Default CSS - Tues and Fri Buffets

At the Beach Party and Starlight Gala, PLEASE tell me that are there tables for two set up?

We don't mind sharing a table with other Couples at the Repeaters Dinner and socializing with others for that one evening, but we would like to be able to be one-on-one with each other for the rest of the evenings, and enjoy those buffet evenings together instead of worrying about having to sit and share a meal at a table with people we do not know.

We go on vacation to relax, have a break from our busy careers (especially from networking & making small talk professionally), and connect romantically with each other. We do not vacation to make new friends/acquaintances, and I find that constantly making small talk with strangers on vacation becomes exhausting.

One thing we liked about the New Years Gala at CN was they had tables for two, four, six and eight, so we could sit together just the two of us and didn't feel pressured to make small talk and chat with people. We enjoyed the NYE celebration together and got to unwind, after a very long day of traveling.

When we were there, beach party had large round tables, no tables for two. The Gala was held at Palazzinas so we were able to get a nice table for two, other wise it's held on the lawn with large round tables.

TravelBug, I feel the same way that you do. I commented on those nights in a recent review I wrote on TA, (reviewed Feb. 3). I did not see any tables for two however I did see people filling up their plates and going to sit at a quiet table at the Beach Grill, so perhaps they felt the same way. The room service option is great if you get your order in before 2pm.

Unfortunately I do not recall any small tables at either the Gala or Beach Party at CSS. Our first visit to CSS, we found a quiet table towards the outside at the Gala to take in the evening. We have also found couples that are like-minded looking for a quiet evening as well. There is also the option of room service to enjoy each others company in your private space. I hope you find the experience you are looking for.

You'll have plenty of opportunity to eat as a couple the other evenings.
    You'd be amazed at how interesting it is to meet folks from all over the world and learn what their professions are, where they've travelled, etc.
    We've met some of the neatest folks at CSS. Don't pass up that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by soglad View Post
    You'll have plenty of opportunity to eat as a couple the other evenings.
    You'd be amazed at how interesting it is to meet folks from all over the world and learn what their professions are, where they've travelled, etc.
    We've met some of the neatest folks at CSS. Don't pass up that opportunity.
    This may be true, but I see Travelbug's point. We're going to CSS too, and the last thing my boyfriend wants to do is socialize with strangers when he finally gets a week of vacation after working 2 years straight with 12-16 hour days. Personally, we're planning to order room service probably on the nights of the Beach Party and go to the Gala together. We're getting the oceanview one bedroom rooms, which look like they have nice sized patios with great views. So I don't think eating in will be too bad on those nights.

My husband and I look forward to those evenings to meet new people. We spend all day together and the other 5 or 6 nights eating alone. We met some nice couples at the beach party last year at CN and e-mail back and forth with them. We are hoping to meet up with them in 2013 at CN again. This year we have friends going with us to CSS so there won't be a lot of alone time at night. Each couple does their own thing during the day and we meet for dinner and the entertainment. We see more people at night together with others than we ever do a couple alone. When we meet nice people at night and then see them off and on around the resort during the day, it brightens our day. The room service at CSS is fabulous. If you don't feel like socializing on those nights, order a nice dinner and sit on your balcony. We usually do that one night and it is very romantic. You'll have a great time no matter what.

I also don't like sitting w/ strangers at those dinners. I hate the effort of making small talk like that, though my husband is fine w/ it. So, at my request, we fill our plates & then go sit by ourselves at the beach grill tables. If we need a drink, the beach bar is steps away from us. We have met very nice people at those dinners, but it's just not my "thing" (must be all those years of hearing "don't talk to strangers" from my parents !! )