Default Last Minute CN questions.

We leave in 11 days for CN. I have some last minute questions.

1. Will there be aloe in the room, or do I need to pack some.

2. I understand menus to all restaurants are posted everyday. Is that correct? and Where?

3. At CSS my husband wore pants everynight for dinner except for the beach party nights. I understand that he only needs pants for Othaheite. He can were shorts and a button down to the others?(I really hate this, but he will be mad, if he is the only one in pants.)

4. AT CSS last year, we at at Casanova, 4 out of the 8 nights we were there. Will we be able to eat at Othaheite more than once. We will be there tues-weds.

5. My husband will want Lychee one night. I doubt there is anything on there menu I will eat. Will they bring me just a plain salad. I don't eat anything with fish, soy, peanut, or teriyaki sauce. Love the spice of Thai food but cant stomach any of the above sauces. I also don't eat fish.

6. We have the $500 credit for early booking and the $150 for being repeaters.

7. We booked a beachfront room, I am kicking myself for not booking a beachfront suite. Its not showing any available, so I don't think I can upgrade. Please reassure me I am not going to miss having a separate living area or straight on beach view. I could care less, about the bigger bathroom.

Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWGFAN View Post
    You should bring some. In the past aloe was provided but earlier this year there was none.

2. I understand menus to all restaurants are posted everyday. Is that correct? and Where?
    Correct. They are posted on a board at the hallway connecting the bathrooms with the main bar/Cassava Terrace. If you approach the main bar from the main stairwell, look left where the wheelchair access ramp is and go forward ~5 steps.

3. He can were shorts and a button down to the others?
    Only Otaheite requires long pants for men.

4. Will we be able to eat at Othaheite more than once.
    Yes. On the old, old message board there was information stating that one could only eat at Otaheite once every 3 nights. We don't recall seeing this in writing anywhere else, nor seeing it enforced. However, Guest Relations has told us that on any given day one can only make a reservation at Otaheite for one night (e.g. on Monday you can't book Monday and Wednesday). Also you can now only book up to 3 days in advance from the current day (e.g. on Monday you can choose from Mon, Tue, or Wed only). It is closed on Thursday.

5. My husband will want Lychee one night.... Will they bring me just a plain salad. ...
    We haven't tried ordering off menu but we do find CN very accommodating so you should ask the chef (Patrico Arturo, or similar, is his name). Also the menu is fairly varied so you should investigate first. It changes once per week (on Friday in the past; not sure if that is still the day now).

7. We booked a beachfront room, I am kicking myself for not booking a beachfront suite. ... Please reassure me I am not going to miss having a separate living area or straight on beach view. ....
    We can't reassure you because different people value such things differently. You may miss the different living area but a beachfront suite at CN wouldn't give you a "straight on" beach view in any case.

1) Pack the aloe or buy some at the gift shop. They no longer stock that in the rooms.
    2) The menus are posted daily in the hall near the washrooms & gift shop under the lobby left of Cassava Terrace. We checked them daily after having the buffet breakfast at Cassava.
    3) I have only wore long pants when at the fancy restaurants or at the repeaters dinners. Right after dinner I change into shorts. Maybe that's just me but we always go to Couples when it's winter in Chicago and I know when we return it's back to long pants everyday for the next few months. Most guys (I'd say about 90%) are in shorts at the other restaurants.
    4) We've never eaten at Otaheite more than once in a weeks stay so I'm not sure about that question. I think I have seen other comments on the board that it is possible though to book more than once.
    5) Unfortunately, we never made to Lychee on our last trip so I can't answer that either.
    6) We had the same when we went and had a lot of fun spending it. Love the CN spa!
    7) We had a Garden Suite in Building 8 on our last visit. The suites are actually the size (width) of 2 regular rooms. I can honestly say that our view of the beach and water was just about as good as the Beachfront Suites, just a little further away.
    Having stayed in a standard Gardenview room on 2 prior trips, I didn't think the suite was worth the extra 1K we spent. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but the little time you spend in it does not make it worth it IMO. We did have dinner in our room one night which was very nice though which is only available in a suite.
    You don't have a seperate room in the suite. It's just one very wide room with a king bed, tables, couch & chairs. The bathroom is huge and almost as wide but you noted that that is not a big concern.
    There are no straight on views of the beach at CN and you can see that pretty clear on the "maps and 360 view" portion of the CN site.

Hope that helps. You will love CN!!

We leave in 11 days for CN. I have some last minute questions.

Yes, there will be some in the room. However, I bring my own as I am particular about products. I believe they replenish it daily.

Yes, in the hallway towards the bathrooms off Cassava Terrace (the main buffet/dining area)

3. At CSS my husband wore pants everynight for dinner except for the beach party nights. I understand that he only needs pants for Othaheite. He can were shorts and a button down to the others?(I really hate this, but he will be mad, if he is the only one in pants.)

Yes, he can do shorts for all the other restaurants.

4. AT CSS last year, we at at Casanova, 4 out of the 8 nights we were there. Will we be able to eat at Othaheite more than once. We will be there tues-weds.

Yes, I believe you could eat there every day if you wanted, with exception of the night they're closed! Yummy!

5. My husband will want Lychee one night. I doubt there is anything on there menu I will eat. Will they bring me just a plain salad. I don't eat anything with fish, soy, peanut, or teriyaki sauce. Love the spice of Thai food but cant stomach any of the above sauces. I also don't eat fish.

You may be surprised at the menu as there is a lot of variety in the "asian" relm of food and since Couples is so accomodating you could probably order a lot sauce free!

6. We have the $500 credit for early booking and the $150 for being repeaters.

You didn't really question this, but you should definitely hit up the spa to use those credits! Or maybe a romantic dinner for two on the beach or in the treehouse?

7. We booked a beachfront room, I am kicking myself for not booking a beachfront suite. Its not showing any available, so I don't think I can upgrade. Please reassure me I am not going to miss having a separate living area or straight on beach view. I could care less, about the bigger bathroom.

You won't be in your room enough to care. Also I don't believe any of the rooms are "straight on" beach views. We enjoy the basic garden room and it has enough space for us, as when we're in the room we're either on our lanai or sleeping!

Thanks for all the help.
    See you there! 5 days to go!

No aloe in the rooms
    Menus are posted in front of each restaurant.
    No long pants for men needed except for Otaheite and yes, you can eat there every night if you want.
    You may find that you love Lychee. It's not over the top Thai.
    I think you save a lot of money by not booking the suite. I love their regular rooms. They have a very cool Jamaican feel to them. We spend all day on the beach so going back to our little garden oasis room
    is heavenly. You are going to love it!!!

1. pack it
    2. downstairs below the reception area near the main buffet
    3. long pants are only necessary for O, but it is never wrong to wear them. Esp in Lychee since it has A/C
    4. Probably if you try to make the reservations
    5. You might be surprised at the variety on the menu. Lychee is my favorite restaurant there.
    6. ??? ok
    7. Never been in anything but a garden deluxe. I can't imagine you would regret your room choice.

Other folks answered Q1-6, so I'll just add my opinion to 7. We've stayed in a garden suite and beachfront rooms at CN. We did the suite first, then the rest of the time beachfront rooms. No rooms at CN are directly in front of the ocean, everything is at an angle. We really like buildings 5 (furthest away from everything so quieter, surrounded by lush gardens) and building 6 (very centrally located, probably closest to the beach of all of them.) We also like those two buildings because in front of your patio is sand. You don't spend too much in your room. For us, either we are "sleeping" or we're on our patio. You'll just love it!!!!!