Default suggestions on JA while pregnant?

I'm going to CN oct 2-9 and will be just getting out of my first trimester. I have been to CN before and am familiar with the resort but have not been there while pregnant. Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping myself and the baby healthy while travelling?

Do whatever you normally do, including abstaining from alcohol... I'm not sure how you feel about that... but you did ask.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I went to CSS 7 months pregnant and had a blast! I gained 8 pounds that week! The only thing my OB warned me about was swimming in the ocean because sharks can smell babies...ha! Have a great time!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Keep hydrated, that is important lots of water and you know their water is good!! Healthy choices in eating also.

Ralph & Roberta
    Syracuse, NY
    COR 9/1982, CTI 9/2007, CTI 9/2009, CTI 9/2011

I went to Jamaica when I was 14 weeks pregnant. I would add watch your sun exposure - I never burn but got bright red while I was preggers. Personally I was much more sensitive to the sun.

Amy

Hi and congratulations,
    I'm a midwife in the UK and I would definately make sure you avoid dehydration. Foodwise we generally advise to avoid any foods that could cause a stomach upset such as shellfish and runny eggs. Don't forget if you have a steak to have it well done.
    Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise while you are pregnant, so even better in the Caribbean!
    Most importantly relax and have fun your next vacation will be quite different
    Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by cuse View Post
    Keep hydrated, that is important lots of water and you know their water is good!! Healthy choices in eating also.
    That's what I was going to say. Drink a lot of water!

Is this your first baby? It's so very easy to get dehydrated while pregnant and the heat doesn't help. I found that I got seasick while I was pregnant even though I don't normally. Ginger really helps with nausea. I would buy ginger bread cookies from the grocery store and snack on those when I was sick to my stomach and it really helped. Preggie pops have ginger and those help too. Ginger is nature's anti-nausea medication. That's why everyone says to drink a ginger ale when you are sick. Peppermint can also help.

I was at CSS while pregnant and I had a bunch of deserts, smoothies, and virgin drinks to help with the no alcohol. Drink lots of water as has been said.

Enjoy the food, the staff were great to me while I was there.