Default Ray bell the t shirt guy

to all of the friends and past customers of ray bell the t shirt guy at swept away, he asked if anyone is coming down soon if any one could bring along some yellow paint, he is in short supply, the paint can be purchased at wal ---- or any paint supply place, the brand we always purchase is apple barrel , it is a washable acylic paint, any extra paint would be nice, we always put the paint in a double zip lock bag and put it in our checked luggage, have a merry christmas wayne

he is a great artist. i hope someone can help him out. we don't return until next April.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Where can he be located at if we are able to bring some?

Wayne we are planning on bringing him some paint but we will not arrive at CSA until 2/10. (Yahoo!!)
    Is he in need of any other colors?? Thanks again by the way for sending me the t-shirt several months ago!!!

I'm on it!!

Ya mon ray is right next to water sports on the beach, and yes please bring him paint, yellow, blue, black, white or whatever, you know thnx's for whatever you can share, one love

Ne2Jam, Ray has a small table he uses to paint on and, if there, you will see his shirts hanging near the Seagrapes resturant right next to the walkway.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Don't know Ray, never been to Swept Away. We are leaving next day for CN and thinking of doing the trading places thing after going to CN 6 times and having never tried it. Had to go to three stores where yellow was sold out before we found some. Thought this request would be easy. Either we will bring it to him or if we decide once again not to trade places, we will find someone who is and have them bring it. Have a big 16oz bottle that should keep him stocked for a little while. Also smaller ones of red, black & green - all the Jamaican colors. Merry Christmas to all.... John & Helene

Default Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Sue and Randy View Post
    Ne2Jam, Ray has a small table he uses to paint on and, if there, you will see his shirts hanging near the Seagrapes resturant right next to the walkway.

Randy
    On what days is he there?
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

FYI future visitors, the wife and I picked up some paint last night to give to Ray. We grabbed a couple containers of yellow, a white, blue, and black. We will be there on the 30th.

ya mon ray is never there on wednesdays but most other days he shows up around 10 until 2;30 0r when it would start raining, let me have your e mail waynef

We did the trading places only to find Ray isn't there on wednesdays, the only free day we had. Left the paint with Davian at watersports and hope he received his anonymous gift from us. Perhaps someone at SA could post here & let us know he got it as another vendor was trying to snag it from us.

ya mon john from nj, i am sure ray got the paint but i will call him to make sure, any particular shirt you wanted for ray bell, i could see what i could do for you

I can bring some down in Feb. If he has a good supply will he still be able to use some? What I mean is will they lkeep until needed. Also can you bring your own white tee for him to paint? He has done a few for us to take home but I have 2 little grandsons and last year he didn't have small enough tees.

ya mon brennie, ray can always use paint, he thnx you for whatever you can bring, make sure you double zip lock the paint and put it in you checked luggage, yes you can bring tee.s down for the children, make sure they are of good quality so that the paint doesnt bleed thru, you can also give him extra shirts if they come in a 4 or 6 pack, let me know how things turn out, one love

Thanks waynef. I'll start to gather some up for the end of Feb.

Waynef, were you able to comfirm Ray received the paint? It was 4 smaller bottles in a box with his name on it and a seperate large bottle of yellow. Thanks.

ya mon john i called ray bell saturday and he said a real big thnx for the paint, he said if he knew what kinda of shirt you wanted he could make one up for you, i told him i could bring it back and mail it to you, he really appreciates you bringing the paint, it helped him out of a jam, a big up !

Thank you for the follow up call and getting back to me. I've never met Ray and really don't know anything about his art other than the people talking about his work on this board. Glad to help him out.

when i go down in march i could at least bring you one of his painting which are really cool as well, that could hold you over till you get to swept away next time, just need your e mail to make the arrangements

Default Ray & paint

Hi Wayne, just returned from 12 days at SA. I brought Ray 6 bottles of paint for which he was very grateful. He made me up a special tee that was admired by lots of other guests. So glad to have been able to help. If you are talking to him, tell him that my son loved his "BUZZ, 777" shirt.
    Respect.... Mai

ya mon mai i big up for helping ray, he is so talented, i will be talking to him over the weekend, maybe you can try and post a picture of the shirt ? wayne

So I have acquired some paint for ray. Being in Canada the choice isn't as great but it's something. Also have picked up some adult shirts and toddler as in 2-4 size. Hope this helps. wanted to pick up some brushes but as I have no artistic bone in my body not sure what to get. Just acrylic brushes? 2 weeks til we're home. yay