Thread: Cats?

Default Cats?

Trying to see if anyone who has recently been to CSS has had problems with stray cats all over the place? I read a TripAdvisor review which made it sound it like they were all over the place and in the eating areas and such? I know tripadvisor can sometimes be accurate and sometimes not so that's why I'm seeking a little more trust worthy source.

Yes, there are cats. Not all over the place. They do wander into the open air restaurant. If you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

I like the cats.

There were certainly a few more than last year. We stayed in B block and there were 4 adult cats and 4 kittens around all the time.

I would rather have the cats than mice and rats! Ignore the cats and they get the idea!!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014
    CSS October 2016 SOON COME!

Quote Originally Posted by ChapnDenise View Post
    Trying to see if anyone who has recently been to CSS has had problems with stray cats all over the place? I read a TripAdvisor review which made it sound it like they were all over the place and in the eating areas and such? I know tripadvisor can sometimes be accurate and sometimes not so that's why I'm seeking a little more trust worthy source.
    Hi ChapnDenise, I understand how concerned you might be, but try not to take Tripadvisor so seriously. Some folks will complain about anything.....I imagine if you hate cats, then cats might annoy you. I happen to like cats, but I really like how they help keep any rodent populations under control!!! CSS is a lush property spread out over approximately 40 acres and a few cats have a lot of room to explore. Of course they hang out where the food is being served because visitors keep feeding them. In the afternoons, you will find them laying around in the shade, but it is not like the 101 Dalmatians movie where you can't get away from all those puppies.
    It is funny in that review, that they claim to be many time repeaters to the resort, but this time are upset about cats and towels....my first visit to CSS was in 2012 and there have always been cats on the property. They also complained about management "letting" guests feed them.....seriously??? Now we should have management running around to keep everyone from feeding them?? To me, that sounds like a waste of managements time. Additionally, these are open air spaces, it is not like cats are wandering around in the restaurant buildings...if the cats annoy you, go inside to eat as that is an easy option.

Lastly, take deeps breaths and do not take social media reports so seriously. I read Tripadvisor every morning just for personal amusement and the vast majority of the reviews are very positive....which makes negative complaints a little suspect....I completely understand that sometimes things do not go as planned and can have a negative impact on your vacation, but ultimately your vacation is what you make it. You have a vacation in paradise planned....you will love it!

Bert, I completely agree....I like the cats.
    Last edited by JEANNEW; April 29th, 2016 at 05:52 PM.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014
    CSS October 2016 SOON COME!

JEANNEW... Great post!!!
    Yes there are some cats, however, there are no rats as a result of the cats. Good trade of IMO.

We were at CSS last October and I was sitting on the main beach facing away from the water. A cat came along and dug a hole by a tree, did its thing, covered it back up, and moved on. I guess nature even calls in paradise. Sorry, not a fan of cats, or dogs, at resorts.

Life is good

I was just mainly wondering if ithere was a cat or two here and there or like cats at every turn, I just wouldn't want to be having dinner and have cats all around wanting food is all I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNEW View Post
    I would rather have the cats than mice and rats! Ignore the cats and they get the idea!!
    Okay not a cat fan myself and I do hear this particular bit from all those who "love" the cats. Let me say this, In my humble opinion these cats get fed way to much to ever bother chasing a mouse or a rat. For a very long time there were no cats at CN....but I never saw a mouse or a rat either. Now there are cats there as well.

People feed the cats from their tables and the cats actively beg for food whether you ignore them or not. I saw one very pregnant cat as well so there will be more. If I visited a friend who had cats beg for food at the table or, as I've seen pictures, roaming around on counter tops I wouldn't return. I do return to Couples and shoo them away for my wife (Who is allergic). I will never return to CSA (Many more there) due to very bad experiences there with stray cats and dogs. Just remember, sand is the ideal medium for cats and dogs to do their "business."

We just returned 2 days ago from CSS and there was a family of about 6 cats/kittens that seem to reside by the Pallazina restaurant. They were so sweet and fun to watch and didn't bother you. There were people that fed them scraps (I was guilty of that a couple of times) but even when I did that, they didn't hang around too much. I agree, if they get rid of the varmits around there, it's worth it. I'm a total dog person, but it actually made me less home sick for my fur babies having the cats around. I saw no cats around the rooms farther away from the food however. Don't let it sway you one way or the other, all good

We enjoy the cats, and we are not "cat people". They are not a nuisance, I've never seen one in a restaurant...just outside, yes...but never in a restaurant. I have a severe cat allergy, so I don't touch them. My friends and husband pat them (the ones that will come close enough).

Seeing this thread just made my day! I'm going to miss my cat, aka my hairy baby, during our stay so having some cats around will actually be quite nice! Plus dinner wont feel normal for me unless there's a cat by my feet, begging me for some food with their 'Puss in Boots' eyes haha

There are also birds!!! And fishes in the water!!!

We saw a few cats at CSS in April. They didn't bother us, we didn't bother them. Then there was the peacock. Yes, peacock. LOUD peacock who decided our patio was a great place to hang out. Yes, they're beautiful. Yes, Mr. And Mrs. Tourist, you ARE disturbing us by coming up onto our patio while we're trying to sit out there and relax. No. I do not wish to be in your peacock photos. Yes, we paid a lot of money for our room, too...so yes, we'd like the same privacy you would.

Sorry for the peacock rant.... The cats are cute