Thread: For my wife

Default For my wife

We tried the c/o at the s resort in mobay and it was not what we thought it could be. C/o is not a good thing. Too many people walking through just to catch a glimpse which made my wife very uncomfortable and I just got tired of it. She never went past topless and even though I loved the freedom and went optional every day there were many more clothed there than not. Her response to me was if everybody was doing it I would be ok. So we are going to CSS in July. Now the next phase: She has lost a great deal of weight and has the excess skin to prove it as well as a c section scar from our two beautiful children. We both are still plump and she doesn't see herself the way I see her. I have read the posts here and I understand it is a non issue after the experience, but we are on the front side of that. We both swim in our own pool nude, but it is just hard for her to move to the public thing. I am looking forward to this trip and would love some help for her. I know what is said here and I really want a positive experience for her so that she understands she is beautiful beyond my opinion.
    We did find out some things about ourselves this summer, I am neither an exhibitionist nor prone to be a voyeur. I just love the freedom of being nude. I felt like I finally was just me with nothing to hide, cover, or be ashamed of. She has no problem being nude in a non judgmental environment (with me). In fact she loves it. We both love the beach, love to be nekkid and love each other. I will be asking her to read this and told her I was posting. I canít wait to meet you all, you sound like my kind of folks

Well bless you both Worldtex. It sounds very much as if you are much the same as most of the people who visit sunset beach, or any of the other au naturelle beaches at Couples resorts. You sound like the perfect fella, wanting your beautiful wife to be comfortable with herself in what is, to most people, an unusual environment in which all our anxieties about ourselves are heightened to the greatest degree.

I would point you in the first instance to a thread entitled 'feedback after your vacation'. You shall find it a little further down on page 1, in this section. I started the thread before my first visit to CSS last year and it proved most helpful. It may take some time to read through but you will see many first timers feedback comments, all of which are positive and some allude to issues that some posters hadn't even countenanced. It will, I suspect, help make positive many of the negative feelings that you and your wife may be worrying about.

Were you aware, for instance, that many posters regard that the different shapes of shoppers in Walmart offers the best example of the different types of bodies one sees at SSB beach? Walmart is not a British store but as a Brit I still understood the example and can confirm, categorically, that if body shape and scarring is your only worry then you simply have nothing to worry about. We are what we are and it is more than likely that you will be chatting with people in the pool or at the bar that have the same body features as you. I was certainly not the only plump (for 'plump' read 'fat'!) person at SSB last year and my wife was not the only lady to have stretch marks due to the birth of her two children. She hates those stretch marks, I love them! Like hands, our bodies tell a story of our life. We all have something about us that we long to be rid of or are concerned to share with others (in full view) but somehow it really, really isn't an issue at an au naturelle beach such as SSB. Long gone is the day when ladies commented on my muscular physique (actually, very very long gone!) but I still don't feel self conscious when at SSB. It is a shared but unspoken joy of the experience that makes it so special. People don't gawk or whisper. Any laughter is of pure joy and shared fun, if that is what you choose.

Being naked under the sun with someone you love is a fantastic feeling and the camaraderie is there for you if you wish to share the experience with others. SSB is large and there is the 'pool side' (more fun and mixing with others) or there is the 'right side' which is for those who wish to be by themselves. We mixed it up a bit but mostly stayed to the right. Whatever you want to do is fine. If you choose to go right as you enter the beach and stay there for the whole time then you will not need to worry about anyone spotting a scar or loose skin but believe me, you really should have no concerns.

Finally, if you are comfortable in your own skin then you will have an amazing time at CSS. The judgmental ones are more likely to be on the textile side. President, Prime Minister, trash truck driver or Doctor, we are all in the same when we are nekkid. Personality and confidence are what defines us. In short, if you don't want to mix with other slightly imperfect nekkid people then SSB is the idyll but I strongly suspect that by the end of day 1 or 2 you'll be mixing it up with the best of them, poolside!

Jenny and I are arriving on 26th November and will be lazing on SSB until 10th December. When will you be there. You didn't say. If we don't catch you there, please don't forget to let us know how you get on by commenting in the 'feedback' thread.

I don't think either of you will be disappointed or feel uncomfortable. No one is judgmental at all. Have a good time and send us a trip report.

I've been a "part time" nudist for a couple of years now - 3-4 day trips to local nudist resorts during the summer. I've seen young, old, fat, thin, even morbidly obese - you name it, I've seen it. The most amazing thing is not what I've seen but my how my reaction - those nearly unconscious snap evaluations of attractiveness that we all do - my reaction to people is so much more positive when everyone is nude. I find myself noticing what is appealing or attractive about a person - what they are - instead of what they are not. Of course, if I take the time to actually talk and socialize with someone a bit then all that even matters less. I can't complete explain it, but the whole experience is somehow "uplifting" - I miss it during the winter months - it just makes everyone seem more real, more human.

All I can say is take the chance and dive in - one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

Thanks. We will be there the first week in July, 2012. I am the researcher in the family and she does Facebook. She won't dig out the info on this site like I have and I really appreciate the posts because she will read this. Your response says so much about the kind of experience we will have. The s resort only had three people at the most doing an at a time and never both spouses, only one of the pair. It was amazing how we would talk at the bar when we went to get drinks but not at the beach. Thanks again. Frank and Cathy

Default Love 2 be free!

