Default Au Natural at Couples Negril?

Sorry if this is a dumb question - but I am looking at booking my hubby and I for a visit in January and would love to experience the Au Natural - but the budget doesn't allow for us to go to Sans Souci as we originally wanted to go But Negril looks wonderful too!! Would love to spend the visit swimming nude in the ocean - what a dream for me

Both are nice depending on what your looking for. SSB is private and better I think for first timers. Negril you have public walking beach traffic and have to cross it to get to the ocean. Not a big deal but it's nice not to have to worry about it at SSB. Plus SSB has a private pool, jucuzzi, swim up bar, and buffet every day. A little more money to stay at sans souci but so worth it!! Go for it trust me it will be the right move! We were in the same position last year and I knew for our first time SSB was the place to be. Experience was amazing!! Maybe see you there!

CTI also has the A/N island and it also has a private pool with buffet and is more private than SN.
    Vicky

Negril will most likely have better weather that time of year. We go every February and the weather is great - but reports from the "other side" often are rain. CN was our first experience AN and it was great - we love the easy walk into the most pristine sandy beach warm bluewater. Very quickly you adapt to the minimal foot traffic on the main beach. You will not be disappointed.

Are you sure that Negril is cheaper than CSS. When I looked into it, it was the other way around. And checking the rates chart CN is about $5/night more for the cheapest rooms than at CSS. But, it may be the room category you are choosing. Check it out again, you may be surprised.
    Linda

We love the AN area at CN. The is beach is very deep and has both shaded and sunny areas. There is nothing better than floating in warm & calm Bloody Bay.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

While I do not disagree with Robleslie about the fine amenities at the nude beach at sans souci, if you are really looking forward to spending lots of time swimming nude in the ocean, couples negril has a much nicer beach to swim in. The nude beach at sans souci is right at the point where a river washes into the ocean, producing a more rocky bottom with colder water. The nude beach at negril is in a bay which produces a much calmer and warmer water with a soft sandy bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by JenRN View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question - but I am looking at booking my hubby and I for a visit in January and would love to experience the Au Natural - but the budget doesn't allow for us to go to Sans Souci as we originally wanted to go But Negril looks wonderful too!! Would love to spend the visit swimming nude in the ocean - what a dream for me
    CN is usually more expensive... but we think it's because it's better! We are booking mid February '12, and love the ocean au natural! We'll see you there!

While it is true that you may have to walk across "Beach Traffic" to get into Bloody Bay from CN's nude beach there is fairly minimal traffic most of the time. It's not like there is a stream of foot traffic past there. People do walk by but it's easy to hold time your foray into the water when no one is right there.

I agree that the nude area a CSS is more private, but the ocean is not nearly as nice there and not as warm most of the time either (far from cold though) both probably because of the colder river water emptying into the ocean not too far away.

Default Hello JenRN

Quote Originally Posted by JenRN View Post
    Irie Mon. My wife and I have been to Sans Souci and Couples Negril and there is no comparison if you like the Beach. If you want to swim nekkid in the ocean on a nice beach, you can`t beat CN. We had our first A.N. experience there and we both loved it. Did I mention that CN has the nicest beach. My wife is usually a little shy about nudity(understatement) but was not put off at all by the small amount of traffic on the beach. We have gone back home to CN two years in a row. Friends of ours are getting married at the B resort down the road the week of Jan 1st 2012 and we are going to their wedding and then back home to CN again. We just can not go all that way to Jamaica, just down the road from CN and not stay for a while. We will be at CN Jan. 8 2012 for five days. Hope that`s enough time to get rid of our tan lines from the B place. Maybe we will meet up.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Default Couples Negril A/N Section

Here is a photo from the A/N section at Couples Negril. Is there any better place on earth?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Looks like that picture was taken from right next to the 'No Photography' sign. lol

Just kiddin'... I realize the pic was taken when no one was on the beach.

My wife and I did CN and AN for the first time last year. We fell in love with CN and are going back in December (2-7). The foot traffic in front of the beach was very minimal and we found we quickly ignored it. It is an absolutely beautiful beach and the water was perfect. 3.5 months and counting...

The ability to float in the warm ocean has us back at CN for our 7th Couples trip.We tried CSS 2 years ago, loved it but want to float in the ocean this time. Oh how I wish they could combine SSB and the AN beach at CN - that would truly be heaven on earth. See ya'll Dec 3-10th. I'll be the one with the wicked
    tan lines :-(
    ... it keepsh me shane

The best way to combine CN and CSS is to split a trip between the two!! That is, if you have the time (and cash) to do it. We're starting at CSS for 4 nights and then going to CN for 4 more nights!

Yeah, I know we're wasting time being shuttled between the two resorts, but from what I've read, they will leave as early as you want to get to the other resort. Couples will shuttle you there.

Can't wait - November can't come soon enough!!

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Here is a photo from the A/N section at Couples Negril. Is there any better place on earth?
    Not that we have found anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    Looks like that picture was taken from right next to the 'No Photography' sign. lol

Just kiddin'... I realize the pic was taken when no one was on the beach.
    No...I have a camera that filters out any naked people......
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Default Feet in the sand....

That's a nice pic of CN AN beach area. I can feel my feet in the sand.

Irie,
    TonyS