Default What is the best way to get a 1st floor room?

I'm looking at booking our honeymoon for April/May 2012 and want to make this a special trip. I've narrowed it down to either CSA or CN. I'm trying to determine what is the best way to get a 1st floor room that walks out to the beach. Any tips or thoughts?

Thank you.

You would have to book either the Beachfront suites or the Beachfront Verandah Suites at CSA to get a room that wlalks out directly on the beach. The Beachfront Suites are only 4 to a building, with 2 on the first floor and 2 on the second. BFV suites are 3 stories high. You can not request before check in a first floor room, but when you arrive you may make your request, and if available you will receive it. If you really want a first floor room, and one is not available on check in, request to move as soon as one is available ( may take a day or two max).

LOL.... show up with crutches, a walker, or a wheel chair.

Fact of the matter is, there is no promise tendered or guaranteed of a particular room or floor when you book a suite at SweptAway. The best Couples can do is to fulfill the room category that you purchase. Those are my thoughts.... there are no tips, other than to ask at check-in.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Somewhat funny answer: Show up with crutches and your foot in a cast or walking boot! We went to CSA last year a month after my husband broke his ankle. He got the cast taken off the day before we left and was in a walking boot, but couldn't put weight on it yet.

Real answer: just ask for it when you check in. If it's available they will do everything they can to accomodate you.

You could put the request in your reservation and/or politely ask upon checkin. There are no guarantees, but our experience is that the front desk staff will do whatever they can to accommodate your desires. Just be polite and patient...you may have to wait an extra day to get what you want.

FWIW...we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE first floor rooms at CN!!!!

Ask for one? I don't know about CN, but at CSA the categories are the same on all floors. When you check in just ask for a ground floor room. There might not be any available but you can always ask if one will be opening up the next day and then move when it becomes available. They will work with you if you are polite and willing to be flexible. Sometimes there are just not any open though.

We have always just asked for a first floor Garden View room at check in at CN and were always obliged

As everyone has said, there's no way to guarantee it, but the staff is VERY accommodating & will do everything possible to get you the floor you want. We have always requested, & received, a first floor room...we prefer that simply because we bring all our own dive equipment & have to haul everything back & forth every day after diving, since CSA does not have dive lockers to leave our gear in at the end of the day...hauling up & down the stairs as well is just not appealing to us. However, we have met many couples who prefer the upper floors because of the better views...to each his own, which is why everyone is always happy. No matter what floor you're on, you're in Jamaica & at CSA...what could be better???