Default Shorts at Feathers @CSA

This is our first time @ Couples, I see where Lemongrass is Resort Elegant-Got that covered, but Feathers notes resort casual, can my husband and I get away with dressy shorts-linen shorts and collared shirt for him, and nice shorts and shirt/nice sandals for me

were not the dressy type, so one night is enough for me, but I would like to try all the restaurants.

No shorts or tee's or sandals allowed at Feathers for the gents. You'll be rejected at the door... I've seen it happen.

Slacks, collared shirt and closed-toes for one romantic, elegant dining experience... not too much to ask!

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Dress Code per Couples website:

FEATHERS (DINNER)
    For a more formal gourmet dining experience, featuring continental cuisine with a distinctly Caribbean flair, Feathers is sure to delight even the most discriminating palettes. view

Dinner: 6:30pm to 9:00pm
    Reservations: Required
    Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed shoes for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No sandals, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

Feathers' "elegant casual" dress code is actually more strict than the "resort elegant" dress code at Lemongrass. Men must wear slacks, a collared shirt and closed-toe shoes for entry into Feathers. Women can wear slacks with a nice blouse or a dress; any type of dress shoes, including dressy sandals are allowed.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you could wear capris to Lemongrass and your husband could wear a nice pair of shorts with a collared shirt and sandals.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

From what I remember from our trip last year, there are no shorts allowed in Feathers. Sorry =(
    Team Leegion

Hi Kwoods,
    Unfortunately, no shorts aren't allowed. I copied this from the restaurant section of the website:

For a more formal gourmet dining experience, featuring continental cuisine with a distinctly Caribbean flair, Feathers is sure to delight even the most discriminating palettes.

Dinner: 6:30pm to 9:00pm
    Reservations: Required
    Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed shoes for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No sandals, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

I hope that helps.
    Cheers,
    Terri

Sorry, but Feathers is fine dining and shorts are a no no. It is worth dressing up for! The air conditioning can be quite cool so make sure you take a wrap.

I think you have them turned around. Lemongrass is an open air venue and shorts are allowed. Feathers is indoors.

Be prepared to laugh. Feathers ambiance is something else. It's a big room w/ no bathroom.... there are no dividers between tables.... you can see everyone's eyes in the entire restaurant. We were laughing how weird it was that it was supposed to be the "nicest" restaurant at the resort. Make sure the tallest of you two sits on the booth side if you're in a booth - they sink in really far. From our opinion, the thai place was the best for atmosphere. Limited # of tables, great views of the pool/ocean/resort or a "vip" view of the band that was playing at PALMS. Definitely check it out but don't let the hype fool you, the ambiance is definitely weird at Feathers.

The steak I had though was amazing!

No shorts for either of you at Feathers, no matter how dressy they are. I've worn dressy slacks with a nice blouse, but the most comfortable thing for me is a summery dress. Tennis shoes are also a no-no for Feathers.

Dressy shorts are OK for Lemongrass. Bob usually pairs shorts with a polo short. I've worn dressy shorts with a nice blouse to Lemongrass.

When we were there last April a man did get in with shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. It was obvious that it upset some of the other guests but it didn't really bother me. He was surely freezing. I had a sweater and pants on and I was freezing!

Default I like the dress code

I am pleased that Couples has not relaxed the dress code at Feathers. It is too nice venue to allow dressing down.

Caviargal

We were at CSA for 10 days last October. We ate at feathers three times and thoroughly enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I couldn't agree with you more I hope they never relax the dress code. Almost all of the resort is casual which it should be. But it's nice to have the option of a restaurant that's not so casual. We also ate there on her wedding night and having a little more upscale option was nice.

I remember one year, the last year that Feathers was over at the sports complex, a guy got in wearing cargo shorts and an Elvis (Presley) t-shirt. Thinking that they'd relaxed their dress code, I didn't bring slacks the following year, and was curtly turned away at the door.

We rushed over to the gift shop (which was in the lobby), found a pair of slacks that fit, and passed muster in time for dinner.

So trust me... shorts are de riguer (SP?). And think about it... this is supposed to be a special time for you and your love... if you don't want to spend it in an elegant manner, that's your choice! No problem! Simply choose a different restaraunt.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Actually, shorts are prohibited not required at Feathers! I'm sure thats what you meant. But I agree, bring one pair of nice lone pants or you do miss out on a great dining experience. Same with the fine dining options at the other Couples resorts.

Your in shorts all day, throw on some pants and a a nice top and have a great evening you wont regret it!!

Feathers is freezing, I am always hot and I was freezing in feathers wearing long pants, shoes and a dress shirt.