Hybrid View

Default After 5 trips to Negril, we just booked CSS!!!

Hi everyone!

We're are Negril lovers...3 trips to CN and 1 trip to CSA. We thought we'd take a risk, go completely crazy and try out CSS. Just made the reservation yesterday, one week in a Penthouse at CSS. It looks so beautiful, but I'll be honest...we're beach people and I'm a bit nervous about that.

As a surprise to my hubby, I booked first class air for the trip! Arriving in style and leaving in style. Plus we're taking a redeye from Denver, so thought we'd have a better chance of sleeping if there was a bit more room (and more wine.)

March can't come soon enough!!! It always feels so good to make that reservation!!! Let the countdown begin!

The beach at CSS will be a bit of letdown,but it is not that bad. The scenery and views far makes up for it.
    We stayed in a Penthouse Suite 3 times. Ask for block D thaey are the best. You will not believe the size of the suite and the size of the balcony.

CSS is like staying in a botanical gardens. The grounds are so large that when you are walking abround the property you will feel that you are the only couple there!

MnK -- we did the same. We have been three times to the Negril resorts and have reserved an 11 day stay split between CSS and CTI later next year. We can't wait!

We are also CN lovers and took the leap a couple years ago and went to Ocho Rios. We didn't really care for CTI, but we did enjoy CSS. The beauty of this resort is the grounds. There is a lovely (huge) pond that you can ride a bike around or walk. We are also beach people and did miss Bloody Bay, but there are so many other wonderful aspects to CSS that it too holds a special place in our hearts, especially SSB.

By the way ~ I'm also from Denver (for the time being). We are both looking for jobs and we just might be moving out of the state
    Last edited by Coloradojuli; August 23rd, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    We are also CN lovers and took the leap a couple years ago and went to Ocho Rios. We didn't really care for CTI, but we did enjoy CSS. The beauty of this resort is the grounds. There is a lovely (huge) pond that you can ride a bike around or walk. We are also beach people and did miss Bloody Bay, but there are so many other wonderful aspects to CSS that it too holds a special place in our hears, especially SSB.
    I couldn't agree more!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Well MnK congrats on your booking and how special to have made first class air.......now that is going in style girl!! We are beach people too but we have booked all 4 resorts Nov/ Dec of 2012 so when its all said and done we will know which ones we truly want to go back too! We have picked CSA to get married at and CN for our honeymoon so we end our trip with the beach that we really want(Negril side)!! March will be here before you know it!!

You will love CSS we stayed in CTi, CSS and CN over Xmas and New Year. We had previously been to CN which we loved.
    We had booked 8 nights CTI then 10 CN (home) but did a traing places to CSS and loved it so moved from CTI on Xmas Day.
    The beaches at CSS are lovely and private though not as large as CN. The resort never felt crowded and it is awsome. Serive is second to none and teh room service is a nice touch
    The only small downside was the weather in CSS was rather cloudy and rainy at times whilst it had been wall to wall sumshire for the shole 18 niughts at CN.
    Enjoy!!

We love CSS and will have wonderful memories there. The beach was not the best, but the adventure and the romance makes up for it. Hope you make lots of memories on your trip. Enjoy

We had stayed at CSA three times when we decided to stay at CSS. I absolutely love the beach at CSA, especially the beachfront rooms that are right on the beach. We loved CSS completely. While we did miss not being right on the beach, other things made up for it, like the massage huts hanging over the cliffs at CSS for our couples massage.

While the beach at CSS is not as long as CSA or CN, it is still plenty big. We never felt crowded there, and there were always plenty of loungers. I think that you will really enjoy the differences. The Starlight Gala is amazing at CSS - nothing like it at CSA.

We're Negril people ..... LOVE LOVE LOVE that beach at CSA (1 stay) & CN (4 stays) ---- Plus some stays at "other" resorts in Negril ...... We did the SR a couple of years ago & got CSS, which was GREAT because we wanted to try something new ..... We'd been to Ocho Rios but never stayed there. We thought that CSS was absolutely GORGEOUS & our room was beautiful ...... BUT ...... That being said - we missed the beach & pool bar area at CN so much that we just would never go back. We are glad we did go because the resort is so "tropical" with being on a cliff & all the plants but won't be doing it again. We found that the beach is just too important a part of our vacation & even though the one at CSS is nice, there just isn't any comparing the two.
    Julie

Reading this thread makes me laugh because as a CSS-afficiando, I am nervous that CN will not live up to my expectations! As much as we love the beach, it was the whole environment at CSS that keeps drawing us home. From the rooms to the staff and the food and the privacy, CSS is everything we could have dreamed of, so taking our vacation in a new place made me nervous. I know that each Couples resort has its own character offering something unique, and that's what you fall in love with, just like your kiddos (dogs or children). I can't wait to meet CN and experience the cat cruise, beautiful beach and amazing pool scene! 6 months and 3 days to go!