Thread: Newbies!!

Hybrid View

Default Newbies!!

Hello my fiance and I will be at CTI in a couples weeks for our honeymoon. Will anyone and everyone share your thoughts about the Do's and Dont's, Must sees, or tips to make our trip extra special?

THANKS!

Sure,

We have been twice & just booked our 3rd trip. Needless today, I frequent the message board alot after we book because I'm so excited.

Do: Take the tour of the resort...we never did either time & didn't know little details like where the activity board is so we never knew what was going on during the day & night except through hearsay.

Do: try all the restaurants & the buffet if you can. They are all so different & the food is fantastic. Some of my favorties: the calamari, ice cream, jerk chicken & pork @ the grill, the fruit juice of the day @ the veggie bar...one day it was h20 melon juice, I drank like 7 glasses of it. The appetizer platter @ the Asian restaurant, this time when I go, I am going to order one for me & one for my boyfriend...Gala night @ the buffet, I felt spoiled rotten eating that night. Also, the steak & salad @ 8 rivers.

Do: try the hot tubs @ night, you might have them all to yourself.
    Do: see the steel drummers, & the beach party entertainment
    Do: try the chocolate croissants, I ate 3 (they are kind of small) on my way to the airport going home

Do: partake in some of the free excursions they offer. We have visited 4 other resorts in Jamaica, they do not have free shuttles to downtown Ocho Rios & Island village, Free shuttle & entrance into Margaritaville, free Dunn's river, free catamaran cruise with tasty rum punch, free scuba

Also, I think they have good champagne, & a very friendly & helpful staff

I have no don'ts, its your vacation!

One love

I'd also suggest signing up ahead of time for Romance Rewards and thus have at least the option of doing a trading places with CSS for a day. (You may decide not to go, but at least then it's up to you.)

I'd also say Dunn's Rivers is a must-do if you've not been before. Ask the concierge if there's a day when a cruise ship is not in port (to avoid crowds), perhaps purchase water shoes ahead of time (cheap, cheap, cheap at Wal-Mart or the like), and try to remember to exit the Falls through the entrance (so you're not herded into the craft market and can avoid the high-pressure vendors).