Default Best way to book a split trip

Well, the title pretty much speaks for itself. We're considering a 10-day split between CN and CSA. We've been to CN twice and can't stand the thought of diving without our favorite dive instructors in the Caribbean, but we wanna give CSA a shot, and a Trading Places day isn't gonna be long enough for us to truly experience a different resort. With that said, what is the best way to book a split? We're not keen on using an agent, so I guess the real question is whether or not people have had better success booking online thru the Couples website or over the phone?

First I would assume that you can do what you want equally as well online or on the phone. Sometimes it is just nice to have a person on the phone.

Second.... My TA has been a lifesaver in some situations and my prices on air and land rates have consistently been lower than what I could have found for myself for many years and I don't have to pay anything for this service. I know and have experienced the advantages of using an experienced and reliable travel agent but where I am stumped is where the the advantage is to not using one? Is this something that is the result of having used a bad TA at some point? There are many good and reliable TA's out there who are experience in dealing with just about any resort or airline you might need. Just be sure you shop around the rates and ask people who are happy with their TA who their TA is. Word of mouth makes or breaks a TA... as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    First I would assume that you can do what you want equally as well online or on the phone. Sometimes it is just nice to have a person on the phone.

Second.... My TA has been a lifesaver in some situations and my prices on air and land rates have consistently been lower than what I could have found for myself for many years and I don't have to pay anything for this service. I know and have experienced the advantages of using an experienced and reliable travel agent but where I am stumped is where the the advantage is to not using one? Is this something that is the result of having used a bad TA at some point? There are many good and reliable TA's out there who are experience in dealing with just about any resort or airline you might need. Just be sure you shop around the rates and ask people who are happy with their TA who their TA is. Word of mouth makes or breaks a TA... as it should.
    I appreciate the feedback. I've tested out a few TAs that were recommended by friends and colleagues, but I was always able to find the best deal on my own. I would love to contact your TA, if that's at all possible. My email is digdog2200@hotmail.com. Thanks!

I couldn't agree with rhallva more......

I am super anal, have the time to search out rates, am a great shopper (read CHEAP), but my TA seems to always beat everything that I can find and/or gets much better flight schedules, seats, etc. I also like the security of that "what if" scenario pops up, having some kind of advocate is key. So even if you are paying the same or a tiny bit more, to have that not having to worry factor is worth it and then some in my book. Peace of mind is a rare commodity and TA's provide it for a pretty good discount ;-)

So that would be my vote.....try out a TA and see what you find. Feel free to PM me for the name of mine if you would like!
    Team Leegion

Can a TA take advantage of "Wednesday Specials" for you?

Quote Originally Posted by lowelyisland View Post
    Can a TA take advantage of "Wednesday Specials" for you?
    Yes... Our did. And she also got us cheaper flights!!!

To update, we didn't end up booking a split trip, just stuck with 10 days @ CN! I did, however, use a travel agent for the first time. As it turned out, our vacation club has a travel agency, and they saved us $300 on our trip and we have $300 in credits to use toward our next trip. Needless to say, I've definitely come around on the travel agent thing!

I've called the Couples travel people and booked the rooms through them with no problems. Then I would purchase my flights on-line. Haven't had them book the flights because I'm usually still watching prices.