Default Ladies... I finally found it!

We've been to Couples 3 times now and it seems every trip I have a new hair "product" to combat the humidity in Jamaica. Honestly, nothing has worked so far but I do believe I have found it! I'm in Toronto and July and August are very humid. I tried a product called "3 Day Straight" by John Freida that I got at the drugstore. Amazing! I even went to the gym and worked out for 2.5 hours and my hair did not frizz or curl.
    I know this is often a topic on the board so I thought I would share!

I was wondering if the product actually worked. Something I've been using in my curly hair is Moroccianoil. It helps with drying time and frizzies.

----------
    Denielle
    Honeymooning at CTI - April 2012

There was a curly w/ gorgeous hair a couple of years ago when we were at CSA. She looked just like Rebeccas Gayheart...no kidding! I asked her what she used. She said Pantene Pro-V for curly hair. This stuff is now my holy grail! So awesome

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Thanks Marnies!!! Since I have naturally curly hair and the humidity makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do anything with, I will HAVE to try this product out!! Thanks again :0)

Thanks Marnies and that will be on my list to purchase now!!

Great! Thanks for the info! I also use this product also when I go to Jamaica, it really does save my hair from sun, salt and sand! I spray it in my hair every every morning before I go out in the sun. I usually reapply it at lunch time too. I would come home with hair so dry and this has really saved my hair the last couple trips. .. Kenra Daily Provisions Lightweight Leave-in Conditioner.
    http://www.kenra.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ID=25

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Oh, ftr, I keep my hair curly

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Thanks for the good info!! I don't know if anyone remembers the "Friends" episode where they were in the Bahamas I believe and with every change of scene, Monica's hair gets bigger and bigger. That is what my hair is like!! I will definitely try this product.

This is excellent news...is it a gel or shampoo?...ill look out for it next time im shopping.!

I have the opposite problem--my hair goes flat and limp.
    Vicky

My wife has been searching for such a product...thanks......she'll give it a try!

there are actually several products like this on the market now--basically anything with keratin in it. Organix makes a "system"--along with just shampoo and conditioner that helps cut down on frizz a little bit. for the "system" to work, you need to "seal" you hair with a flat iron, which could get painful if one has a lot of hair. for the shampoo and conditioner, i've used them just for wash and wear and it helped somewhat.

there are also salon treatments that coat the hair in keratin and last for months. they are pricey and are called different names, Brazillian Blow Out is one. some have formaldehyde, some do not. i have one in my hair and it's changed my life this summer and i can't wait to test it out in Negril this winter!

but for those who don't want a permanent result like that, i can't reccomend the organix stuff more--sold at regular drug stores like CVS and on amazon. you want the brown bottles, the Brazillian ones.

hope this helps someone!

Quote Originally Posted by CMoore View Post
    Thanks for the good info!! I don't know if anyone remembers the "Friends" episode where they were in the Bahamas I believe and with every change of scene, Monica's hair gets bigger and bigger. That is what my hair is like!! I will definitely try this product.
    LOL!!!! I do remember that! That was a great episode! Thanks for the laugh!

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

If you're looking for something more "permanent" I highly recommend the Keratin treatments. I live in FL and never used to straighten my hair over the summer, since it would go frizz-o-rama, but now I get the Keratin express treatments, and for $120 every 3 months, I have glorious frizz-free hair. I can wear it either straight or curly, and it's fabulous! Even works in Jamaica.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Default Hopeful

So this all sounds great BUT…. I scuba dive two times a day and have thick wavy hair and have always breaded it in the past to avoid looking like Medusa the entire trip is this something that would work for me or am I truly hopeless?

Hey Marnies, I saw a commercial for it the other day and thought about you and sadly I dont even know who you are but girl I did think about you!! haha

Hi everyone;
    It is just a spray that you put on after shampoo and conditioner. You spray on damp hair then blow dry and flat iron. Amazingly, it actually gives you more body! My hair feels thicker and much healthier after only 3 uses. For $12.99, that is a miracle!

I bought the 3 day straight and am off to Sans Souci and Negril tomorrow. I will try it on my hair in Jamaica, and give a honest review when I get back on the 21st. It would be really nice to wear my hair straight at least a few times.

I will wait patiently for your report grayturtless! Today, on day 3, I got caught in the rain. I didn't get soaked but my hair definately got wet and nothing happened!!!!!No frizz no waves nada!!!

OMG!!! Almost forgot to say Have a great time!

Marnies, Thanks for the hair tip, and the best wishes.

Marnies,

Sad to say that the three day straight did not work for me in Jamaica. I used it twice, and both times, my hair did not really curl, it just got really frizzy. It was extremely hot and humid when I tried it in August. Hope others have better luck, but for me it was just easier to let my hair curl.

Hi Gray;
    Damn! Did you flat iron it? I've been using it here all summer and it has worked great. Maybe Jamaican humidity is different from Canadian? LOL

Marnies, I did flat iron it, but to be honest I did not spend as much time on it as I would at home. You know how it is when your on vacation, my husband allows me an hour to get ready to go out. When we went in November the humidity was much more reasonable. If its worked for you here all summer, maybe it will be great there as well. Today is very humid in Ontario, but it was a lot worse in Jamaica.