I too, had my first 'semi AN experience at a C/O beach. HATED IT.. I was very uncomfortable with the mix of clothes on - clothes off. Not to mention the creepy guy with binoculars..Anyhow, went to CN 2 yrs ago (headed Home next month!) and grabbed a cocktail, headed to the AN hottub and jumped into it as well as my first AN public appearance. LOVED IT!! My hubby and I are well into our 40s, have a few excess pounds, not to mention the scars and stretch marks..Scars are actually a great conversation starter! Bottom line is, the AN friends you meet are great. The feeling of the sun on your skin is AWESOME and not have to wear a wet suit is just decadent. Actually got to the point where I pouted a bit when I was forced to put clothes on to go to the rest of the resort!!
    Lucy

Went "next door" to CN in Feb 2009. That is a CO beach. Did not feel comfortable there. They had a nice little bar/grill there that anyone could go to.....including alot of male gawkers!! Nice area, but very creepy. Just not the same as AN. Everyone is on the same level on the AN beach....nothing to hide.

LOVE a/n........not a fan of C/O.
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 13
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

Went "next door" to CN in Feb 2008. That is a CO beach. Did not feel comfortable there. They had a nice little bar/grill there that anyone could go to.....including alot of male gawkers!! Nice area, but very creepy. Just not the same as AN. Everyone is on the same level on the AN beach....nothing to hide.

CSA - Jun 13

Our first AN experience was at CTI a few years ago and we had the same concerns as you. Since then, we've been to each of the Couples resorts and I can confirm that you meet the nicest people on the AN beaches.
    Interestingly, they generally tend to be the more "mature" crowd none of whom looked like super models. This was completely against my expectations but was a very pleasant surprise. The nice thing about the AN area at CSS is that it is completely private, and very spacious both around and in the pool, and on the beach. You can start off in a more secluded area and then decide if you wish to move. The other nice thing is that when you're in the pool, most of you is hidden anyway - best of both worlds as you decide how comfortable you feel.

We're returning to CTI this year and cannot wait to revisit the island there. Would love to go back to SSB in the future, maybe we'll see you there next year!

Quote Originally Posted by cubbyblu View Post
    Went "next door" to CN in Feb 2008. That is a CO beach. Did not feel comfortable there. They had a nice little bar/grill there that anyone could go to.....including alot of male gawkers!! Nice area, but very creepy. Just not the same as AN. Everyone is on the same level on the AN beach....nothing to hide.

CN's special beach is AN not CO and is separate from their main beach.
    Vicky

I am thinking that cubbyblu is referring to the resort "next door" to CN that has a C/O beach. We have been to all of Couples A/N Beaches, and love CN the best. We have met the nicest people there, and always have a lot of fun and laughs, not to mention a relaxing good time. We won't even consider a C/O beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    CN's special beach is AN not CO and is separate from their main beach.
    Vickyj-

By "next door" I was refering to the "B" resort which is next to CN. We've been to CN 4 times, so are well aware of the layout and that it is, indeed, totally nude. Sorry to confuse.
    CSA - Jun 13

Worldtex (Frank)
    We will also be there the first week of july 2012
    Actually we arrive on the 4th and stay all of the next week
    There is a big group of us that have gone at this same time for the last several years. A great group of fun people. Friendly. Respectful. Loving. Caring. Did I say fun.
    We met at the resort. None of us knew each other prior. We are from all over the country and the world.

Honestly, I hope you and Cathy will try it. We love SSB. We basically plan our summer around spending our relaxation time at our home in Jamaica with a group of people that we consider very good friends.

I don't know if I would try a CO beach but I know that my wife would not. But the AN is different. She loves it. Everyone is equal. I think you guys would have a great time.
    Can't wait to meet you.
    John

Default Thanks Jed

We can't wait to get there. We love the beach and really love great conversation. We will let you know who to look for just before we leave.

You have picked the best resort of the 3 Couples that offer AN. CSS has the privacy that a first timer will appreciate. You can stay by yourselves on the sandy beach until you're more comfortable joining the pool group. People at CSS tend to be more relaxed than at CTI where it's more of a party atmosphere. CN's AN, although on a public beach, is more private. I love CN, and love the fact that you can walk right into the ocean (I wrap a floatie around me, even after 4 trips) and swim naked.

I am very cuddly, and things don't sit where they're supposed to anymore but at Couples I feel pretty good about myself, can't say the same here at home. You'll notice the difference in how you feel when you walk from the main beach to the AN beach. You'll be adjusting your suit to make sure things aren't hanging out, like I do, and you may even feel self conscious about the way you look, until you get naked at SSB. You will then realize that we are all equal, that no one has anything different than anyone else and that we all love the sun, the sand, the surf and especially that we all love Couples Resorts. The people on the AN beaches are so friendly and they look you in the eye when carrying on a conversation. It is a totally life altering experience to be one of the AN group of people. You and your wife will be welcomed and any of the AN beaches Couples has.

worldtex - read the post entitled "Feedback after your vacation" - it's all about peoples' reactions after their first trip going AN, this will most likely put your wife's mind at ease