Hybrid View

Default dress code questions!

We're going to CTI for our honeymoon, this month and are so EXCITED!!! Just have a few questions...what is resort chic for the restaurants? Are shorts allowed for guys, kakhi shorts? And are flip flops allowed? For elegant dinners for guys pants, and sneakers, or dress shoes? Thank you for your help!!
    Last edited by jennylynn984; August 9th, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Think tropical shirts and shorts. Not basketball shorts, board shorts and tee shirts. Golf/polo shirts will work also with the shorts. Flip flops--not the Old Navy rubber kind, nice dressier sandals okay except 8 Rivers. 8 Rivers your guy will need long pants and a nice shirt. My hubby wears dockers and a polo, but other guys wear nice linen pants and tropic print, linen or rayon shirts. He must wear closed toed shoes, but they don't need to be "dress shoes". Boat shoes, Topsiders, will work. My hubby picked up a pair of dock shoes/boat shoes at Kohls for just over $20. He wore out the pair I got on clearance at Shoe Carnival for $15. You will find most couples "dress up" if you will. I think a good rule of thumb for dinner is if you would wear it on the beach, then you probably shouldn't wear it to dinner.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    ... I think a good rule of thumb for dinner is if you would wear it on the beach, then you probably shouldn't wear it to dinner.
    Vickyj - that is the perfect answer (IMO). It seems the easiest way to sum it up. I enjoy dressing up a bit for dinner, even if it's just a sundress and sandals, that little extra effort makes the trip feel special and less like everyday life.

Quote Originally Posted by webejammin View Post
    Vickyj - that is the perfect answer (IMO). It seems the easiest way to sum it up. I enjoy dressing up a bit for dinner, even if it's just a sundress and sandals, that little extra effort makes the trip feel special and less like everyday life.
    Thanks!
    Vicky

On the resort dressed up is not suit and tie! The ones that look the best is a nice sun dress for the ladies, and khaki or linen pants with either a polo or short sleeve button down shoes for guys Sperry topsiders. Leave the flip flops and shorts at the room. These are of course recommendations for the nicer restaurants. IMO you are in your beach wear from breakfast on... its nice to change it up in the evening.

I totally agree with Vicky. My husband usually brings some linen drawstring pants and some tropical button down short sleeve shirts. He wears fisherman type sandals or loafers. If you google Cubavera, you will find a nice selection of their line. The clothes are made so well. He will usually get 2 wears out of an outfit as he's not in it too long. The plus is the outfits are very comfortable. I always wear dresses...usually maxi dresses. Comfort in my opinion is key, and it's nice to dress up in clothes we don't normally wear at home. I also bring some strappy heels to dress up the dress and perhaps will throw on sandals or flip flops another day to wear the dress again. Accessories can do wonders, so don't forget the jewelry to suit your mood. hope this helps.

Thank you all for your help!! You explained it perfectly! FOUR more days and we will be there! Packing almost done =)

Whatever guy wears, make sure its not jean shorts. They'll have a field day on the message boards!