Default CN - Room advice

I am confused about which room to book. Does anyone have opinions on the following:
    Deluxe Room Ocean View verses Deluxe Room Beachfront?

All of the rooms at CN are the same inside. The only difference is location and view. And, even the Deluxe Ocean rooms do not have a full view of the ocean and the Deluxe Beachfront rooms only have a side view of the beach and ocean. You will also find that you spend very little time in your room, so even a Deluxe Garden room is a fine choice. The resort is so small that location becomes a non-issue.

Still, we always get a Deluxe Beachfront. Here are the views from Building 6:

To the left with the Wedding gazebo in the center and building #8 behind (Buiding #8 has some of the Ocean View rooms)

Center across the natural pool with building #9 behind

To the right with the au natural beach behind the hedges on the left and the beach and ocean in the center

Now, the suites are a whole different story. They are all the same too, but are the same size as two of the regular rooms. The Beachfront Suites do have a full, straight-on view of the beach and ocean out the side window.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

The first year we were at CN, we opted for the Beachfront. It was really nice. However, we were in our room so seldom that since then, we have just taken a garden view. With the money we save, we get to stay an extra day! Fine tradeoff, I would say!

We agree with Bev, the rooms all look the same on the inside and we spend mininal time in them we opt for the Deluxe Garden room. This year we were able to upgrade to a Deluxe Ocean for free, next year we have Deluxe Garden

I think ours was an ocean view...room 9303.....awesome!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

We had a beachfront room (6306) and the only thing I would note is although all the rooms are the same, the beach front rooms are farthest from the road. I am a very light sleeper so the road noise would keep me up at night and we could not hear it at all from our room.

Amy

I would try NOT to get a room in building 8. They are pretty noisy due to the road being immediately behind that block of rooms.
    We enjoyed the views and privacy of building 9.

Thanks to all. Very helpful.

My wife and I always get the garden view room like everyone in here has said you spend so little time in your room I just don't feel like its worth the extra cash........Well I guess i need to say I sure wish I would have got a suite last year due to the fact we were there during tropical storm Nicole and I guess maybe the extra space would have been nice but hey under normal circustances there are really only 3 things your going to do in the room sleep.....shower......and well you guys can figure that one out on your own!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by E&D View Post
    I would try NOT to get a room in building 8. They are pretty noisy due to the road being immediately behind that block of rooms.
    We enjoyed the views and privacy of building 9.
    We were in Bldg 8 last year. I am a light sleeper myself, but I never heard any road noise. We did like our balcony view and the convenience to the AN beach. We're going to try to get bldg 8 again or 9 this year - 65 days!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I agree with JaniceK, we have been two years and the first year, I thought we would want building 6 or 9. We got 8 and said "OK let's look and see" We LOVED it. That is our favorite building. I don't notice the road noise at night or in the early morning. When we are sitting on the balcony, I don't find it to be an issue there either. I think it depends on the person. Of course, if people don't like it, it helps guarantee there will be room for us there!

You spend so little time in the room, I don't think it is a big issue anywhere, but honestly, building 8 has a beautiful view of the Koi pond and you get to see the weddings...and the view to the beach is great as well.

Being early risers, we really did spend more time in our room than many seem to. We were in a beachfront on the first floor. I would love to have this room every time. I enjoyed being able to just step off my veranda and walk right to the beach every morning. We had no foot traffic walking by. For us, we felt it was worth the upgrade.

I have never upgraded and always had a great view!

We have reservations for 02/23/13 in a deluxe beachfront room? After reading all the posts, it seems like building 6 or building 9 would be the building we want to be in. Does building 1 not house any deluxe beachfront rooms? Do you remember your building, room#? We would like to be close to the beach & pool with a view of beach/ocean. What do you suggest?

First 2 times, we stayed in Deluxe Ocean, last time stayed in Deluxe Garden, and will only stay in Deluxe Garden going forward. Plus, buildings 1-5 are closest to the Scuba shack!

Quote Originally Posted by boatdrinks View Post
    We have reservations for 02/23/13 in a deluxe beachfront room? After reading all the posts, it seems like building 6 or building 9 would be the building we want to be in. Does building 1 not house any deluxe beachfront rooms? Do you remember your building, room#? We would like to be close to the beach & pool with a view of beach/ocean. What do you suggest?
    CN is pretty small so you are never far from anything. The building closest to the beach, pool, and restaurants is Building 6. It is right beside the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    I think ours was an ocean view...room 9303.....awesome!
    That is a beachfront room. There is no category for ocean view rooms. They're ocean rooms and are primarily located in Buildings 7 and 8.
    Last edited by Pamela; August 19th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).