Default Best Excursions to do at CN????

Our first trip to Jamaica and we are staying at CN the end of October. Trying to narrow down excurstions to do - if anyone has any advice on which ones we should definatly do, please let us know.

Right now we are looking at:

Bellefield Great House, Rick's Cafe, Bamboo River Rafting, Jungle River Tubing, Ultimate Kayak Adventure, Zipline Canopy, ATV Safari and South Coast River, Rum & Falls Tour.

Please help to narrow down

Thanks!!
    Last edited by drjaz; August 26th, 2011 at 04:19 PM.

We felt that the best excursion was from our room down to the beautiful beach

Mayfield Falls, ask Andre (Longback) the cigar cigarette guy on the beach you know ITS GONNA BE HOT HOT HOT! He took us there and to Percy's retreat it was fantastic, real Jamaica!!!!! Tell him Spike (16) and Doc sent you to him.

relax, blaze, watch sunset rinse and repeat
    then for a change of pace walk the length of long bay
    you are in negril so for your first trip why not drink in what negril is known for

Here’s a post about the Black River/YS Falls/Appleton Estate Tour and Cosmo’s:

"Try the Black River Safari/YS Falls/Appleton Estate tour. We took it from CN 3 yrs ago. It was only $95/pp and totally worth it. You travel along the southern coast thru a few towns to the town of Black River. First is the river safari, which is pretty cool, and you eat lunch at a local cafe right there. Then you travel into the hills to YS Falls, which is absolutely beautiful, and finally to Appleton Estate, the rum distillery. You get to see a wide variety of the Jamaican countryside, far away from all the hotels and mega-resorts, but you are only in the van for maybe a total of 4 hours all day. I've heard that the Dunn's tour is about 3-4 hours one way and is NOT worth the long drive from Negril. I've been told to save that tour for an Ocho Rios trip.

If you just want some killer Jamaican food off-site, but close to CSA, you have to try Cosmo's. We went there with 3 or 4 other couples and had a blast. Plus, the food is AWESOME. I had the curried goat, even though the others shied away, and it was incredible. They also have a great selection of fresh seafood and many other Jamaican dishes. It is only a 5 min ride south of CN."

Probably wouldn't consider Rick's an excursion, but you could definitely go for a sunset.

I did some research on the zipline canopy tour and here's that post:

"We are planning on doing this in Nov, while we're at CN. I called Chukka Caribbean and they said the closest zipline to Negril is the Montpelier Jungle Outpost, which is south of MoBay in the hills. It is 1hr 20mins from CN, so about the same from CSA. The experience lasts about 2hrs. The cost is $90pp, which includes transportation from the resort, and you can get more info on their website. If you do this one, please post a review when you get back. Have fun on your trip!"

hire a personal driver head to mayfield falls only abt 40 min away then go to whitehouse (small fishing village) or bluefield beach then have the driver take you too the lighthouse (just past ricks) then on to ricks for the sunset then back all in a dayyoull be able to stop wherever you like for food drinks etc and really get to see Jamaica
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Wow, hope you aren't going to try to do all of those things! Just relax and let the sand gravity take over. Don't "overplan" your trip to paradise. Let things happen as they happen...Take advantage of the resort activities. That's my best advice. And one more thing, go for an early morning run on the beach. or a walk. Just get your day started right to help absorb all those extra calories..!! Don't be afraid to take a little snooze in the afternoon, to get you energized for the night!
    Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by randi&sherri View Post
    hire a personal driver head to mayfield falls only abt 40 min away then go to whitehouse (small fishing village) or bluefield beach then have the driver take you too the lighthouse (just past ricks) then on to ricks for the sunset then back all in a dayyoull be able to stop wherever you like for food drinks etc and really get to see Jamaica
    Great idea!

Does anyone know what watersports are included at CN??