Default Best off-site excursions?

Last time we were there we did absolutely nothing at all but lay on the beach, eat, and relax. This time around we would like to try an excursion or two. Which ones did you enjoy the most?? We'll be at CSA, but don't mind spending some time on a bus/taxi to ride somewhere fun.

Thanks!

Go to the beach and face that gorgeous sea. Turn left and start walking, and have wonderful adventure.

Get a Taxi to the cliffs, and ask to not go to Rick's. (note: there is nothing wrong with Rick's. It's just almost everyone has been there once' and many times only once.)

If you are there in late November, go visit the Pelican Bar with us.

Here is a post I wrote last year:

Try the Black River Safari/YS Falls/Appleton Estate tour. We took it from CN 3 yrs ago. It was only $95/pp and totally worth it. You travel along the southern coast thru a few towns to the town of Black River. First is the river safari, which is pretty cool, and you eat lunch at a local cafe right there. Then you travel into the hills to YS Falls, which is absolutely beautiful, and finally to Appleton Estate, the rum distillery. You get to see a wide variety of the Jamaican countryside, far away from all the hotels and mega-resorts, but you are only in the van for maybe a total of 4 hours all day. I've heard that the Dunn's tour is about 3-4 hours one way and is NOT worth the long drive from Negril. I've been told to save that tour for an Ocho Rios trip.

If you just want some killer Jamaican food off-site, but close to CSA, you have to try Cosmo's. We went there with 3 or 4 other couples and had a blast. Plus, the food is AWESOME. I had the national dish, curried goat, even though the others shied away, and it was incredible. They also have a great selection of fresh seafood and many other Jamaican dishes. It is only a 5 min ride south of CN, so it should only be about 3 mins north of CSA.

Chukka coves has tons of excursions there...you drive to their ranch & they have ATV 4 wheeling, horse back riding, zip lining, Bob Marley tour (long trip), dune buggies, cliff jumping, you have to book in advance...when you get to your Couples resort, I suggest seeing a travel rep, look through the books, pic what you like but always take advantage of what the resort offers in your package as well!

One love

Spiff542: We'll be there from Nov 16-23. We'd surely join the PB trip if our travels coincide.

Dank120: Black River Safari/YS Falls/Appleton Estate tour sounds awesome. Do I book that thru the CSA resort or a 3rd party vendor?? We'll try to hit the Cosmo's too... We love good food!

Keep the suggestions coming...

Thanks all!

dank is right about the walk to Cosmo's from SweptAway... just walk to the beach, turn right and walk across the mega "B" resort next door and you will be at Cosmo's. Try the conch soup at lunch! Also, don't be afraid to do a bit of shopping for gifts, tees, souveniers, etc....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by SiMistress View Post
    Spiff542: We'll be there from Nov 16-23. We'd surely join the PB trip if our travels coincide.

Dank120: Black River Safari/YS Falls/Appleton Estate tour sounds awesome. Do I book that thru the CSA resort or a 3rd party vendor?? We'll try to hit the Cosmo's too... We love good food!

Keep the suggestions coming...

Thanks all!
    We booked BR/YS/AE trip thru the Couples tour desk, which made it super easy. And, on another note regarding Cosmo's, although I was searching out the authentic Jamaican fare, the rest of the group ordered seafood, which is one of the specialties here, and they all loved it.

Chukka Horseback Riding & Canopy Tour Zip Lines...also Parasail with Elvis at CSA

Swept Away Nov/Dec 08'
    Swept Away Jun 10'
    Swept Away Oct 11'
    Swept Away Jun 15'
    (Long time coming after vacationing in 8 other countries...it's time to return home)!

Where is the Pelican Bar from CSA and can you tell me a little bit about it? Thanks!

The Pelican Bar is in the sea between Black River and Treasure Beach. You actually can see it on Google Earth. I've heard of people doing the Black River Safari, then heading over to the Pelican Bar. You have to find a boat to take you there and you generally pay about $10 to $20 per person for the boat ride. It's literally a wooden shanty on stilts that sits out in some shallow water. Black River is about 90mins from Negril along the South Coast.

Mayfield falls.