Default Catamaran Cruise Questions

My fiance soon to be husband wants to do the catamaran cruise and wants me to go with him. I cant swim so would I be allowed on the boat?
    Sian_Ken
    Couples Tower Isle September 2011

Absolutely.... there will be life preservers on board for all.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

OF course you will. Fun ride with rum punch. After about a 1/2 hour ride, they stop for anyone to jump off for a swim. Many people don't go in. Then back to the resort. There is a pail for tips for the crew. See you real soon.

Ralph & Roberta
    Syracuse, NY
    COR 9/1982, CTI 9/2007, CTI 9/2009, CTI 9/2011

You don't have to be able to swim to take the Cat cruise. They provide life vests for everyone. You also don't have to leave the catamaran and go in the water

The cat cruise is a lot of fun!

Yes, you will be fine. I can't swim either and look forward to the Catamaran Cruise. You do have to wade out to the boat, but it is only about waist deep and people will help you on.
    Have fun
    Karin

Yes, you will be fine. Definitely, go! Not everyone who does the cat cruise can swim, and it's still a blast. I'm not sure how the boarding works on the OR side, but at CN and CSA, you walk through waist deep water out to the boat. The swimming at Pirate's Cave is optional and a lot of people stay on the boat and party. The last time we went, we met up with a few couples who we had met earlier in the week, and I was the only one of about 8 of us that actually got in the water. The rest of them were taking full advantage of the endless rum punch!

No...you will need to stay in your room....only kidding, non swimmers are fine, I am not a great swimmer...so I use the floats that are provided...if I leave the boat.
    I would add you can also go snorkelling, thet have floats for non or weak swimmers...it is a great included activity, we do 14 nigh stays & I guess we snorkel about 10 of the days...great fun...

Absolutely! You load onto the boat from the dock. No swimming necessary.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Sian_Ken View Post
    My fiance soon to be husband wants to do the catamaran cruise and wants me to go with him. I cant swim so would I be allowed on the boat?
    In one word....YES! When we left my wife had no intentions of going in the water. (She can't swim, and my ability is....uh...limited). When we got to the cave, everyone who wanted to go into the water could put on a flotation device. Bottom line, we had a blast. My wife and I went into the cave and really enjoyed ourselves. You will have a great time!

The one you MUST do when at Couples is the Catamaran, no if's and's or but's. You don't need to know how to swim for this excursion, enjoy the sunset cruise! I wish I was back on it

I will reiterate (as one person above did) - the Catamaran Cruise is one of the few things at CN where you can TIP - they are not CN employees. I didn't know this the first time and had no money and WANTED to tip because they do such a great job.

I think tips are allowed for shuttle drivers, spa services, catamaran cruise...that's all I can recall.

Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo248 View Post
    In one word....YES! When we left my wife had no intentions of going in the water. (She can't swim, and my ability is....uh...limited). When we got to the cave, everyone who wanted to go into the water could put on a flotation device. Bottom line, we had a blast. My wife and I went into the cave and really enjoyed ourselves. You will have a great time!
    The ops signature says CTI. Just to clarify for them, no cave there. There is a swimming spot, but you don't have to go in the water. One thing though, we found that the cat we were on at CTI was much smaller than the one at CSA, and a different design, in that it's much flatter and you sit on it more so than in it (if that makes sense?). So being a non swimmer, absolutely put a life jacket on and stay put while underway, especially if it's even a wee bit rough. It was quite rough water when we went (it had actually been shut down for a few days because of the weather), so we were kinda crashing over the swells. A couple of people were at the back, feeling sick. No one but staff moved about underway, and those at the bow (front) got soaked! ...which can we fun on a hot day, but just a warning. Not to scare you off! It's just a different experience if the water's not flat calm as it was when we went at CSA, and with the great big cat they used there which we comfortably moved about on.

Here's a photo to give you an idea, and others of the view from it.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1129097...75963023373378

One more thing- Because I grew up on a lake, I am a good swimmer but I always take a life jacket to float on into the cave on the catamaran cruise. You can stay out longer and enjoy it more.

Thank you for all your replys. Feel so much better now So looking forward to our honeymoon at CTI
    Sian_Ken
    Couples Tower Isle September 2011