Default Thunderstorms everyday for the last 2 months?

We are scheduled for CN in 2 months....How is the weather in Negril? What can we expect best and worst case...Ive noticed the forcast calls for thunderstorms daily...recent pics plz? thanks...one love

October is still the rainy season in the Caribbean. The forecast will have at least a chance of thunderstorms every day. Usually the thunderstorms are brief, but there can be longer rains, especially if a hurricane or even tropical storm is somewhere in the Caribbean basin. We usually go to Negril in January/February, which is the dry season for Negril. Usually we don't get any rain at all, but this past year, it did rain several days, and was completely overcast for several afternoons.

We just got back from San Juan, Puerto Rico, and the forecast every day was for scattered thunderstorms. It did rain every single day (varying times, not just afternoon showers), but there was always lots of sunshine, too. You're going to the tropics. You should expect rain almost every day, although it probably won't rain the majority of the time.

Weather is discussed here a good bit. You can't change the weather, so just don't worry about it. I have been to CN twice. It will say there is a chance of a storm almost everyday in the tropics. Our first week we were there in September and it rained just about everyday for 45 minutes or so in the middle of the afternoon close to 3PM. It was a great time for a snack and a break from being outside. This year we were there in June and it rained alot from Sunday until Wednesday. We had a large group and most of us just stayed in the pool or ocean during the rain. Even when it was pouring. From Thursday until we left on Sunday it didn't rain a drop and was nothing but sun. Trust me, don't worry about the weather, the less worrying the better the trip. just go and relax and do what you feel.

Yep.. We got back from CN on July 19 and it rained everyday at 2pm until 2:45pm. You can almost set your watch to it.

Great time to have a snack or head back to the room to make a Skype call to home. Also you can stake your claim for a front row beack/pool chair! Then close out the day w/ Franklin at the pool bar and catch a beautiful sunset.

I predict the weather forecast will say thunderstorms everyday for the next 2 months too...

Jamaica isn't Seattle - people would not come if it really rained all day every day.

Amy

You cannot control weather as people have stated, I have gone to couples several times and have takien different people each time what I tell them is this and it has worked each time. Plan on it raining everyday, depending on time of year will determine how much. We go between may and july and it rains every afternoon which sounds awfull when planning a vacation especially when looking at weather sites for rain forcast and the site will tell you 60% chance everyday. Most rainstorms will last between 15mins- 2hrs. This is when you cozy up in the restraunt for an afternoon snack, take a nap, sit on your patio/balcony and read a book, sit at the pool bar and drink some drinks, as you can see it doesn't hamper your vacation. Some of our most memeorable times have been during a rain storm. As with anything it is what you make of it!!!!!

NO worries ..... The weather says pretty much the same thing every day 365 days a year .... It does rain most days .... but not always .... sometimes a few sprinkles - sometimes a downpour - sometimes a few minutes - sometimes a couple of hours .... usually after lunch in Negril, the clouds roll in ..... great time to hit the pool or beach bar or back to the room for a nap ..... In 9 trips at different times of the year, it's NEVER been a problem. You can't control the weather & in Jamaica, it's known as "liquid sunshine" ..... All is good & remember that a rainy day in Jamaica is better than a sunny day at home.
    Julie

One of my favorite memories from CTI was a few years ago when we had a rain that lasted all afternoon. We just sat in one of the big jacuzzis by the main pool with a bunch of new friends and tried every drink on the menu. One of the bartenders just kep walking over to the tub and asked what we wanted next and we went down the list. She would bring a whole tray full, one for each of us. If we didn't like it we would donate it to someone who did and get something else. We made some great friends that day and the liquid sunshine just made it more fun to sit in the jacuzzi. No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by VickiandNorm View Post
    One of my favorite memories from CTI was a few years ago when we had a rain that lasted all afternoon. We just sat in one of the big jacuzzis by the main pool with a bunch of new friends and tried every drink on the menu. One of the bartenders just kep walking over to the tub and asked what we wanted next and we went down the list. She would bring a whole tray full, one for each of us. If we didn't like it we would donate it to someone who did and get something else. We made some great friends that day and the liquid sunshine just made it more fun to sit in the jacuzzi. No worries!
    I love the way you think, VickiandNorm...what a great way to spend a rainy afternoon!

If you don't want any rain, why in the world go to Hawaii? The weatherman doesn't show up until after the 10:30 morning showers are over!

If you want to go to the tropics and not have to worry about rain, I've got one word for you... Aruba... look it up.

If you want a tropical paradise with beautiful gardens, lots of sunshine, and ample rain (this is how a tropical paradise happens, btw...), then Jamaica (or Hawaii) is where you want to go.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

UMMMM.....Aruba.....NOT...LOL We went to Aruba for a last minute get away in January 2000. It was cloudy, cool and RAINY!! I have pictures of me sitting on the beach all wrapped up in towels I was so COLD. We still had a wonderful time.

Any vacation is better then NO vacation ;-)