to dinner, the Cat Cruise and horseback rinding. Sorry!

You can arrange all your off-site tours once you get to the resort. Just go to the Tour Desk on the day you arrive. There are so many to choose from, it really depends on what you want to do. We did the Bob Marley Nine Mile Zion Bus Tour, the Chukka Canopy Tour (Zip Line) and the Martha Brea Bamboo River Rafting last March from CSS and really enjoyed all of them.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Sorry, but per the FAQ's the activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege.

Trading Place runs from 9:45am to 4pm, so dinner is not included. If you stay after 4pm they have the option to charge you for a day pass. If you did stay you would have to pay for the taxi cab to return to CSS.
    Irie Mon

It's my understanding that the sign-up activities are not available for trading places and that the return shuttle is at 4:00.

Hey Randymon, I understand the reasons for this, but perhaps you could make it available for the higher/highest Romance Reward levels and limited to one or maybe two couples per day (and with the case of dinner, perhaps requiring them to make advance reservations at the desired restaurant and/or provide for their own return transportation or adding other restrictions so as to avoid abuse and/or otherwise detracting from the experiences of the guests at the non-resident resort. Just a thought.

With the day pass/trading places you will be on property from only 10 AM to 4PM, therefore you cannot stay for dinner.
    As far as activities you will not be able to take the Cat cruise because it goes out to late for you to be on the 4 PM bus.
    If you really want dinner and the other activities consider purchasing a full day pass which I believe is $150. per day per person. I am not sure if the $ amount is correct. Could someone be so kind and give the correct full day pass cost?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    If you really want dinner and the other activities consider purchasing a full day pass which I believe is $150. per day per person. I am not sure if the $ amount is correct. Could someone be so kind and give the correct full day pass cost?
    From the FAQ section of the Couples Main website:

Do you offer day passes for friends staying in the area?

Yes we do, however Couples Resorts limits the number of day passes sold. If you are planning to get married at the Resort please consult our Weddings & Honeymoons FAQ to learn more about it.

There are 4 types of passes.

Wedding Ceremony Only Pass – USD $50 per person
    Half Day Pass [10:00 am - 6:00 pm] – USD $100 per person
    Full Day Pass [10:00 am - 11:30 pm] – USD $200 per person
    Evening Pass [6: pm – 1:00am] – USD $100 per person
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=