Default What? Our beloved resort or favorite room category is sold out? Maybe not...

Greetings to all:

A multi-time repeat guest posted her disappointment that we are already sold out at at CSS over the xmas/new year holiday.

Tour operators report their bookings on a daily basis (mostly) and I am the one who monitors availability at all our resorts. Every week - sometimes multiple times each week - I issue what is called a "closeout" report which advises everyone whether or not we still have availability. On that report, I advise whether or not a specific category is closed (C) or on request (OR)

In the latter case, I may place rooms (OR) to ensure that we do not oversell. (OR) means that we may still have a few rooms open. Generally, though, the tour operators simply closeout out the category altogether. They just do not have the human resources to scour all resorts for availability, particularly since their systems are all automated.

Soo, while you may call your travel agent or tour operator - or even look on Couples' own booking engine - and be told that there is no availability, I would encourage you to contact (or have your travel agent do so) our reservations department 1-800-268 7537 OR from UK/Europe -
    UK SALES OFFICE
    Tel: +44 1582 794 420
    Fax:+44 1582 792 112
    sales@couplesresorts.co.uk

We'll tell you right away whether or not there are a few rooms available.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; August 17th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.

Couples Resorts

Great to know ..... Thanks for the heads up.
    Julie

Hi Randymon,
    Thanks for the info! It's nice to know that there may be a chance to get a room even if all the travel sites say CSS is booked. I'm not sure if you were referring to my post, but in case you were, we were fortunate and booked our trip for the week between Christmas and New Year's verrrry early and we are all set!

You're the best!
    suzyQ

Thanks so much for looking after this for us Randy, we are so happy to have been able to get a room at CSS that week!
    (Karen&Paul)

Hi Karen,
    I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you and your husband at CSS the week between Christmas and New Year's!

suzyQ

Hi SuzyQ, thanks, it would be great to meet you as well, we posted a picture on the meet-up thread so please look for us. I wonder what CSS will do this year, be pretty hard to top the Friday night gala last New Year's eve since it was on a Friday night. They should move the gala this year to Saturday night!
    (Karen&Paul)

Is this something new? A while ago I was trying to book an Atrium at CSA but it was sold out on this site. I was also comparing prices on other sites to see if I could get a better deal by buying my flights at the same time. I noticed that the other travel sites still showed it as being available. I called you guys to see what was going on and they said it was indeed sold out. We booked a BFS instead. I checked back a few times to see if those sites were still selling Atriums and one had it available for days after I called. I guess they weren't updating very often which seems like a real headache for you guys because that probably did lead to an overbooking situation. This probably happens (happened) fairly often so that's why I was wondering if what you are talking about is something new to prevent overbookings in this situation or if those sites are just really bad at updating.

No Melody,

This is not new for us. Yes, some operators do not close out fast enough. :-(

Couples Resorts

Thanks Randy! Save us a great room for our weddingmoon at CTI 12/27/11-1/2/12!

Default No luck. Very disappointed.

We have tried calling to see if an Atrium Room is available for our Dec 2 arrival and it is so disappointing that none are available. We have been coming to Swept Away since the 90's and always stay in the Atrium or Beachfront rooms. A true disappointment. We were married there and have been visiting every year.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

A multi-time repeat guest posted her disappointment that we are already sold out at at CSS over the xmas/new year holiday.

Tour operators report their bookings on a daily basis (mostly) and I am the one who monitors availability at all our resorts. Every week - sometimes multiple times each week - I issue what is called a "closeout" report which advises everyone whether or not we still have availability. On that report, I advise whether or not a specific category is closed (C) or on request (OR)

In the latter case, I may place rooms (OR) to ensure that we do not oversell. (OR) means that we may still have a few rooms open. Generally, though, the tour operators simply closeout out the category altogether. They just do not have the human resources to scour all resorts for availability, particularly since their systems are all automated.

Soo, while you may call your travel agent or tour operator - or even look on Couples' own booking engine - and be told that there is no availability, I would encourage you to contact (or have your travel agent do so) our reservations department 1-800-268 7537 OR from UK/Europe -
    UK SALES OFFICE
    Tel: +44 1582 794 420
    Fax:+44 1582 792 112
    sales@couplesresorts.co.uk

We'll tell you right away whether or not there are a few rooms available.

Randyman, we are so, so upset. Tried booking our beloved Atrium Room for Dec 2 many, many months ago. We've been calling and calling to check on room availability and no luck. We've been coming to CSA since the 90's and always stay in either the Atrium or beachfront rooms.

More info on the topic: Since I couldn't face Thanksgiving this year w/o my Mom, the Hubs booked us into CSA. We arrive Nov 24th & booked via Delta Vacations. Their website indicated GVS suites only but had an 800 number to call for an atrium(no other room catgories were available) suite. The Hubs was skeptical but called, they in turn called Couples , and voila we were booked into an atrium! 48 sleeps til magic time, again! xoxoxox Razzl

Default Last Post

For the topic "fat12 set cluster" I couldnt see the name of the topic in the Last post column...
    Might just be my browser mucking up, but I refreshed quite a few times, so I thought I might just point it out...
    Jules

Hi Randy,

I wish I had seen this thread months ago. We were going to book CSS for New Years, but because of a job change I had to wait to book and when I did go to book CSS was sold out. Hopefully will be able to go next year.

Hi Randy,
    We will be coming first week of December to CN, will we be able to get a room in building 3 or 4 on 2nd floor? I don't want the first floor or other buildings. We have the Garden Room booked.
    Thank you!

a big up for yvonne forrester, we have know her since swept away has opened and has always taken good care of us, our new friends decided on a last minute trip to csa right before christmas but they were told the atriums were all sold out, i called yvonne yesterday afternoon and explained what had hapened, she asked if they were a little flexible on the dates, which they were, they wound up coming down a day earlier, thank you yvonne, you are the best, waynef

Definitely call- we were able to get the room category that we wanted which wasn't showing up on the website. There were actually a couple available!

Ditto what LeeandD posted....my brother and his wife decided to join us in April at CN and the website showed completely booked. I told my brother to call, and they had Garden Rooms available! YAY!!

Fortunately, I have never experienced anything like this because I see to it that I have booked my favorite room like a month away.