Default Favorite Couples Resort and Why

Hi there,

My wife and I have decided to head to Jamaica for our first anniversary and we LOVE the looks of all the couples resorts, but we need some help picking which on is right for us.

Couples Resort Veterans, we need your help. Please tell us which resort is your favorite and why to help us make our choice.

Thanks!!!!

We have stayed at CSA (3 times), CN (once) and CSS (once) and had a fantastic vacation at all three and I sincerely believe that you can't go wrong with any Couples resort. However, CSA is our favorite (we are returning for our 4th visit in October). The basics are the same at each Couples Resort: beautiful scenery, comfortable rooms, AMAZING staff, exceptional inclusions, great food and drink, etc. What makes CSA our favorite is purely personal preference. I love the simplicity of the decor, the long beach that literally goes on for miles, and the athletic complex across the street. I love the also sunsets in Negril. I love that the resort is large and spread out so that even at full capacity, it never seems crowded. I love that the resort feels modern and rustic at the same time. I love that the bartender who so thoroughly entertained us at the sports bar on our honeymoon in 2003 is now a manager and joins us at the Repeaters' Dinner. There are so many little things about CSA that we love and that keep bringing us back, but others will feel the same way about their favorites. Keep reading the MB and look at as many pictures and videos as you can find (check YouTube). One will "speak" to you...and that is where you should go!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

We've stay at CN 4 times, CTI twice, we'll be at CSS for the 2nd time next month and we're booked for CTI & CN next year.

We prefer A/N so that's why we haven't stayed at CSA.

We don't really have a favorite, but this is what we like about each....

CTI/CSS - We like the privacy of the beaches. The people you see on the beach are the people staying at that particular resort. No vendors, no other "beach walkers".

LOVE the island at CTI. We've met so many nice people there.

For us, CSS is the most romantic & beautiful. Lots of places to walk and just enjoy the beauty of the resort.

We enjoy the spa areas at CTI & CSS better.

CSS, and now CTI, have all day room service.

At CN, Bloody Bay is SO beautiful & calm. The beach is great for walking. And if you enjoy walking the beach, it's worth a day to go over to CSA and walk that side of 7 Mile beach. Lots of vendors (and yes, someone will try to sell you drugs, but "no thanks, mon" will take care of that). Fun to make stops along the way for a cold beer, people watch and BS with others.

CN has a great pool and fun to hang out at in the late afternoon. Very social.

We think they're all equal in food, service and entertainment.....all GREAT!!

My suggestion to you is decide those things that are most important to YOU. What WE like may not be to YOUR liking
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 14
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

For us, it's between CSS and CN. Beach is better at CN and it's smaller, more intimate. CSS has the best grounds and ambiance for romance for sure. It is very spread out however, and if you elect to stay in a room on the clifts, many stairs to climb. The resort does offer transportation for those who request, but really, after a few days, you get used to the stairs and on our last visit, we actually lost a few pounds, and I'm sure that's why because we ate a LOT of their wonderful food. CN is easier to maneuver in, the beach is great, water always calm, and food is wonderful. ALL the Couples resorts are great, each one is unique. Keep reading the message board and reviews, and you'll be able to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by bshark View Post
    Hi there,

My wife and I have decided to head to Jamaica for our first anniversary and we LOVE the looks of all the couples resorts, but we need some help picking which on is right for us.

Couples Resort Veterans, we need your help. Please tell us which resort is your favorite and why to help us make our choice.

Thanks!!!!
    Beach is important to us. We also didn't want a lot of wave sound - nice for a day but didn't want the "noise" of sea for a week. Before heading back to our room after "beaching", we like to take a dip in a pool, so that had to be convenient. We prefer smaller crowds and a laid-back atmosphere. It's vacation time and didn't want to be bothered with having to join in with activities. CN is all that and more! Ample sized beach with plenty of chairs - wonderful pool - great service from ALL employees - plenty of activities to join if the mood struck us (we were never forced or felt like we needed to join in). Food is fabulous and always available somewhere! Bloody Bay is quiet with several resorts on it with tourists walking the shoreline but never "crowded". We'll be going back for our 3rd time in April ... it's true - once you go, you know.

bshark.. we have only been been to CTI (before the remodel) and CSA. CTI was our first trip and we had an amazing time. The next time we went to CSA and decided it was perfect for us and that has been our resort. The big reason why WE like CSA is because it does not feel like a big hotel style resort where you are just a room number. We didnt really feel like that at CTI either, but it kind of took it to the next level for us because of the bungalow feel/style of the rooms (we have only stayed in the beachfront suites and the atriums). It not just a feeling of being on an amazing resort but we just get more of that laid back tropical island feel than anywhere we have been. Oc sourse the beach is amazing. The beach at CSA just seems to go on forever so your not just secluded to a small beach area, which some people like though. The last big reason CSA is our favorite is with the large 7 mile beach we feel we can walk up the beach to feel and see the culture without having to leave the front gate and take a cab or shuttle somewhere. We actually made a local friend just by walking the beach who made me an AMAZING bracelet last year. We cant wait to see him again in October. Other than those differences we feel the other resorts are probably very similar as far as amazing food, menu's and staff. After reading everyones choices just choose the one that speaks to you. No matter what... you will love Couples Resort and Jamaica!

