Thread: zip line

Default zip line

Has anyone been to the zipline canapoy tours? We will be in CSS in one month for our honeymoon and we are thinking about trying it. Also how long does the Dunns River Falls tour take? I see that the bus departs CSS at 10 when does it return?

We did the zip line in November 2009. With viator. Chukka tours. Was a great time and still consider it one of the best tours we've done at a resort. Be sure to wear proper running shoes.
    Also did the Dunns River, booked with the resort, I can't recall what time we got back to the resort, but it's important to book both tours on dates when the cruise ships are not in port.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfun View Post
    ... it's important to book both tours on dates when the cruise ships are not in port...
    Will the staff know the dates when the cruise ships are not in?

We did the canopy tour at CTI a few years ago and it still is the best tour we every did!! We loved it!

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

I have been reading a ton of these boards and have seen everyone mention the cruise boats are not at Dunn's on Sundays - so that would be your best bet.
    Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
    Will the staff know the dates when the cruise ships are not in?
    There is a link to the cruise ships which shows which days they are in OR port. Avoid those days for any off-resort excursions (except the shopping tour and golf). I'll have a look for the link (or search "cruise schedule" and find where someone else has posted it).

Name:  R1-11A_0001.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  42.4 KBName:  R1- 9A_0001.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  64.8 KB

Hi, I think I uploaded images for you to see of Dunn's falls & ziplining.

Zipling: wear longer shorts & a great pair of hiking or tennis shoes...If you are only zipling, go through a ziplining co. like Chukka Coves. We did! There were about 12 drops, 2 are straight down repelling. You will hike for about a half an hour into the mountains. It is super beautiful, lush, like jungle...I highly reccomend, what a rush.

Dunn's River:
    I have done Dunn's 3 times & all 3 were with cruise ships in dock. You have to wait longer to climb & to take pics, but I thought it was safer that way and more fun. It took 2.5 hours. Wear water shoes. Underneath the water, there is alot of grooves & edges that can cut you.

Hope this helps...One love

your pictures were awesome and we are so excited to try the zip line thanks for the information everyone

We did the zipline with the tubing combo and had a blast. we just did it in July. We went on Friday when the cruise ships arent in and had no problems.
    driveindou

Here is a video I made of one of the several zip lines you travel across so you can get a feel of what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3L11H796o