Hybrid View

Default Cuban cigars at CN?

I know they have a humidor in the gift shop at CN. Does anyone know if they have Cubans? Not that I would ever dream of smoking a Cuban cigar, but it would be nice to know if they have them ;-)

While I'm not sure if there are Cuban Cigars available at CN (since I don't partake) I know many people who smoke cigars and many have had a problem in Jamaica buying what 'appear' to be Cuban Cigars .... but are actually not. I have no clue how to tell the difference but friends of mine who do say to be careful buying Cubans anywhere in the Caribbean because of the counterfiets out there. Apparently if you don't count all the people who buy Jamaican high Mountain coffee beans thinking they are buying far more expensive Blue Mountain beans then the counterfiet cigar business is right near the top of silly mistakes made by tourists.
    Best of luck!

I know they have real ones at CSA. They are not cheap.

best bet bring what you enjoy from home this way you will never be disappointed .......

Yes, they do have cuban cigars in the gift shop. Be prepared to pay a pretty penny for them. Also, some of the vendors on the patio of an evening have them. However, these are "guaranteed" to be cubans, but I found some things about them that made me question them, ie...a torn band that had been put back together and something else, but I dont remember what it was. The band was sure enough Cuban, but........I dont know, maybe it was just that one. You can also buy alleged cubans from the cigggarette, cigar, cigar, guy, but this one was found to be a little dry. If you dont know who this guy is, it wont take you long to find him, or he find you. I dont really suppose there is any reason for them not to sell "cubans" because to them thats just another cigar. Just get one, and say you did..Next time, I am taking my own non-cubans from home.

check out the cigar aficionado site and they have a counterfeit Cuban cigar guide. it's very helpful, you should review it before you go.

Quote Originally Posted by travandamy View Post
    Yes, they do have cuban cigars in the gift shop. Be prepared to pay a pretty penny for them. Also, some of the vendors on the patio of an evening have them. However, these are "guaranteed" to be cubans, but I found some things about them that made me question them, ie...a torn band that had been put back together and something else, but I dont remember what it was. The band was sure enough Cuban, but........I dont know, maybe it was just that one. You can also buy alleged cubans from the cigggarette, cigar, cigar, guy, but this one was found to be a little dry. If you dont know who this guy is, it wont take you long to find him, or he find you. I dont really suppose there is any reason for them not to sell "cubans" because to them thats just another cigar. Just get one, and say you did..Next time, I am taking my own non-cubans from home.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. The gift shop on the resort should have some product control. I'll be bringing my travel humidor with all my usuals. Thanks for the replies everyone! -chuck-

The poolside vendors at CTI had some nasty fakes. We've found some in town that pass the tests...not many, though...

http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/counterfeit/

I would also get them from the gift shop. The ones we bought on the beach were either dry or not very good. We usually bring our own in anyways, but wanted to try a cuban.

"cigggarette, cigar, cigar, guy"--He was part of the "atmosphere" we missed on the private CSS beach!

Unless you are a total Cuban cigar afficionado, one of the only ways to guarantee they are Cuban cigars is to buy an unopened sealed box with an unbroken authentic Cuban Warranty Seal still in place, or to be there to inspect the unopened box before the seller opens it. Check out this website: http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/counterfeit/

Then there's the idea that many Dominican and Nicaraguan cigars are easily better than Cubans. It's the old forbidden fruit concept..

Heck yea they do. And even if you do buy a fake one you will probably still enjoy it cause everything is better in Jamaica.....