Thread: Sup

Default Sup

Hi Everyone,
    I'm coming to CN next week and was wondering if anyone plans to do any SUP(Stand Up Paddle)

We will not be there next week, but we've done SUP at CN. It was great.

There are 2 boards (or there were this Feb. at least).

The weather conditions can change of course, but often the water is much calmer in the early morning - it can be incredibly flat in the early AM with almost no waves and no wind (also the pesky jet ski vendors show up later - for some inexplicable-to-me reason the only place the jet skis come to shore is the very same place that CN watersports puts out to sea, and some/most of them are not particularly courteous about their wakes to people on SUP, Hobie Cat, windsurf, etc.).

One tip: on many days the current and wind flow from the North toward the South (standing on the beach and looking out at the middle of the bay you are looking slightly North of due West). The wind (and to some extent the current) obviously can change but this is the predominant condition at Bloody Bay, so it can be advisable to immediately go toward the North (against the wind/current) once you clear the buoy roped area so that you can coast back to shore if tired.

If you're experienced with SUP obviously you don't need this advice but we saw a couple on SUPs go South when they set out and it took an hour or so for them to fight their way back to shore.

You should call the 800# and ask, but last Nov, they didn't have paddleboards at CN.

I can confirm they have them, I saw them being used yesterday!

Rudi, not coming next week? We thought you might suprise us! We are actually on the plane right now heading to CSS via BWI then on to CN. There's still time! Wazsup is our good friend and 1st timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_and_Patti View Post
    Rudi, not coming next week? We thought you might suprise us! We are actually on the plane right now heading to CSS via BWI then on to CN. There's still time! Wazsup is our good friend and 1st timer.
    Hi G&P - sorry we'll miss you this trip, but it is not too much longer until it is our time.
    Enjoy CSS and CN and let us know what's new, please.