Default CN restaurant music

So, I'm a little disappointed to report that, unlike at Couples Negril, when I eat breakfast here at home, there is no reggae music playing. This needs to be rectified! I liked a lot of the music that played at the Cassava Terrace and Beach Grill during the day, but the only song I've been able to remember and find is "96 Degrees in the Shade." There was a Shaggy song, too, but I've already got that. I know that the music at the resort was a playlist because I heard the same songs over and over again. Anybody know what some of the other songs played there are? If you know what music's played at Lychee, too, that'd be great.

Do you have sirius xm radio in your car or on TV? The channels The Joint and Kingston and Tropical Breezes will have the music you are looking for

I can't tell you what songs were played, but we were there last December and had a really fun time listening to the Reggae Christmas Songs.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Not sure what music is playing at Lychee. Give me 36 days and I will let you know.

I'm sure it changes from time to time but here are some of the songs we've heard over the years (also stuck in our heads b/c we heard multiple times - and enjoyed them).

Tenement Yard - Jacob Killer Miller
    I'm still in love with you - Sean Paul & Sasha
    Someone loves you honey - JC Lodge
    Uptown Ranking - Althea and Donna
    War Inna Babylon - Max Romeo & The Upsetters
    Two Sevens Clash - Culture
    Plastic Smile - Black Uhuru
    just about all songs from Harder They Come soundtrack

Thanks, rudi, that's really helpful!

btw, 96 degrees in the shade is by Third World if you want to download it on itunes. They had another big hit at the same time called "Try Jah love."

May I suggest...what is right under many of our noses, but so few of us pay attention to, ....your cable company/sattellite provider has many music channel choices in their channels..there is always at least 1 reggae channel, and they give you the same benefit as xm..the info....We have Cox Cable and they call theirs "music choice"

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    I'm sure it changes from time to time but here are some of the songs we've heard over the years (also stuck in our heads b/c we heard multiple times - and enjoyed them).

Tenement Yard - Jacob Killer Miller
    I'm still in love with you - Sean Paul & Sasha
    Someone loves you honey - JC Lodge
    Uptown Ranking - Althea and Donna
    War Inna Babylon - Max Romeo & The Upsetters
    Two Sevens Clash - Culture
    Plastic Smile - Black Uhuru
    just about all songs from Harder They Come soundtrack
    Good list, Rudi! May I add a few more?

Close To You - Maxi Priest
    Shame and Scandel - The Skatelites with Peter Tosh
    Jamaican Girl - The Gaylads
    (Poor Mi) Isrealites - Desmond Dekker
    Steppin' Out - Steel Pulse
    Steppin' Razor - Peter Tosh

Here's a link to check out Jacob Miller doing "Tenement Yard" live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7g1sf_94zA

Keep it jiggy, baby.
    Every Time
    Without a Doubt!

Bless