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

My husband and I have been to CTI(before the remodel), CSA , CSS, and have done 2 day passes to CN, and CSA is by far our favorite.

The reasons CSA is perfect for us:

beach~love everything about it, the long length,and the way its not too deep so can be not far from the water and also have palm trees right behind you

layout~ love the way its spead out with the windy palm tree lined paths, especially at night.

location~ like yookster said, a big plus for us is being able to easily walk off resort and experience the rest of Negril. It's also really nice to be able to do an early morining beach walk and see the rest of 7 mile beach getting "opened up" . Really beautiful time of day. Also like that the "cliffs" are just a 5 minute cab ride away

room~ love our Atrium Suite. nothing compares

food~ many great options for all meals. Seagrapes and Lemongrass are our favorites.

sports complex~ for those times when we feel like doing something other than floating...

And...~ the feeling of total relaxation I get the minute I arrive at the lobby.

All the Couples resorts are great and I'd happily spend time at any of them but the above are just some of the reasons Swept Away is perfect FOR US. Read everyones responses and decide which feels perfect for you.

I suppose the easy answer is the one we are headed to next! Actually, CN was our first and remains our favorite. There is just a special feel to it that makes it home for us. We also love CSS which is a close second but we prefer the beach and weather in Negril. We have stayed at CSA and CTI which are also great. We are 21 days away from a CSS/CN split and we will get back to CSA next year. You can't go wrong with any of the resorts but maybe one will call to you a little more that the others.

Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    The reasons CSA is perfect for us:

beach~love everything about it, the long length,and the way its not too deep so can be not far from the water and also have palm trees right behind you

layout~ love the way its spead out with the windy palm tree lined paths, especially at night.

location~ like yookster said, a big plus for us is being able to easily walk off resort and experience the rest of Negril. It's also really nice to be able to do an early morining beach walk and see the rest of 7 mile beach getting "opened up" . Really beautiful time of day. Also like that the "cliffs" are just a 5 minute cab ride away

room~ love our Atrium Suite. nothing compares

food~ many great options for all meals. Seagrapes and Lemongrass are our favorites.

sports complex~ for those times when we feel like doing something other than floating...

And...~ the feeling of total relaxation I get the minute I arrive at the lobby.
    We have stayed at CN once and I stayed at CSS years ago. Tomorrow we head to CSA for stay #7 so I guess that says it all. My reasons are very similar to those stated above but I have enjoyed CSA since before it was Couples and was there for the first time in 1988. It has changed but still retains much of what makes it special.

Whenever I have stayed elsewhere on the beach in Negril (we love the cliffs so that is different as we choose differently) and we pass by CSA I always stare at it with longing and wish I was there instead. I missed it when I was not part of a couple and cannot wait to arrive tomorrow.

I think sometimes it's the first one that is your home. CSA was our first and we did go to CSS and it was lovely. No complaints but we are beach lovers and are not au naturals so really Negril is for us. Have not been to Couples Negril but did do trading places and perhaps that's not a fair observation but I don't think I would trade CSA. You need to look at what all offer and think what suits you best. Whatever your choice Couples has 4 awesome resorts to choose from and you will not be disappointed in whatever you choose from.

I cannot speak on locations other than CN. We found it to be perfect. Food, service, beach (incredible), water, room, all things else....Great! I am not a real "social butterfly", but found the setting to be very relaxed and actually made new friends (which we plan on visiting again together in 2012). The mood and tempo is very relaxed. There is not a big party scene, even at night. We did get a little rowdy one night at the piano bar, but it seemed like everybody pooped out at the same time and called it a quits. While at home, I enjoy sitting on the back porch and having drinks with a few friends. I found the setting to be very similiar at CN. It is very laid back and comfortable. There is always plenty of things to do, or you can do absolutely nothing. The nothing part is what I enjoyed the most. Lay in a beach chair until you want to get wet. Get wet, repeat.
    Best of luck on your search, Im sure you cant wrong with any that you choose.