Default CSA - Patois Patio: Reservations Required???

I just read on a recent TA review that reservations are now required at Patios. There have been no changes, however, to the description on the Swept Away section of the website. I am thinking they just got the names of the restaurants confused. Can someone confirm this?

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

They do this almost every fall (Hurricane season). I am guessing it is used to gauge the number of people eating at Patios to manage the food and labor costs more efficiently during periods of lower occupancy. That is is just my guess.

Patios always seems to come out of "reservations needed" mode every year in late November or early December. Sometimes later in December.

Because ( *I think*) it helps them control costs and reduces food waste I believe we should view it as a good thing.

This would be news... I suspect it is NOT the case. I'm mostly wary when I see this kind of thing on TA... they are not very well moderated, and often times some rather questionable reviews and comments find their way into their discussions, usually from competing companies.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Don't have any personal experience lately but I've never heard of reservations being required at Patois Patio. Even so, when CSA is booked solid like the week we went after the Reggae Marathon in 2008 there were only a few nights when we didn't just walk right in to be seated. As far as reviews on TA goes, I never read them. I was reading them before that trip and people were complaining about mildew in the rooms and the staff in the restaurants being unprofessional. Kinda freaked me out and I even spoke to my travel agent about it. She calmed me down and our trip was awesome! Our OVS was spotless and the waiters and waitresses were quiet and reserved until we started interacting with them. Then they were more relaxed and their true Jamaican personalities showed through their big smiles. Enjoy your trip and remember..."No problem Mon!" 96 days till our trip Home to CSA!

It depends on the time of year. When they were at a very low occupancy during the off season they were doing reservations. You could get reservations for that night though.

No reservations required at Patios...only at Feathers...

Saw the review too, as of June 16 2011, NO reservations were need for Patios. I hope they havent changed this, we hate reservations that would mean we have to plan and get a wacth while on vacation. lol

We were just at CSA and Patois is listed as needing reservations. We made reservations for all three places either the day before or the day of and had no problem getting any time we wanted.

Last September when we were at CSA you had to make a reservation for Patois. They said this was due to the fact that it was the off-season and they wanted to be able to staff adequately. It really wasn't a big deal. We were able to get the time we wanted with out an issue. We even ended up changing our reservation from 2 to 4 upon arrival one night because we had some friends that wanted to sit with us. At that time it was just a temporary thing until they got busier, and that's probably how it is now.

Hi aurxdoc05.
    I think you're right and they've mixed up the restaurant names. Reservations have never been needed for Patois. Can someone there currently or there recently confirm?
    Cheers,
    Terri

We are here now at CSA and yes you will need reservations for Patois Patio for dinner.

no they are not required. you can make them if you want to, but they will seat you without them.

this has happened before. usually during off peak times. it just depends how many folks are at the resort when you are there.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Default Yes you need a reservation

Just returned from CSA 8/18 - 8/28 and yes you need a reservation at Patoi''s, Feathers and Lemon Grass. The only resteraunt not requiring reservations is the Palms.

We were told reservations for Patoi's was required due to the small volume of guests. This was our 9th trip to Couples and the first time you needed reservations for Patoi's.

For those who do not know, Patoi's is the open air resteraunt located below the Great House and has brick over Pizza. We ate there twice.

Well, given that someone AT SweptAway is saying that reservations are required (or perhaps appreciated?) at Patois, we have to take them at their word. Even so, I find it a bit of a curiosity, and if Couples' intention is to gauge staffing requirements, I guess that makes sense. I'm just surprised, since A) I've never known this to be the case; and B) it's something that has never been posted on the website before.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

You need reservations for Lemongrass too.

Default brawd

here now, and we were told to make reservations for dinner only. This is slow season and if they are not busy though, you could probably get in, no problem mon!! have fun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Well, given that someone AT SweptAway is saying that reservations are required (or perhaps appreciated?) at Patois, we have to take them at their word. Even so, I find it a bit of a curiosity, and if Couples' intention is to gauge staffing requirements, I guess that makes sense. I'm just surprised, since A) I've never known this to be the case; and B) it's something that has never been posted on the website before.
    Chris, mi fren this issue was discussed last year on the message board. it was a short lived thread and i believe Randymon replied to it stating occupancy was the motivation for the change.

once more folks were at the resort the normal no reservation were back in effect.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We just got back Saturday night and the others are right. Also, this was the case last year, and was discussed on the board last year. In the info pack you receive upon check-in, it states that reservations are required at Feathers, Lemongrass, and Patois. I didn't realize it until we arrived the first night and they asked if we had reservations. We did not but were seated anyway. No worries ....
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Patois is my favorite restaurant at CSA, so reservations or no reservations required, we will be there! For those who have been during times where reservations are required, is it only for dinner or for lunch/breakfast also? No worries either way...just curious. 34 more sleeps until I get some yummy soup, 35 more sleeps until I get some banana stuffed french toast!!!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Quote Originally Posted by aurxdoc05 View Post
    Patois is my favorite restaurant at CSA, so reservations or no reservations required, we will be there! For those who have been during times where reservations are required, is it only for dinner or for lunch/breakfast also? No worries either way...just curious. 34 more sleeps until I get some yummy soup, 35 more sleeps until I get some banana stuffed french toast!!!
    Just dinner while we were there .....
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!