Default Closure of Bogwalk Gorge

Following the closure of Bogwalk Gorge, does anybody know the total journey time by coach from Norman Manley Airport to Couples Tower Isle?

thought i'd read that this would be reopened August 4th? can anyone confirm?

if it is (still) closed (which can happen if a storm hits, doubt any work done will fix that )... the most common direct detour is sliggovile (sp?), which i believe results in about a half hourish delay... could be worse if you get behind a lot of big old trucks... on average probably about 2.5 hours

there's always a detour through junction, which takes a bit longer, but is a much more scenic route IMO... might take a bit over 2.5 hours going via junction (which is up through constant springs road, through castleton and out around Annotto bay and you back track along the coast...) very very beautiful drive but not the best route if you land during rush hour though since you're stuck fighting kingston traffic.... if you land on a weekend or off peak hours, it'd be my preferred route...

not sure if you will have a choice?

You may want to fly to MBJ and take the Couples Bus to CTI or Fly to CTI and have them pick you up.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    You may want to fly to MBJ and take the Couples Bus to CTI or Fly to CTI and have them pick you up.
    Unfortunately, Virgin Cruises, whom we have booked through, fly direct from London Gatwick to Norman Manley, Kingston and we don't have any choice