Hybrid View

Default Cake & Champange Reception?

How long does this usually last? Can there be a 1st dance at this time also? My husband and I are renewing our vows on the beach at CSA with 2 other couples as guests. I'm in the process of selecting music and trying to figure out how many songs I will have time for...

Swept Away Nov/Dec 08'
    Swept Away Jun 10'
    Swept Away Oct 11'
    Swept Away Jun 15'
    (Long time coming after vacationing in 8 other countries...it's time to return home)!

When I was married this past May, we went with one other couple also. There is time for a 1st dance if you want to do that. Just let the wedding coordinator know at your meeting. The reception can last for as long as you want it to really. They never make you feel rushed because they set up garden receptions all over the lush property for each wedding they have for the day. When our ceremony was over we on the beach, we took some pics of the table, flowers, etc. The wedding coordinator had a great selection of Jamaican love songs playing in the background, unless you have music you specifically want to hear, she can usually get them for you, I'd say about 5-6 songs for the whole thing. We cut the cake and did the toast immediately after. It all took about 20 minutes. Then they serve you the cake and refill your champagne. We stayed about an hour eating cake and chatting. We could have stayed longer, but it was so hot, I was ready to change and get back on the beach! Good luck to you!

Thank you Negril Bride! That's gives me a better overview... 8 weeks in counting and I'm starting to really get excited.

Swept Away Nov/Dec 08'
    Swept Away Jun 10'
    Swept Away Oct 11'
    Swept Away Jun 15'
    (Long time coming after vacationing in 8 other countries...it's time to return home)!

A good rule of thumb for the wedding and reception is you can basically do what you want. The resort is extremely accomodating and you can have anything you can plan. I got married in July at CSA. The cake and champagne reception is very elegantly done. The cake is so pretty and you have staff to cut it for you and refill champagne. Don't worry about anything, it will be perfect.