Default Reggae Marathon Road Closure???

I just realized from another post that we'll be arriving at CSA on December 3rd, the morning of the Reggae Marathon. Does anyone know if we'll have any problems getting into CSA at around 11:00am? It'd be a bummer if I have to spend time on my birthday waiting to drink my first hummingbird on the beach until after lunch. I know, I'll be in Jamaica and a small inconvience like this should have me saying..."No problem Mon!" or "Irie Mon!". Thanks in advance to any anyone who has any information..
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I"m also interested to hear if anyone has had difficulty getting to CSA from the airport before noon the day of the marathon.My husband and I have arrived at CSA a number of times the morning of the marathon(before 11)and never had a problem, but we usually come from the cliff area (normally stay on the cliffs a few nights first). Our taxi driver did tell us that if we were stopped because of the marathon to say that we were headed to the airport and would miss our flight if we were held up. lol
    I am a little concerned that it may be more of an issue coming from the airport direction, since the only time I can remember seeing runners was on our first trip. We took airlink from CTI so we landed at the airstrip near CN. Of course a taxi driver there was able to get us to CSA, but I"m not really sure if he was suppose to be on the road. It seemed to me that it was the tail end of the marathon, just wish I could remember what time it was.
    I love our early arrival on Caribbean Air and I will admit that I will be anxious to get to CSA as SOON as possible! Once I step foot in the lobby thats when I fall into the "no problem" mind.

I just took a look at the Reggae Marathon website. Says the road is closed from 3:30 to 12;30. If your coming from Montego Bay you're advised to reroute thru Savanna La Mar. Hmmm anyone remember taking a different route on race day? Guess it all depends on what time the shuttle leaves the airport as to whether its worth it or not to take the other route. I may just take the puddle jumper again and walk to CSA from the negril airstrip! Just kidding.. well... if it wasn't for the luggage I"d be tempted. lol

Steve,

We ran the Reggae Marathon last year and the road was closed early in the morning for the race (which started at 5:30am) but I believe it was open again long before 11am.

I bet you will be OK by 11am. I am jealous, our flight does not get in this year till 3:00!!! I guess this is the bad part about a regional airport in flyover country.

Default Shuttles

All, no need to worry about the Reggae Marathon. The shuttles are allowed on route. We always leave on the morning of the marathon and never have any issues. We leave a little bit earlier but no big deal. You shouldn't have any issues getting to CSA.

We were returning to the airport, from CSA, last December on the morning of the marathon. Instead of traveling the usual route, the bus went through the middle of the country, over the mountainous roads. It takes a bit longer on that route, so we had to leave the resort about an hour earlier than we normally would have left. It was great to see the interior of the country, the scenery was beautiful all along the route. The road is very twisty and hilly, however, so we suggest you get a seat at or near the front of the bus to avoid any motion sickness, especially if you are prone to that sort of thing. I would expect that the trip from the airport to the resort would travel that same route.
    (Karen&Paul)

Wow I feel much better now that the consensus is that we won't have a problem getting to CSA before lunch. Mshell it looks like we'll be on the same van that morning. We'll have two couples on the flight from NYC and another coming from Philly but they decided to save a few bucks and take a later flight.
    Bad move if you ask me not getting in some beach time before dinner. We took the later flight down last trip and didn't get to CSA until after dark. It's also lobster night and when sitting down to dinner at about 9:30pm they were running out and we only got one tail each. I'm not going to let that happen again. Tomorrow starts the 100 day countdown. Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    We were returning to the airport, from CSA, last December on the morning of the marathon. Instead of traveling the usual route, the bus went through the middle of the country, over the mountainous roads. It takes a bit longer on that route, so we had to leave the resort about an hour earlier than we normally would have left. It was great to see the interior of the country, the scenery was beautiful all along the route. The road is very twisty and hilly, however, so we suggest you get a seat at or near the front of the bus to avoid any motion sickness, especially if you are prone to that sort of thing. I would expect that the trip from the airport to the resort would travel that same route.

Hi KarenON! We were on that same bus! (or another one that morning). I loved the bus ride through the interior. It was awesome!!! BUT others in our group did not and felt a little carsick before it was all over. Because of that we extended our stay for an extra day this year, just to leave on Sunday instead of Saturday. It was all the excuse we needed.

We're flying out of Phila but I"m pretty sure the NY and Phila flights land around the same time. See you on the shuttle!
    I"m also excited to see that 100 day on my countdown..Double digits after that!