Hybrid View

Default Need CSS wedding advice!

My fiance and I have our wedding day planned for April 13th at CSS for 2pm...but after reading some of the posts, I am wondering if we should reschedule for an earlier time? I want to make sure we have beautiful pictures...Does anyone have any pictures they can share with us that was married at CSS??

Another debate we are having is the green arch they provide "complimentary". I think its horrible, but can't imagine paying $300 for a nicer one to only use it for 30 minutes!!

Not sure what to do!!

HI! I was married at CSS at 10am April 15, 2009. As you I had first had a time later in the day, although once we arrived there I saw how hot it was and how the water looked at 10am instead. In the end, I was happy we switched. Our wedding was wonderful, as I have NO doubt yours will be too Here are pics from our wedding/trip. Any other questions feel free to ask! Good Luck!! -tasha
    http://s708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/tashakay_album/

Default Loved your pics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tashakay1 View Post
    HI! I was married at CSS at 10am April 15, 2009. As you I had first had a time later in the day, although once we arrived there I saw how hot it was and how the water looked at 10am instead. In the end, I was happy we switched. Our wedding was wonderful, as I have NO doubt yours will be too Here are pics from our wedding/trip. Any other questions feel free to ask! Good Luck!! -tasha
    http://s708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/tashakay_album/
    We're planning on going to Jamaica this winter and just loved your photos and thanks to you have decided on a 10am wedding too. I was just wondering if there was an extra charge for the flowers on the gazebo and how much your flowers were. (is the bouquet fresh or silk?) thanks much

We were married at CSS on 4th August at 11am, and it was beautiful! We wanted to have the whole day ahead of us as we had our photgrapher from 10-2ish for pics in wedding clothes before we went on the champagne cruise at 3 and then later in the day we had sunset and beach pictures. We chose the gazebo as it was just the 2 of us so we felt this was more intimate and we just loved it! They decorate it for free, and we thought it was lovely.

The weather for us was great all day, and the colour of the water was lovely. The following picture wasn't taken until around 1:30pm, so I think it just depends on how the weather holds out for you on the day

Here's a pic from sunset too, over on SSB.

We had a perfect day, I don't think you can have anything else at CSS! Some more pics on our slideshow www.staceyclarkephotgraphy.com/Martin_Kate

Hi Again! The flowers were no extra charge in the gazebo. They were fresh as my bouquet of flowers were too. When you meet with the coordinator she will have a book of examples of diffrent bouquets. I think mine cost like $30.00 more than then the "free" ones that come with the package. The coordinator was super helpful and really calms you down. As I said before feel free to let me know if you have any questions!! -tasha

Normally the water looks brighter more vibrant earlier in the day then later. Wind in CSS normally picks up as the day progresses

I got married at CSS at 4pm. We struggled with if we wanted to do it earlier or later too. It's kind of hit of miss. If it's cloudy, the water won't be so clear and there were mornings and afternoons that it was cloudy. All I cared about was that it didnt rain. For us the 4pm just worked better because we had 20 guests and it flowed better into our evening reception. Here are my pictures. It was a little overcast, but that actually made it a lot cooler. We wouldnt have changed anything, it was perfect!

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh..._NAME=comcast/

Thank you everyone!! We did decide to change our time from 2pm to 11am. Did anyone use the salon for hair/makeup?

I getting married in October and I agree on the green arch...still new in the planning but like you, I am open for information and suggestions!
    Kathie--CSS wedding date October 27,2009

I used the salon for my hair (I did makeup myself as I know how I like it)
    Judith did a great job taking a lot of time over making sure it was how I wanted it as well as putting in my veil and hair flowers. It took about an hour and a half - but I have a lot of hair!

I was married at CSS August 10, 2009 and it was the most amazing experience ever! We had a 11am ceremony and the day was beautiful. I did use the salon for my hair and makeup and Tessa did an amazing job. Still going through pics...I will post some very soon. I am more than happy to answer any questions or concerns anyone might have. I know I was a nervous wreck about the wedding, but I would not change one thing that day (the whole trip actually)- it was perfect! Feel free to email me at dhickerson0810@hotmail.com. Good luck to everyone!

debbie

Quote Originally Posted by robandkara View Post
    Another debate we are having is the green arch they provide "complimentary". I think its horrible, but can't imagine paying $300 for a nicer one to only use it for 30 minutes!!

Not sure what to do!!
    I thought EXACTLY the same thing. Here's some ideas:

Michaes Crafts (and lots of other craft stores) have small arches you can purchase for between $30 - 40) http://www.michaels.com/art/online/d...ductNum=wd0006

I looked at this in the store and the box it comes in is smaller than a laptop case and doesn't weigh very much. This would be extremely easy to carry on the plane. It would take a small amount of assembly but not much. You could just bring your own tulle and wrap it there. If you wanted to use the lights they might have a power source but I wouldn't count on it. I'm sure you could just unstring the strand.

I've done a DIY project for my decoration. We purchased 6 thick (but hollow) bamboo poles, cut them into 2 foot lengths and used pvc pipe inside of them to connect them back together. I purchased some tulle in my wedding colors and we're going to just tie that all together, maybe purchase a couple bridesmaids bouquets to adorn them with. The whole project will fit easily into a carryon sized suitcase and cost less than $50.

Good luck!