Thread: tennis

Hybrid View

Default tennis

I posted this on the meetup board but thought I might get more response here. My husband is a 3.5 to 4 tennis player looking to play singles or doubles. We will be at Sans Souci Oct 26th through Nov 4th. Anyone interested please reply.
    Jamaicajeanne

We arrive at Sans Souci on 11/1 and my husband is a 4.0. But I don't want to commit that he'll be ready to play the day we arrive. Tell your hubby to just check in at the courts on the morning of 11/2 & 3 - my husband will usually only play 1st thing in the morning because it gets so hot & humid later.

Even if your husband doesn't find any good vacationing players, the local Jamaican pros are usually very good. Ask to play with them - the visiting pros tend to not be quite as challenging. But every once in a while, you'll get a good visiting pro - sorry, don't mean to offend anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lpmp View Post
    We arrive at Sans Souci on 11/1 and my husband is a 4.0. But I don't want to commit that he'll be ready to play the day we arrive. Tell your hubby to just check in at the courts on the morning of 11/2 & 3 - my husband will usually only play 1st thing in the morning because it gets so hot & humid later.

Even if your husband doesn't find any good vacationing players, the local Jamaican pros are usually very good. Ask to play with them - the visiting pros tend to not be quite as challenging. But every once in a while, you'll get a good visiting pro - sorry, don't mean to offend anyone!
    Thanks for responding. My husband also likes to go first thing in the AM. He was feeling guilty about asking for a pro to drive to Ocho since most of them are a distance away. Swept Away spoiled him. Can you give me an idea as to what time he ususally likes to play? My husband gets out there around 7ish. He is flexible. Thanks again.
    Jamaicajeanne

There's always been either a local pro or traveling pro at all of the resorts during the day starting at 8:00 a.m. We've never seen it unattended at any of the resorts during the posted times they are open so there should be someone to play with there (after 8:00 a.m.).

My husband will probably be down there between 7:30 and 8:00. He doesn't bring a racquet so he'll have to wait till they arrive to borrow a racquet.

Thanks. That is good news that there is always someone there. Hope to meet up with your hubby on the courts. I prefer the gym and running. Have a great trip when you go and again hope to see you thanks
    Jamaicajeanne

My wife is also the same level-3.5 to 4. We will be at CSS on Nov. 8-15th. Sorry we will miss you. She too is looking for some games. For me I prefer the diving.