Default stuff i might forget!

We are going to couples swept away in early October. I am needing some input on a list of stuff you maybe wished you would have taken with you or stuff that you took that I may not think about! Thank you so much -C

just got back from CSA. I was in a beachfront suite and there was no glass in the windows on one side of the room. Just the big wooden shutters and a screen outside. It was great to hear the tropical night sounds...until I was ready to sleep. Sounded like tree frogs were in the bed. Not sure how many/what types of rooms have no glass in windows, but I wished I had ear plugs.

You should visit this thread...it's all been covered.

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...at-quot-thread

check this thread out and enjoy your vacation

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...at-quot-thread
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

A little bottle of Woolite ( I have not found a travel size in the store, so I always make my own), bendable straws, beach bag, a beach hat, room freshener, non burning candles, tossable beach balls, an old watch ( I leave the cellphone in the room, and I still like to know the time while on the beach), and from all the recent reviews for Jamaica- bug spray ! Also, ziplock bags are useful to bring stuff to the beach to protect from sand, and to place wet or damp items when traveling home. I just added this one to my list, a couple of clothes pins ( to keep the patio curtains closed to that little bit of morning light does not find it's way in).

We will be arriving at CSA on 10/10...maybe we will see you there! The best tips for things to bring can be found in the "I wish I would have thought of that" thread on the MB. It is rather lengthy to read through, so look at it when you have a little bit of time and be sure to grab a pen and some paper to make notes. I believe someone also posted their own vacation packing list on there as well, so that may be useful. As far as clothing goes, pack lightly! You will need at least 2 swimsuits each (the air is humid, so they really don't dry well overnight), a beach cover-up or two for the lady, and casual clothing for excursions and the evening. If you want to try Feathers, you will need a pair of pants, a collared shirt, and closed toe shoes for the gentleman and either a dress and nice sandals or slacks and a nice blouse for the lady. All other restaurants you will visit are casual. Bring shorts/capris/pants that can be worn more than once, just changing out the tops. If you want to use the fitness center, wear your athletic shoes when traveling and then just bring a couple pair of other versatile shoes in your baggage. When you get packed for the first time, take out half of the clothes/shoes you initially put in and that should be about right! If you really want to pack lightly and don't want to pay for laundry services, bring a couple packs of travel laundry detergent to hand wash your clothes in the sink and the hang up to dry for reuse. As mentioned before though, the air is humid, so drying will take a while.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

I always figure it this way... when going to Couples, don't leave home without the following

- your passport
    - your credit card
    - fresh undies
    - one swimsuit
    - suntan lotion

Pretty much everything else can be found "on-campus" or nearby.

Now if I can only talk my beloved bride into such simplicity... but I'll deny I said that with my dying breath!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by schwieso View Post
    A little bottle of Woolite ( I have not found a travel size in the store, so I always make my own), bendable straws, beach bag, a beach hat, room freshener, non burning candles, tossable beach balls, an old watch ( I leave the cellphone in the room, and I still like to know the time while on the beach), and from all the recent reviews for Jamaica- bug spray ! Also, ziplock bags are useful to bring stuff to the beach to protect from sand, and to place wet or damp items when traveling home. I just added this one to my list, a couple of clothes pins ( to keep the patio curtains closed to that little bit of morning light does not find it's way in).

I found some large clothes pins at one of the $$ stores. They are great to clip your towel to the top of the chair. They are great. They also have large zip bags that we use for beach bags.

I like to bring a mini flashlight to navigate going to bath at night.

Don't forget to contact your credit card company to let them know you will be in Jamaica.

Debjes -

That's an excellent suggestion... remember, Couples is cashless, and you settle up at check out. If you use a CC, and the company puts a hold on your card because of a flag from some off-campus shopping, there might be a problem.

I also find it handy to include a small extension cord and/or outlet strip if it fits in your luggage.

Finally, I would add that you leave any attitudes about prompt service on the floor at home... and replace it with a healthy dose of respect and patience. At times, I've seen some boorish behavior by folks who are put off by the "Soon Come" pace of the Island.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Chris,
    I learned this the hard way. I had not contacted my cc company last time we were in Negril. CC company refused and luckily I had another card. Also, I believe Couples does not accept Discover, so that is another consideration.

48 days to CSA, MON!!! This will be our 5th time...my packing has gotten lighter & lighter with each trip...my husband has always packed light, but even his has gotten lighter. He is down to packing one pair of dress pants & wears them a couple of times when we go to Feathers...the rest of the time, he is typically in a Tommy Bahama shirt & shorts for dinner for all the other restaurants. We only get to go for 8 nights for this trip...I have light weight sundresses, tops, & skirts or capris for evenings...our only daytime attire is bathing suits & a cover up for me, t-shirt for him...during breakfast & lunch, you can wear suits with a shirt or cover-up in all the restaurants. I'm even packing fewer shoes (yeah, who would have ever thought that?!)...beach flip flops for daytime, and a pair of black & a pair of brown cute sandals for evening. Most of our packing space will actually be taken up by our dive gear...my husband is a big tekkie geak, so we have wireless everything for diving...otherwise, we would probably just use the CSA gear. I think we'll be able to get all our clothes & shoes in one suitcase for this trip, the rest will be diving gear. 10/11-10/19...CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

Debjs: We have used Discover card on each one of our trips to Couples, so they do take Discover. Just wanted to clarify that so others wouldn't be misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiGal04 View Post
    Debjs: We have used Discover card on each one of our trips to Couples, so they do take Discover. Just wanted to clarify that so others wouldn't be misinformed.
    Thanks for the info.

All_for_fun, maybe we will see you there! CSA 10/10-10/16..44 sleeps left and I am about to die of anticipation!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)