Default Best Way To Send Something To Jamaica?

DHL, FedEx, USPS
    Also, anyone know the most cost efficient way?
    ty!

I use USPS as long as it is a light item. For something significant, I would choose DHL.

I had to send some very important documentation to a friend in Jamaica back in 2003. Sent it in a FexEx envelope (the cardboard type envelope). Cost me out the nose...like $40! (OUCH)

Haven't sent anything to Jamaica using DHL, so can't comment on that.

I have sent packages through USPS though...takes a month of Sundays to get there, but will typically make the trip OK. Can't remember what that one cost me though...but since I don't remember, it couldn't have been "that" expensive.

If you know the dimensions / weight of the item(s) you want to ship, you might visit each online and see if they have some type of cost estimation.

I don't know which would be least expensive, but if you are sending it to the resort, they will not accept it. If you are sending it to an individual, remember they will have to pay duty tax when it comes into Jamaica. The best option is to bring the item with you next time you go to Jamaica and give it to the individual then.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I've sent documents by FedEx to Jamaica - mind you it was only of 3 pages and using my company's discounted rate, it was still $80!! You could probably use airmail, but I have a feeling it might take a really long time to arrive. I guess it depends on what you're sending and how timely you need it there!

ty for the replies.
    I'm finding priority is 13 bucks as long as it is under 4 lbs.
    USPS is 30 to 40 bucks! oy.....grrrrr
    The item is clothes.
    I will make sure the cost is low so no duty.

I am a postal employee and I use Priority flat rate products. We are consistently cheaper than anyone else. It's a no-brainer.

ty softail19!
    I was thinking that was the wtg

I used to haul mail to the FedEx facility and the airport out here in Minnesota as the usps rents space on their planes and commercial planes also. The reason things take so long to ship to and from Jamaica is they get caught up in customs.

Coloradajuli,
    Any idea what the duty tax is on a package valued at $100? Do Jamaica residents have to pay duty tax on all packages no matter the value of the package? I don't really understand all of this. My $100 package cost me more than 40 bucks to ship USPS...then took about 10 days to get there. Then, the person I sent it to couldn't afford the duty tax to pick it up. I think you're right. Might be best just to carry gifts next time we go.

I sent it yesterday Priority. I told the lady at the PO that seemed the best way to go. She said, yeah, good deal. It cost 13 bucks as long as the pkg was not over 4 lbs. I put 10 bucks on the value and put gift. I think, from my experience anyway, that is the key really. Then I told the lady at the PO, oh, you guys aren't that bad...everyone behind me in line started laughing! haha