Hybrid View

Default Dreams really do come true!!!!

Can friends really read your heart? I am convinced they can!

It has been a horrible year, lost my job of 20 years, adult kid problems, well you get the general idea.

3 friend of mine and I who have been friends since 7th grade did Cancun for our 40th birthdays as a girls trip. We decided to do something for our 50th in 2010. We started a "fund" two years ago putting payments in every month. I was pushing for the guys to go too, we wanted to go somewhere none of us had been before, which as you can imagine was difficult. I researched and researched and we had pretty much decided on Punta Cana. 2 of the 3 friends had been with us our first trip to CN in 06, so Jamaica was a place we had all been...... It did not qualify.

We met last week to make a final decision as to whether our husbands would join us and where we were going. All of a sudden, Mary says to us all......."I know we were hellbent on a place none of us have been before BUT I really liked Jamaica and would not mind going back". My friend Deb quickly agreed, and said I loved the place, the service, the food, and Mary said and the premium liquor....lol.... of course they were referring to Couples Negril. Nancy the friend who has not been said, all I have done is listen to you all for years rant and rave so I'm in.....I just started laughing.. Then they said "Would you mind going back"???? I was rolling with tears in my eyes at that point!!!!!

I said if you loved CN, then trust me and try CSS you will love it too, I explained CSS a bit and they quickly said "done deal". I sat there with my jaw to the floor.......... Called Tommy and called Renee and said.......start thinking about it, will not be complete without you!

Trip number 4 to Couples here I come!!!!!! Mary I love you I love you I love you!!!! I really feel she read my heart as to what I need right now to make me smile and to give me something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzambo View Post
    Can friends really read your heart? I am convinced they can!

It has been a horrible year, lost my job of 20 years, adult kid problems, well you get the general idea.

3 friend of mine and I who have been friends since 7th grade did Cancun for our 40th birthdays as a girls trip. We decided to do something for our 50th in 2010. We started a "fund" two years ago putting payments in every month. I was pushing for the guys to go too, we wanted to go somewhere none of us had been before, which as you can imagine was difficult. I researched and researched and we had pretty much decided on Punta Cana. 2 of the 3 friends had been with us our first trip to CN in 06, so Jamaica was a place we had all been...... It did not qualify.

We met last week to make a final decision as to whether our husbands would join us and where we were going. All of a sudden, Mary says to us all......."I know we were hellbent on a place none of us have been before BUT I really liked Jamaica and would not mind going back". My friend Deb quickly agreed, and said I loved the place, the service, the food, and Mary said and the premium liquor....lol.... of course they were referring to Couples Negril. Nancy the friend who has not been said, all I have done is listen to you all for years rant and rave so I'm in.....I just started laughing.. Then they said "Would you mind going back"???? I was rolling with tears in my eyes at that point!!!!!

I said if you loved CN, then trust me and try CSS you will love it too, I explained CSS a bit and they quickly said "done deal". I sat there with my jaw to the floor.......... Called Tommy and called Renee and said.......start thinking about it, will not be complete without you!

Trip number 4 to Couples here I come!!!!!! Mary I love you I love you I love you!!!! I really feel she read my heart as to what I need right now to make me smile and to give me something to look forward to.
    glad to hear ... one happiness is controlled by one's self

Marie(Mzambo)..Aren't friends wonderful?
    Peggy and I are very happy for all of you.
    CSS is a wonderful resort.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; October 6th, 2009 at 03:26 PM.

So glad you are getting to head back. Congrats!!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

How wonderful!!! So glad you get to come back home. Sounds like it is just what you need! I hope your trip is amazing.
    Kristen

Very Happy for You! ENJOY!!!

Good choice, We went to CSA 1st (2007) then to Punta Cana (2008)for my niece's wedding. Found I was comparing everything with CSA. Punta could not even come close to Jamaica, or the service at Couples. Went back to CSA 2009 and booked CSA again for 2010. Guess I'm hooked.

Mzambo
    I loved your story. My friends think we are crazy for going back to Couples year after year but we know what they don't know. It is the ultimate vacation. Words do not explain.

I am still in awe!!!! My TA is out of town till next Thurs, we will book it then, and then I will set up my countdown clock. When I find a job I will simply say with or without pay need these dates off.......

I knew the 4 of them liked CN, but I guess I did not realize how much!!!! We were serious about a resort in Punta Cana, and Mary did NOT like the size of it at all!!! I think that was the dealbreaker for her, she just said I really liked JA and everything about the resort including the size. So there are times when size does matter for the opposite reason, bigger is NOT always better....lol

So trip 4 for us, trip 2 for Deb and Mary, and the virgin voyage for Nancy!!!!

I am so excited I can't even stand it!!!!!!!!

TomandPam,

Thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me I don't feel like I am missing a thing. We did Puerto Vallarta a month after CSS in 08 with our daughter, she was so sick of us comparing everything to Couples, we had to make a real effort to knock it off....lol

Woo-hoo!!! I don't post much lately, but saw your message and had to respond---what wonderful news, Marie!! Your friends must be cool (present company included glad to hear they are up for a Couples adventure, and that you and Dino are able to make it happen!! I know it has been too long for you guys! Savor it and enjoy, you both deserve it!! Luv, your Michigan Par-Tay Pal

Hey Trish,

Thanks for the well wishes, if you hear of anyone hiring, let me know......

Do you have any trips in the works?

Marie what are your dates in April?We will be at CTI April 11-23rd so perhaps if our dates coincide we can meet up on a trading places day.It would be great to see you guys again!!!We leave for Negril in 23 days.Can't wait!!!

Hey Diane,

YAY!!!! Yep it will work we are looking at 4/17-24. Look on the Jerk thread I do believe there is a pic of you there...lol
    Maybe you guys can give us the tour of CTI including the island!

We'll talk way before then!

Default Yeah!

Yeah, hooray, terrific!

Great the way things work out...so happy for you. Let the countdown begin!
    ~Lisa
    Once you choose hope, anything is possible.