Default express check in

hi randy, for us repeaters it would a lot easier to be able to e mail our information to you before we arrive, such as credit card info, return flight info, emergency contact info and the like, all we would have to do is pick up our room packet and sign for the credit card, sounds easier if you have a program to run this info, it could be saved for our next visit easy you dont have to post this, just an idea i thought of wayne f

Like that idea!

me too

But then you miss that cool towel, and champagne! I love that first interaction with the staff!

While this may sound like a good idea, it really isn't. E-mail never has been and never will be a secure transport mechanism (unless encrypted...PGP or otherwise).

Sending this type of information (credit card numbers, your SSN, drivers license, etc.) in unencrypted e-mail becomes easy picking for man-in-the-middle attacks...and that's precisely how many of the stolen credit card numbers become available to the crooks and identity thiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by waynef View Post
    hi randy, for us repeaters it would a lot easier to be able to e mail our information to you before we arrive, such as credit card info, return flight info, emergency contact info and the like, all we would have to do is pick up our room packet and sign for the credit card, sounds easier if you have a program to run this info, it could be saved for our next visit easy you dont have to post this, just an idea i thought of wayne f
    I personally wouldn't give my credit card information on email. Perhaps on a secure website. Keep in mind Jamaicans have their own way of doing things.

Sounds like a great idea to me

it takes like 5 minutes to do all that stuff....have a drink, relax and fill out the forms. everything is rush rush rush these days. you're in Jamaica, relax, slow down enjoy the simple things. great view, great people, great smells

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    it takes like 5 minutes to do all that stuff....have a drink, relax and fill out the forms. everything is rush rush rush these days. you're in Jamaica, relax, slow down enjoy the simple things. great view, great people, great smells
    Totally agree!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Filling out that form with address, return flight, etc might be a nice idea. You could hand them your card when you get there. It seems like they should already have at least half that info anyway though.

I agree with Melody. I would be happy to complete a check - in form ahead of time and then provide my cc infomation on arrival. It would be really great to streamline the check in process and get to the beach faster.
    Karon

If I understand right, isn't that the point of pre-check in when you have romance rewards. You can enter all your flight information and whose travelling with you before you go so as to not do it when you get to the resort.

I think the problem is that the resorts are ran as a individual profit centers and per Jamaican law they need the credit card information at the resort for collection rules. They must confirm that you spending the money.

PS: I do not want my CC number floating around in anyone's system. I change numbers yearly, just to protect myself.

Great Idea, but not worth the risk in my option.
    Irie Mon

I like the check-in at the resort! I love catching up with the desk staff and bellhops, and all the staff we have got to know over the years.

I don't mind the paperwork, it means it's official, we've arrived.

I enjoy the cool drink and cold towels on arrival, and to just stand at the doors looking out to the ocean and island, breathe in that air.....................and know I'm home again.

I'm on vacation, I'm not in a hurry.

Miss seeing capt kirk during check in not good

Paul and I were talking about this today. When we arrive at the resort, we love the champagne and the cool towel and having to sit and fill in paperwork is a bit of a downer.

I work for a bank and am very aware about the need for online security, but what if the papers were available to print at home before you leave where you could then fill them in to save time. Forms can be easily posted as PDF files for printing. Once you arrive at the resort, you would then just have to add your credit card information which would take minimal time.

For those who didn't want to do this, there would be no requirement, but for those who prefer not to have to sit in front of someone while they're filling out the form it would be a nice option.

Karen

I would love to have our check in form filled out before we arrive. Not necessarily to save time but because we are so exhausted by time we arrive at the resort filling out forms correctly can be a pain. We travel on the red eye from the west coast and are usually dealing with 20 hours total travel time. We are not always thinking straight.

It would be so nice to have paperwork filled out and ready to hand over once we arrive. No chance for mistakes

nguc54t

I LOVE this idea of the forms....I've never met a form that I like, but honestly, having this at home to fill out would be an awesome improvement...we love sitting down at the desk at CSA and doing all of the paperwork, because it means we're on vacay (and they DO make it easy), but it would be GREAT to have the option of bringing completed paperwork with us....

Randymon, what do you think about posting the forms as PDFs on the Romance Rewards pre-check in page?

Karen

Why not just do it as a secure form on a website, by far the easiest and most secure way of doing it.

Greetings to all:

Romance Rewards Members who complete the pre-checkin form only need to sign the registration card and provide a credit card upon arrival. No other need to fill out forms.

Here is the link: http://couples.com/romance-rewards/pre-checkin.php

If you are not a Romance Rewards member, this is yet another good reason to sign up before your arrival.

Couples Resorts

Filled mine out this AM...though I think I confused the guy with our flights showing the 4th and us arriving at the resort on the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

Romance Rewards Members who complete the pre-checkin form only need to sign the registration card and provide a credit card upon arrival. No other need to fill out forms.

If you are not a Romance Rewards member, this is yet another good reason to sign up before your arrival.

I guess I don't understand thus thread. The Romance Rewards Pre-Checkin has everything they are asking for except getting their credit catrd info stolen from an email. Makes no sence!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

I just did the pre-checkin, though there are 2 issues:

1) This is our first trip there, we are not repeaters. Does that matter?

2) I incorrectly put myself as the person I was traveling with. I went back and put my partner's name instead an resubmitted. Hopefully that won't mess up your files