Default Missing Room Types @ CSA

Ya mon,

Has someone stayed in a Garden Verandah Suite more recently than Nov 2009 (when we were there)?
    If so can you confirm the terra cotta flooring that we had experienced?
    If anyone has stayed in a terra cotta tiled room (any category) in the past few months please advise.

We traveled to CSA in Nov 2010 and stayed 3 nights in the Garden Verandah Suite and then 3 nights in the Great House Verandah Suite... While the amenities were the same; we hated the Great House (loud noise and floor tiles in a very institutional mint green colour, not the Caribbean feeling we had with our first room).

As we are planning our next stay we certainly wanted to return to the Garden Verandah Suite, our favourite or maybe even just a staight up Garden Suite to avoid the TV and have more lushness.

HOWEVER- Now I am seeing there is no such thing as a Garden Suite. As of today; the only thing I see without the word "verandah" in the name is the Beachfront Suite. We are not interested in being front row centre in the sand with lack of privacy. Plenty of people enjoy this and we respect that, its just not for us.

At this point, all I care about is the the lush gardens and terra cotta tiles!
    Looks like (from the 360 view and photos) we now would have to upgrade to the Ocean Verandah Suite because Couples are using the same 360 view for both the Great House Verandah and the Garden Verandah Suites.

All other room types have their own 360 view so I am concerned that this is not an error or over site.
    Our concern is that our beloved Garden VS is now only available with the minty tiles.

Now with the room categories all being streamlined; we need to know have they been changed? Renovated or refurbished? If yes, in what ways?

What the difference? What should I know as a past traveller who already has clear expectations? The room type descriptions on this website are ambiguous.

This message board was so helpful when we planned the first trip!
    Thank you and much Respect in advance to anyone who can shed some light-
    Last edited by SeaSun; August 23rd, 2011 at 05:51 PM.
    SeaSunSky

Look at the Atruim Suite. No tv, in middle of resort, lots of lush green, terra cotta flooring, mini bar, and the only room with its own HAMMOCK!!!! IMHO the best rooms at CSA, but we would take any room as long as it is at CSA.

They added TV's and mini-bars to the Garden Suites and changed their name to Garden Verandah Suite. If you book a Garden Verandah Suite you will get a room that has terra cotta floors and lush gardens. Only the Great House Verandah Suites have the green tiled floors and the 360 pics should not be the same as the Garden Verandah Suites. Make sure to book a Garden Verandah Suite. If none of those are available, then try the Atrium Suite--it has the terra cotta floor and lush gardens also, but no TV. All rooms have mini-bars now at CSA. Have fun.

SeaSun~Both the original and the new section garden rooms are now called Garden Verandah Suites.We stayed in one of the Garden Verandah Suites that was originally a Garden Suite in July. They added mini bars, tvs and glass to the windows but no major changes were made to the room. They still have the terra cotta floor tiles . If you want one of the "original Garden Suites" just be sure to request it at check in. Thats what we did and the front desk was very helpful in getting us a room we loved. As long as there is one available it won't be a problem. Or.. as someone has already suggested, book an Atrium Suite. That way your guaranteed the style of room you want and in my opinion they're the best room at CSA. But shhh.. I wasn't going to praise the Atrium Suites anymore.. they're getting harder to book, thats why we had to stay in a GVS in July.I'm going to try to attach a pic of the Garden Verandah Suite we stayed in in July.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SeaSun - the old Garden Suites (in the original section of CSA) have been renamed Garden Verandah Suites, but if you want one of these, rather than a Garden Verandah Suite in the new section - ask for one with a shower. The suites in the new section have a bath with a shower over, those in the original section just have a large shower (no bath). The original section is more lush. Hope this helps.

Thank you everyone for responding
    You are all so wonderful!

I kind of figured that they were just upgrading the old Garden Suites to Garden Verandas.
    Which is wonderful! That settle that.

@mshell - your photo is very helpful because you were there last month. I will def. be requesting the older section! Thank you for that.

So, I know that the Great House used to be the only place with the green floors (we did no like staying here when we did). But on this very website they are using the same 360 view for both categories, the Great House and the Garden Verandas. This is not an error because Expedia and other websites show the same. I thought I new this hotel but I'm still worried. In the past it was always just the Great House that has green floors.

You know CSA is the greatest resort on the planet when....
    I can be this picky about something like the floor. I'm sure I would sound crazy (and laughable) to those who have not yet traveled to Swept Away, but I know you all "get me" and that's what I love about the clientele this brand attracts.

Has any one stayed in a GVS in the new section recently? That is where we stayed last time.
    SeaSunSky

Stayed in 2009, and 2010 in GVS both were awesome as you have said. The new section is nice one word of caution. The newer portion is towards Patios and that is where all the morning carts come from and you can hear them in the morning. I would book atrium suite puts you in old section and a little off the road from road noise. just my .02

The atriums are already sold for our dates so we have a Garden Veranda on hold.

Hopefully its just as I remember and if not Im bringing slippers or something just in case they have put in sticky green floors!

This website still shows the same 360 view for both GHVS and GVS so Im still confused and probably wont know until we get there.

Also, I wish they had slippers
    SeaSunSky