Default Jamaican Restaurant in Rochester, NY?

Hello All!

Bringing my son to U of Rochester in a week and a half. Thought maybe there'd be a good Jamaican restaurant since it's a decent sized city. (We have nothing authentic near Appleton, WI.) Maybe if I could have some delicious food to remind me of home - it will ease the pain of leaving my "baby" so far away? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Megan

Google...

Reggae Jam Restaurant & Bakery on Jefferson Avenue.......not a great neighborhood, but great authentic food. Rochester just had their CariFest (all things Caribbean) and their food was outstanding. Leaving your "baby" is tough, I did it last year. Rochester is a pretty cool city...and U of R is a fantastic school.....hope this helps :-)

Thanks, nanmac! That's just what I needed. The inside scoop is usually more helpful than just searching...

We'll check it out assuming that we have time.

Thanks again,
    Megan

Jefferson Ave is actually not very far from the U of R campus (no more than a couple of miles), but like I said, it is not a great neighborhood, so I would suggest going during the day :-) Just do not confuse it with Jefferson Road if you use a GPS!

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me at nmcdermott@unityhealth.org