Thread: Stressed!!!

Default Stressed!!!

Hello everyone I need some advice really bad. I have about 13 guest coming to my wedding April of 2010. THough the hotel policy states 50% of my guests must stay at CSA with me. Some of my friends are on a budget and lookng to stay elsewhere more affordable. I don't want to be pushy and tell them to stay with me at CSA. I was getting disgusted and looking to cancel my wedding. I don't know what to do! HELP !!

Sunshine

Hey... I'm sure the resort would work something out for you. However, you will have to pay for passes for your guests. At least, I would think they would work something out for you. I would think them making some money is better then them making no money and you guys having the wedding and everything on another resort. Make sure you look into all of your options before you decide on anything!

Quote Originally Posted by abayron01 View Post
    Hello everyone I need some advice really bad. I have about 13 guest coming to my wedding April of 2010. THough the hotel policy states 50% of my guests must stay at CSA with me. Some of my friends are on a budget and looking to stay elsewhere more affordable. I don't want to be pushy and tell them to stay with me at CSA. I was getting disgusted and looking to cancel my wedding. I don't know what to do! HELP !!

Sunshine
    Dani- hmm soudns like this is an important component when planning a destination wedding . Iniviting friends to " share" your day can be pretty pricey... so it is not uncommons for folks in 2009 to be a lil cautious about spending exceess $$$
    a few suggestions taken from a closes friend who just had a destiantion wedding
    1 ) they invited and paid for the hotel for each of the guest. the guest were responsbilbe for their air. This resolved any $$ issue friend may have
    2) get married at a different location and honeymoon at couples
    lots of places in negril to have your service your friend can stay at any resort that fits their budget ... there are so many places on long bay to meet up party that you can enjoy your solitude and your friends
    best of luck in your decision

If your friends can stay somewhere that is more affordable and still come to your wedding, that should be fine. You really want them to be able to share in your special day, right? The day passes range in price, from
    Wedding Ceremony Only Pass – USD $50
    Half Day Pass [10:00 am - 6:00 pm] – USD $100
    Full Day Pass [10:00 am - 11:30 pm] – USD $200
    Evening Pass [6:00 pm -1:00 am] – USD $100
    Even if they still have pay to come to your wedding, $100 isn't that bad, right? I know as a bride, I didn't have enough money to pay for even just the hotel for the rest of my guests, brides are on a budget, too. I looked at it as, my friends are still getting a vacation, even if they can't come to the same resort. Although, everything ended up working out, and all of my guests were able to stay at the same resort. I think you have to have a least 50% of your guests staying at the resort. Call and talk to the stateside wedding concierge, or send her an email. Debbie Hall [weddings@couples.com]

Good luck! I'm sure everything will work out... =)