Default Bottled water at CSA?

Is bottled water available at CSA or should we bring refillable bottles like they use at CTI?

They DO have bottled water at the bars; or they did in May of 2010...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

There is an abundance of bottled water, Wata, everywhere, and they will even stock your mini-bar with it. No worries!

So far the only resort that offers the refillable bottles is CTI. All the others still have bottled water. Although the water in Jamaica is just fine to drink from the tap

There is talk that the other resorts might offer the refillable water bottles soon

You can do either. They do have bottled water at the bars, but you can also bring your CTI water bottle and the bartenders will fill it for you.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Would love the refillable water bottle:-
    1. Great to take home
    2. Good for the planet!
    We all win

Ya, bottle water is everywhere, the tap water is also safe to drink. We had no problems and my wife has a sensitive stomach.

they do have bottled water now, which is really disappointing to me. drink from the tap, it's safe, tastes just as good and doesn't hurt the planet.

That is a good repeater gift. Give us a water bottle at the beginning of the trip, and have the bartenders refill it.

We just returned from CN last night. At the repeaters dinner Karen (the general manager) said that bottled water is not available at CN anymore, because Jamaica does not recycle. They offered water in a glass. Our room always had a full cold pitcher of water, and there were water coolers with glasses at all the bars. I don't know if Swept Away is the same now or not.

Yes as grayturtless said CN does not have bottled water available at the bars or restaurants but they did put a few bottles in our fridge upon arrival and we would just re fill them during the day at the water cooler on top of the pool bar when ever they were empty. I think eliminating them along with the bottled red stripe is a great idea. I always remember half full bottles of each lying around on tables along the pool and at the beach at the end of each day, that is so much waste and alot to clean up, besides the glass being dangerous if broken in those areas.
    Red Stripe is available on tap and they did put Caribe beer in the fridge in our room.

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    We just returned from CN last night. At the repeaters dinner Karen (the general manager) said that bottled water is not available at CN anymore, because Jamaica does not recycle. They offered water in a glass. Our room always had a full cold pitcher of water, and there were water coolers with glasses at all the bars. I don't know if Swept Away is the same now or not.
    this is WONDERFUL news!! thank you Couples...now if we could only get the rest of the world to do away with bottled water...

we just got back from CSA on Saturday, and they still have bottled water...no refillable bottles or big coolers. we drank the water they provide from pitchers at dinner (I assume tap) and had no problems. the in-room bars are stocked with bottled water, as are the bars around the resort, and you can get it by request at dinner if it is something you need.