Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: CN vs CTI

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default CN vs CTI

    We were just at CN and we loved it, but there was NO nightlife! The bars never seemed to be open, and if we wanted an alcoholic beverage in the am we had to wait til 10 for the bars to open. Also about 10 at night the place just died! Some people would go to the Disco party but they were only there about an hour then that was cleared out as well! So we are thinking about maybe trying CTI next year. Any suggestions on people who have visited both? THanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    We haven't been to CN, just 32 times to CTI. At first I thought you were describing night life at CTI. In all the years that we have been going, the same scenero plays out. After entertainment, which is from 9-10, pretty much the only thing open is the piano bar. Maybe it's all the sun and fun during the day, or all the liquor that is consumed, but people just seem to disappear after 10 or so. It's exhausting playing all day. We like to get up early every day, around 6:00. An early swim before breakfast. As to the bars not opening before 10:00, that is true, I believe, for all four resorts. However, with the addition recently of the mini bar in every room, you can start as early as you would like. The fridge is restocked daily with whatever you have requested on the fridge list.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    The loaded question...lol.
    Our first trip to Couples was 2010. In 2011 we couldn't imagine not go back to CTI so we did a split with CN/CTI...we did CN first...and although everything was wonderful we couldn't wait to get back to the CTI. In my opinion the staff makes all the dif!!! Whereas yes the resorts offer so much fun during the day it is hard to stay going...BUT Katie in entertainment is one heck of a party motivator and she will dance with you sing with you and then ride the party bus with you to Margaritaville that leaves at 11. I vote CTI!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    It's true. People seem to poop out earlier because of all the sun booze and fun all day. You might want to check out Swept Away as there are more choices. It does also depend on who's staying at the resorts at the time. You could also take a cab and go clubbing if you're into that. Hopefully you will find the crowd and the right resort you desire. Good luck

  5. #5

    Default

    Even though the bars don't open until 10, I had no problem ordering a rum cream with my morning coffee. I would just ask at the buffet and someone would magically bring me a glass of the good stuff and I would add it to my coffee...so delicious.

    When we first starting visiting Couples we had a hard time staying up past dinner, let alone late enough to go clubbing. We'd rather get up at the crack of dawn and enjoy the daytime rather than staying up really late, I guess.

    Seems like the sun, drinks..and whatever else you enjoy, just can't seem to keep people up past the News.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    284

    Default No Nightlife....yea

    Quote Originally Posted by NDCRU View Post
    We were just at CN and we loved it, but there was NO nightlife! The bars never seemed to be open, and if we wanted an alcoholic beverage in the am we had to wait til 10 for the bars to open. Also about 10 at night the place just died! Some people would go to the Disco party but they were only there about an hour then that was cleared out as well! So we are thinking about maybe trying CTI next year. Any suggestions on people who have visited both? THanks
    I think it is the same at all Couples resorts....they don't attract the "party" crowd (thank God)....I guess that's what another hotel is for.....you can leave the resort and go to clubs if you want....they don't lock you in lol.....the atmosphere is one of the things that keeps us coming back to Couples.....we like laid back & quite at night....when I go home after my vacation there I feel relaxed and rejuvenated......I've been to other resorts where they try to force you to have "fun"....pool games, audience participation at the shows....drinking games etc......not my cup of tea.....I hope Couples never changes
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Hmm - CN when I am there in February, the Piano bar has gone on to midnight and beyond, and you could also go to the Beach bar and drink until the goats came home. Of course at midnight most nights, some nights at 11, I was in bed worn out from a day of sun, red stripes, food, sun red stripes, food, sun, sed tripes doof hiccup. 15 days and a bag drag till CN for the fourth time

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    It's true. People seem to poop out earlier because of all the sun booze and fun all day. You might want to check out Swept Away as there are more choices. It does also depend on who's staying at the resorts at the time. You could also take a cab and go clubbing if you're into that. Hopefully you will find the crowd and the right resort you desire. Good luck
    I agree with you about the night life being dead at CN. The entertainment seemed so much better at Swept Away, they had better bands playing and they played for longer. We also found the entertainment to be better at CSS.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    Hmm - CN when I am there in February, the Piano bar has gone on to midnight and beyond, and you could also go to the Beach bar and drink until the goats came home. Of course at midnight most nights, some nights at 11, I was in bed worn out from a day of sun, red stripes, food, sun red stripes, food, sun, sed tripes doof hiccup. 15 days and a bag drag till CN for the fourth time
    It sure seems that those of us who like to get up early, eat a nice breakfast, sit on the beach and start drinking in the sun prefer CN. The lastest we were up last year was 9 or 10. Sun, red stripe, more sun, more Red Stripe, a Bab Marley, a Miami Vice, a Red Stripe, a No Problems, and another Red Stripe seems to take alot out of people!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice&Kevin View Post
    It sure seems that those of us who like to get up early, eat a nice breakfast, sit on the beach and start drinking in the sun prefer CN. The lastest we were up last year was 9 or 10. Sun, red stripe, more sun, more Red Stripe, a Bab Marley, a Miami Vice, a Red Stripe, a No Problems, and another Red Stripe seems to take alot out of people!
    I think you had too many "Bap" Marleys...........LOL
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    511

    Default

    We like to go out sailing at CN. We often go past a resort on Bloody Bay that is east of CN. During the day you can hear the "boom boom boom" of the loud music and a DJ on a microphone trying to make things exciting. I am always quite thankful that I am not at that resort!

    ((((peace, quiet))))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •